Aces Wild Regiment: Are You 'mech Enough?

42 replies to this topic

#21 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

All the Aces are great guys. We all love big stompy mechs and having fun. Come join the fun!

#22 Memory

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNYC, NY

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

would love to drop by and drop off an app, but the signup process appears to be bugged. anyway, this is me announcing my interest.

#23 Electric Mayhem

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

The Aces Wild Regiment is proud to announce that 1st Battalion, C Company has been officially designated as "The Screaming Chickens." Please update your contact lists accordingly.

We are continuing to recruit fun, active players who are looking for a good group with whom to bust 'Mechs and heads. Drop me a note or check out our website (www.the-aces.com) for more information.

#24 Electric Mayhem

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Tonight the Aces Wild hosted their first intra-regiment scrimmage- Charlie Company versus all comers. Want to know what happened? Join the fun.

www.the-aces.com

#25 Electric Mayhem

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Aces Wild: When you care enough to stomp the very best.

#26 Electric Mayhem

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Attention potential recruits: our website is back up and running well! I know a lot of you have had trouble getting on or getting though, but we're good to go- thank you all for your patience, and please feel free to visit any time:

www.the-aces.com

#27 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Tired of PUGs? tired of losing 9 out of 10 matches due to teammates who are more worried about KDR then winning and having fun?

Join the Aces Wild and have fun with the game! We have a new and improved website and a dedicated Teamspeak 3 Server, so come on by the website www.the-aces.com and check us out!

#28 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Posted Image

#29 Electric Mayhem

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Are you Wild enough?

Posted Image

WWW.THE-ACES.COM

#30 Joker Two

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Legged and crippled, with your CT exposed and enemy 'Mechs circling?

You don't need to worry if you have an Ace up your sleeve!

Edited by Joker Two, 26 April 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#31 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Great group. Had a great time playing with them. Highly recommended.

#32 Dorian Corona

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

We were on Alpine Peaks, dropped on the North side. I was in my Jenner with Cadet Karkov (callsign "Senator") next to me. I armed my lasers and streak missiles, and turned on my sensors. "Lights go left. Rest of us, head for target Epsilon."
"Roger. Senator, head for target Theta, I'll get Kappa."
"Copy," he replied.
Off we went. At a hundred and twenty clicks, I covered the half kilometer quickly, and secured Kappa. I could hear the chatter from the heavy and assault line as they approached Epsilon. It sounded bad. But my point was secure.
"Senator. I'm headed to you. Kappa secure."
"Copy. I'm almost to Theta."
I revved my Jenner to full speed. I had a lot of ground to cover.
"S***. I've got two heavies here!" Karkov cried. Betty displayed for me both targets. I pulled them up. "Senator, concentrate on Alpha, he's primary. I'll be there in 10 seconds."
I watched my lancemate's readout drop from 100% quickly to 90%, but Senator was landing hits on Alpha as well. The Jagermech's center torso armor started going red. I kicked in my jumpjets over the last hill, and found Senator circling around the Jager with an enemy catapult nearby. I already checked the Catapult's readout. It had LRMs that were too close to be effective. He started to back up. That left the Jager to me and Senator.
"I'm here." I fired my four medium lasers and grazed his armor. It was much lighter in the back. Of course, it also drew the Jager's attention. He turned to bear his AC5s on me. The catapult didn't.
"Keep on the Jager! Aim for his rear armor."
It was easy. The Jager just turned his mech, and never moved forward. The LRMs from the Catapult could never touch Senator's Jenner, and he kept his lasers trained on the Jager's back. But it was tense. The Jager's turn rate matched my speed, and I couldn't close the radius with him, as that would run me into Theta's mining machine. I saw my center torso armor go from yellow to red, then get stripped off. But Senator and I kept on him. Betty's readout showed the Jager's rear armor shred off, and my lasers were doing harm to his front. My streaks got a lock, and I fired. Two missiles smashed into his center torso.
At first, I didn't think they helped, but one of the missiles careened off the side torso and up, and exploded. The explosion touched off something in the Jager's rear, and suddenly secondary and tertiary explosions ripped the mech apart. It crashed forward with a thud, black smoke pouring off the rear of the beast.
One down.
"Alright, Senator, lets get Charlie."
We turned toward the hill, where the Catapult was standing, still firing 2 medium lasers and LRMs at us ineffectively. It kicked it's jumpjets and tried to flee down the back of the hill.
"I think he wants to live." I said.
"Yeah." Karkov responded. Chatter from the battle over at Epsilon continued.
"Turn back to Theta. Lets secure it first." I said.
"Roger."
We raced back, Senator beating me there in his slightly faster Jenner. Seconds later, Betty reported that Theta had been secured. The entire time, I kept an eye on my HUD's map, and sure enough, I was detecting seismic activity on the hill north of us. The catapult was still around, trying to hide. I reported this to Karkov.
"Roger. Lets go get him now."
This time, it was harder. We couldn't circle around the mech, as the Catapult had jumpjets, and used them effectively to turn and face us. I fired streak missiles as fast as I could lock on, and watched my heat threshold climb steadily every time I fired my lasers.
Then Senator fired his lasers into the catapult. They melted the armor off the heavy mech and pierced the engine. An explosion filled the mech's torso and expanded, and I saw the cockpit roof blow off and the pilot eject. Two down.
"Target that last mech" came over the radio, from Epsilon.
"Senator, lets get Sigma. It's likely they left it unguarded."
"Yeah."
As we got there, the battle finished. Our guys at Epsilon had taken massive damage, but only a couple mech losses (both ejected safely). It would have been way worse if that Jager and Catapult had joined the enemy main line. But our two Jenners took both on and tied them up. We concentrated our fire, and they panicked. We took down both of them together.

I only wish I had gotten it on FRAPs. This is the teamwork that makes Aces Wild the best merc company out there.

#33 MajorLeeHung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMerced, CA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

WHo do you need to PM to gain access to your TS? I have a friend who is in your unit and I wanna game with him but I dont want to ask him for the password and get him in trouble or anything. PM me please. TYVM.

edit: Yes im in another merc corp. Im not looking to recruit or anything like that just wanna game with my friends.

Edited by MajorLeeHung, 15 July 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#34 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

pm Black Pheonix his screen name on mwo is BlackPhoenix01

#35 MajorLeeHung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMerced, CA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostCrazyWorm, on 15 July 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

pm Black Pheonix his screen name on mwo is BlackPhoenix01

Thanks very much. I just PM'ed him.

#36 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

no problem any friend of a ace is a friend of mine lolwe help our friends

#37 Psycrow

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Check out the new Website...

http://the-aces.enjin.com/

"Psy"

#38 hillbilly31337

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Liking the new tags and Posters.

#39 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Just wanted to say you guys have been great.

#40 TxAce

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

Pilots,

The time has come for a new batch of recruits for one of MWO's most active communities.

Aces Wild is an expansive unit where just about anyone can find their niche. With over 100 active members across 6 companies, you are sure to find a group of like-minded pilots.

We have years of experience with MRBC and are always on the lookout for skilled pilots wanting to test their talents.

Check our our Unit's webpage at http://the-aces.enjin.com/. Complete the recruitment process and reach out to BloodEagle2985 or Killzonez so that they can get you set up.

Best regards,

AceOfKings
Unit Graphics Guy

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users