#61 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 21 March 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

MechWarriors.

So, what sub-forum(s) would you like to see?

How about General.

#62 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

I would like to see a sub-forum for unspecified, mechwarrior online topics, that do not belong in the more focused sub-forums.

#63 Inertiamon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Maybe add an official post where it's clearly demonstrated that community feedback either individually or as a whole will make a **** of difference to the design direction of the game.

Honestly I'm sure you community guys are doing your part, but it's not really obvious that it's going anywhere subsequently.

#64 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hi,

I know some other game forums where a topic in the forum gets an icon or another background color, as soon as a dev posts/answers in it. This makes it easier to find what the devs are writing and where they are responding.
There is so much information overlooked by many of us, because it is spread all over the forum.
It would drastically reduce the amount of certain topics created.

Could we add this feature to the MWO Forum please?

and to add to it:

It would be also cool to have an indicator showing, if a thread has been SEEN by a dev (first post is enough).

Thanks!

Copies from this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Edited by TexAss, 24 April 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#65 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

So you ask for our ideas and implement something that non of us suggested.
To get what you want you need to stop screwing around and just disable the ability for us to start topics.
Take out everything but Announcements and Devs Corner and be done with it.
You do not want to hear from us.

If you wanted to fix the forums you should have started with a working search function.

#66 Inertiamon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

And frankly gearing the entire structure of the forum around the ability to roundfile stuff based on coc breaches is a bit like buffing PPC's because ECM is borked.

Oh wait.

#67 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Posted Image

#68 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

How about a subforum of Gameplay Discussion for more generic discussions. We could call it General Discussion.

#69 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

For the mod who asked me (Err locked thread that looked to be in appropriate place) to post this here instead of suggestions:

We need a forum in here for Gameplay as a whole. Sometimes Mechs/Loadoats/Maps go hand in hand and to stay uniform to the new layout I would have to go to Mechs forum and Type "Cataphract Jumps" then go over to load out and enter "With PPC's and Gauss" then over to Off topic and put "while drinking my juice" and back into maps "on Tourmaline" followed up by Suggestions and Polls "It needs a NERF". That's alot of bouncing around. Just saying.....

#70 JokerVictor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 515 posts
  • LocationA happy place far from this bitter wasteland

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

http://www.urbandict...d&defid=2757484

Flagshipped

A term that was started on the hellgate: london forums, used to refer when you buy something and in turn the thing you bought is:

A: very poorly made
B: broken
C: bugged out to all hell (refering to a game)
D: not getting what you paid for

Tim: "I just logged into the MWO forums today and noticed they deleted General Discussion"

Bill: "Incoming Flagshipping."

Edited by JokerVictor, 24 April 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#71 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostJokerVictor, on 24 April 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

http://www.urbandict...d&defid=2757484

Flagshipped

A term that was started on the hellgate: london forums, used to refer when you buy something and in turn the thing you bought is:

A: very poorly made
B: broken
C: bugged out to all hell (refering to a game)
D: not getting what you paid for

Tim: "I just logged into the MWO forums today and noticed they deleted General Discussion"

Bill: "Incoming Flagshipping."

This flagship didn't even lube up before it, erherm, forcibly docked.
They are systematically locking down all threads about the deletion of general discussion, as well. Especially polls. This is stupid.

So, who has the time and know-how to start a general, unofficial forum for MWO? we could just take our talks and discussions there, then figure out what pidgeonhole our suggestions and such go in here when we need the devs to see something.

#72 Inertiamon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

There's little need - ultimately gravity will force the issue and either one forum (hi there suggestions and polls) will become defacto stomping ground or they'll get bored of endless filing threads here there and everywhere and just make a GD again.

Fact is it had traffic, regardless of why it had traffic. That will go somewhere and I can tell you for a fact it won't be to;

MWO / FORUMS / MWO UNIVERSE / GAMEPLAY DISCUSSION / GAME MODES / TOPICS THAT ARE SORT OF ABOUT GAME MODES BUT MORE ABOUT WHAT MECH IS BEST FOR THEM / HEATSINK / COOLANT FLUSH / ETC

#73 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts
  • LocationTrash can around the corner.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostViterbi, on 24 April 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

A number of posts have been removed from this thread for being off-topic, offensive, or otherwise in violation of our Code of Conduct.

This thread is for forum suggestions. Suggestions can include feedback and suggestions to add additional sub-forums. However, our thread that is specific to the recent forum changes, which may include a more general discussion on the matter is located here:
http://mwomercs.com/...fic-sub-forums/

I understand that some of you are frustrated with the changes. I assure you, we are reading your feedback (from both this and the other thread).

The only thing we are assured you are doing is locking relevant threads and stifling discussion under the guise of actually stimulating it, kinda like how you fragmented the forums.

#74 zraven7

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostRofl, on 24 April 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

The only thing we are assured you are doing is locking relevant threads and stifling discussion under the guise of actually stimulating it, kinda like how you fragmented the forums.

And a lot of us see it. Keep burning books if you like, we can still see the ashes.

#75 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

"Already explained it in my statement: this is not a moderation actions discussion sub-forum. For this reason this thread and the thread you are referring to are locked for discussing moderation actions.

The purpose of this forum is to allow our members, with relaxed rules, to post their taunting scoreboards, share in-game stories, poking fun at each other and build some comradery in the spirit of competition with fellow members of the MW:O community.

Please read the Rules Of The Deep Periphery. If you have questions or concerns, I'll be glad to answer them, just PM me."

I guess we need a moderation actions discussion sub-forum too. Some place where we can go to talk about not being able to talk about anything in NorthKoreaOnline

#76 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostFate 6, on 24 April 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

"Already explained it in my statement: this is not a moderation actions discussion sub-forum. For this reason this thread and the thread you are referring to are locked for discussing moderation actions.

The purpose of this forum is to allow our members, with relaxed rules, to post their taunting scoreboards, share in-game stories, poking fun at each other and build some comradery in the spirit of competition with fellow members of the MW:O community.

Please read the Rules Of The Deep Periphery. If you have questions or concerns, I'll be glad to answer them, just PM me."

I guess we need a moderation actions discussion sub-forum too. Some place where we can go to talk about not being able to talk about anything in NorthKoreaOnline

100% agree, Moderation Actions Discussion subforum. I have so much pent up anger that needs to be properly directed!

#77 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostRofl, on 24 April 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

100% agree, Moderation Actions Discussion subforum. I have so much pent up anger that needs to be properly directed!

I nearly teamkilled Egomain in game.....on principle.

#78 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'd like one called "General Discussion" please, for general discussion of the game.

#79 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostmiSs, on 24 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Moderation feedback can be addressed to the attention of the Community Management team via Support.

Again, back on topic please.

How the hell is suggesting a subforum in a subforum suggestion post not on topic?

Anyway, I'd like to see mechs and loadout subforums combined, as they are a bit too specialized and many relevat topics cover both at the same time, ie certain weapon builds on mechs.

#80 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I think adding a "Quick Question" thread where things like "what was in that patch?" or "how fast does an XL 350 engine go?" is needed.

65 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 65 guests, 0 anonymous users