Forum Suggestions

244 replies to this topic

#81 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Did anyone post a summary of that reddit from last night? I don't know where to look.

#82 LockeJaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Heh. I just created a twitter account for the sole purpose of forwarding my displeasure of the mods to Garth, Bryan and Russ. You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical of using the official channels for moderator feedback. My experience thus far is it is a black hole, and the mods here are beyond our reach.

As evidenced by the thread deletion, jetcom-img, k-towning of anything remotely critical of the new forum structure, regardless of merit or reasoned commentary/ response.

Suggestion: Give us General back. Keep your 55 sub forums intact, but give us a bloody place to hang out.

#83 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostLockeJaw, on 24 April 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Heh. I just created a twitter account for the sole purpose of forwarding my displeasure of the mods to Garth, Bryan and Russ. You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical of using the official channels for moderator feedback. My experience thus far is it is a black hole, and the mods here are beyond our reach.

As evidenced by the thread deletion, jetcom-img, k-towning of anything remotely critical of the new forum structure, regardless of merit or reasoned commentary/ response.

Suggestion: Give us General back. Keep your 55 sub forums intact, but give us a bloody place to hang out.

Don't forget Paul, he has a twitter too. And the actual MechwarriorF2P twitter as well.

So did anyone make a summary for the reddit?

#84 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

The forum changes look to be a muzzle on those that have issues and need to vent. The changes in themselves are fine. Overall things are too complicated and could use streamlining.

One thing I would like is a Flame forum. Many, like myself, need somewhere to vent our frustrations. I completely understand the need to contain or even eliminate discontents, however, shutting us up moves us out. This might be a goal to many and a relief to many more but it does come with consequences. I will explain using my own situation and MWO.

I have not played in a month. And the month prior to that only a handful of games. Before that I logged 2000 games since the last wipe and probably close to 1000 then. So I have played 3k games, paid to expand my mech bay and other tidbits at a cost of about $50USD. I was a member of probably the best MWO clan, skill wise, but have walked away from everything due to the consistent and unrelenting bugs and lack of perceived progress with this game. So why do I hang around? Like so many other MWO players, I was an avid fan of the franchise. I am 41 years old and love MW. I come back because I really hope this game turns a corner and becomes viable. I return here, to the forums, to stay in touch. Be a part of the process. Staying in touch lets me get involved again when I am ready. It keeps me interested.

If the goal is to eliminate the negativity, or remove the malcontents, I will move on. If the goal is to contain the crap, create an area where us delinquents can rant and rave, throw sand out of the sand box and be general ****** without affecting and polluting the rest of the forums. A clearly marked area like "Complaints" would provide the needed space and let me vent all my non essential nonsense to like minded fiends. Those who dislike this method need not visit.

I understand this is a stretch. I am just trying to be honest.

#85 LockeJaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

There goes one to paul. thanks Nicholas!

#86 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

No problem.

But seriously, where can I post to ask about a summary for the reddit? I'm starting to get peeved.

#87 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Thanks!

#88 Son of Horus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDragon Riding

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

General Discussion was a cool place for a new person like me to hang out...kinda like the barber shop.

Yes, things could get heated, horrible things said, but more often, I got amused, entertained and educated.

Every other major video game, guitarist website, miniature wargame website, GD was like the living room...only a weird and unattractive house lacked one.
I'm openly disappointed.

#89 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts
  • LocationTrash can around the corner.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

I've stated before in another thread, MWO is the only current game in the world with an active forum and no general discussion forum (or forum that serves the same purpose with a different name).

#90 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

All PGI wants is (DA MONEY)and they don't want any feedback from the new or old communities there web rating is like -50 on liking the game or the direction it is going that's why they have split the forums up so much there afraid of there player base and all the positive or negative feedback. I personally think PGI is just milking out the MechWarrior community till they quit paying then they will dump the servers and the players and fans. Im sorry but the game just plain sucks its to repetitive and boring and there is no chat lobby's or private matches so best advise just move on to a funner game.

#91 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hey, I have an idea.

Why don't you make another sub-forum just for the hell of it?

#92 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

we have over 50 forums/sub-forums, not counting the archive and the foreign sub-forums.

But we have no central point (hint: it's called a General forum in every other forum in the internet).

Which game or anything needs freakin 50 - FIFTY - forums?!

Edited by TexAss, 25 April 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#93 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

A General Discussion section...

#94 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'd like for a General Discussion subforum. Every other concievable game out there has one. Why doesn't MWO?

#95 para

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

My suggestions:

1 ) Reduce the number of forums by at least 50%
2 ) Add a forum for general chit-chat about the game (a general forum, so to speak).

Edited by para, 25 April 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#96 von Pilsner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postpara, on 25 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

My suggestions:

1 ) Reduce the number of forums by at least 50%
2 ) Add a forum for general chit-chat about the game (a general forum, so to speak).

Great idea, they could call it: General Discussion

#97 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Why is this thread under Game Play Discussion / Polling and Suggestions? Why? Because it belongs in General Discussion. Not here. This has nothing to do with Game Play. PGI doesn't even know where to put their own posts.

I think that qualifies for a thoroughly ill thought and executed idea.Complete insanity. What the hell is going on around here?

Edited by pjnt, 25 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#98 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

I must say that i very much agree that removing General chat was a very bad idea.

#99 Landsharkk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Locationnear Seattle, WA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hah, I guess they got tired of censoring all of the threads in the general section. Bad press from your playing customers doesn't help so well, eh?

I mean, PGI can't even give us a straight answer as to why it's gone. Every single game in existence has a general discussion area. If you take it away all you get is topics created sporadically in all the wrong areas, because they would otherwise belong in the general section.

Basically, removing the general section creates more work for the forum mods in just about every other available posting area.

Almost ever decision from PGI leaves me scratching my head wondering.

Furthermore, I just created a thread in the General Section asking why over 50% of my matches end with game breaking bugs and almost the entire rest of my matches have minor bugs that high profile (i.e. easily noticed).

1 day later they remove the general discussion area saying it was filled with inappropriate content? Really? Honestly it's obvious PGI doesn't want newcomers to see all the bugs and other crap going on in this game which was pointed out by MWO players in the general chat area.

The more I think about this the more I just can't understand ANYTHING that PGI does. It's been like this for almost a full year, every decision that doesn't make any sense at all.

Edited by Landsharkk, 25 April 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#100 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

how about just bloody returning the General Disucssion!

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users