100 Lrm's Into The Face, See The Result Here

358 replies to this topic

#21 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

lol... you are complaining about totally stripping the CT armor in one volley?

Please.

#22 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostTennex, on 21 March 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

what you are expecting is a 1 button 1 shot that homes in on your target.

maybe we need to adjust expectations. nothing else does that in this game.

homing missiles that take 2 shots to kill an enemy isn't really all that weak.

yeah but what about people who don't boat 100 of the damned things, I'm seeing a lot of stock builds/balanced builds that are going to be pretty useless now

#23 Smk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostTennex, on 21 March 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

look how much damage the cataphract is doing the the stalker. and how much the stalker is returning to the cataphract and you tell me that is fair. even in its nerfed state.

You're arguing that an Assualt mech that stripped everything to fit 5 lrm 20s shouldn't out damage a cataphract? On the TT it would take 7 gauss rounds to top that. Obviously some of that is lost due to spread but come on. Nothing but an armored up Assualt should be able to face tank 100 lrms.

Edited by Smk, 21 March 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#24 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

The OP is the perfect example of all the people who cry LRMs are not powerful enough. They all want a one click insta-kill boat instead of anything remotely balanced. This is the same mentality that leads people to declare silly **** like the pre-hitbox nerf Raven being perfectly ok, ECM being balanced, and SRMs are totally fine. The minute their cheesy FOTM garbage is threatened they cry like a spoiled five year old.

You're arguing that an Assualt mech that stripped everything to fit 5 lrm 20s shouldn't out damage a cataphract? On the TT it would take 7 gauss rounds to top that. Obviously some of that is lost due to spread but come on. Nothing but an armored up Assualt should be able to face tank 100 lrms.

The argument is that no boat should have a one click insta-kill like the OP wants. Even a Stalker loaded with nothing but ERPPCs can't do it (save for a headshot, but those are basically outliers) so why should an LRM boat?

Edited by TOGSolid, 21 March 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#25 Gen Kumon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

OMG, guys, my four AC/2 Jagermech isn't oneshotting everything, it's obviously bugged!

Seriously, there was no other weapon in the game that was doing anything like the damage LRMs were doing. What you're seeing now is far, far closer to their intended performance. Sorry if you don't like it, but you've been taking advantage of a bugged, broken weapon system this entire time. Welcome to the real game, where you have to actually track your targets for more than a few seconds from 900m out to kill them. It now takes two to three volleys from the same number of launchers to kill targets that would go down in one volley before. Guess what? That's simply in line with every other weapon in the game.

Edit: And as for SRMs, they're still out damaging ballistics for damage per ton, and when you account for having to boat heatsinks, lasers as well. They're still good weapons, it's just that they have to actually compete against other weapons again.

Edited by Gen Kumon, 21 March 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#26 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

View PostM4rtyr, on 21 March 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Please.

more the fact that it took 100 missiles about half a tonne of ammo to do that, which basically obsoletes anything that isn't a stalker trying to use LRMs

#27 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

View PostM4rtyr, on 21 March 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Please.

100 LRM's stripped away his ~50 points of armor, oh I'm completely satisfied with that. Sounds totally right to me. I mean what the hell, that's only 50tons of weapontry (5x lrm20) and then ammo on top of it. Return is 50 points of armor damage? Hell yeah man!

(for the slow minded, above is sarcasm)

#28 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

I see nothing wrong here.

Two salvos of 100 missiles, without any Artemis, TAG, or NARC support, sounds good for a heavy mech.

I would expect that mech to almost die or die if you had Artemis, TAG, or NARC on the target.

View PostMadPanda, on 21 March 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

100 LRM's stripped away his ~50 points of armor, oh I'm completely satisfied with that. Sounds totally right to me. I mean what the hell, that's only 50tons of weapontry (5x lrm20) and then ammo on top of it. Return is 50 points of armor damage? Hell yeah man!

Ya, but your thinking ONLY the CT, what about all that damage splashed into the other sections?

#29 Treckin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Posted Image

#30 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostZyllos, on 21 March 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Ya, but your thinking ONLY the CT, what about all that damage splashed into the other sections?

I explained that. His right/left torso went from yellow armor to orange armor. How many points of damage is that? Not a lot.

#31 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Try that with any other weapons....
Wait, you'll need like 5xAC/20 or 10xERPPC's? OH SHI...

How many tons is that?

How about AC/2's? 300 ton's?

LRM is still OP.

Edited by rgreat, 21 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#32 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

It's too bad you made that a 300x200 animated gif instead of a proper HD video. It's hard to see, but the whole paperdoll of the Phract flashes red, so you spread your 100 missiles all over him, still strip his CT of all its armour and destroy three weapons.

I don't see what's so amazingly underpowered about that.

#33 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 21 March 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Above you can see me running a 5x LRM20 Stalker. That's 100 LRM's shot at once. My target is unsuspecting cataprach, a very juicy target for any LRM boat. He is nearly max health (like 95%, little scrathes, all armor near max). I unleash the barrage of 100 LRM's right into his face at optimal range of about 300m. And to raise up the stakes even more, he is actually walking towards me with his massive front chest directed right at my lrm's.

Expectations; this is the biggest mistake of his puny life.

Result: He lost his center torso armor and his CT internals are at yellow. His left/right torso are now at orange armor.

I'll let you decide if LRM's are still worth keeping around.

Dude can't you put up the video on youtube or something? How are we supposed to see anything well enough to make up our minds on that minimal gif? I can't even see what the heck you're firing at.

Edited by armyof1, 21 March 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#34 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 21 March 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

more the fact that it took 100 missiles about half a tonne of ammo to do that, which basically obsoletes anything that isn't a stalker trying to use LRMs

Your argument is ********. What you're saying is akin to saying anything that can't boat 5 ER PPCs is useless, anything that can't run 5 LLASs shouldn't bother using them, anything that can't rack up six SRM 6s is dumb, etc. etc. Why should any mech that isn't boating the ever loving **** out of a heavy set of weapons be able to instantly strip armor? Your post reeks of "boohoo my easy mode weapon is gone now."

Edited by TOGSolid, 21 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#35 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

The LRM damage seems like it's at a good point in comparison to the regular Battletech. The main thing that needs to be done now is severely increase the heat generation for energy and autocannon weapon boating. Alphas are supposed to be more of a last ditch or finishing move, not the norm.

#36 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 21 March 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

I explained that. His right/left torso went from yellow armor to orange armor. How many points of damage is that? Not a lot.

Well, then you just made your self look like a fool then.

You say only 50 points of damage, but the CT has more than 50 points of armor (88 points for CT area, front/back), plus the LT/RT took extra damage, that in total that might be 75+ damage.

#37 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

View Postkilgor, on 21 March 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

The LRM damage seems like it's at a good point in comparison to the regular Battletech. The main thing that needs to be done now is severely increase the heat generation for energy and autocannon weapon boating. Alphas are supposed to be more of a last ditch or finishing move, not the norm.

Please tell me more about all these supposedly scary energy and ballistic boats.

#38 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostZyllos, on 21 March 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Well, then you just made your self look like a fool then.

You say only 50 points of damage, but the CT has more than 50 points of armor (88 points for CT area, front/back), plus the LT/RT took extra damage, that in total that might be 75+ damage.

Entire mech got damaged + most of CT criticals is gone. I'd say 100+ damage.

Edited by rgreat, 21 March 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#39 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Poststjobe, on 21 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

It's too bad you made that a 300x200 animated gif instead of a proper HD video. It's hard to see, but the whole paperdoll of the Phract flashes red, so you spread your 100 missiles all over him, still strip his CT of all its armour and destroy three weapons.

I don't see what's so amazingly underpowered about that.

I didn't take out anything m8. He is running 3xUAC5, they all jammed and are thus red.

View Postarmyof1, on 21 March 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Dude can't you put up the video on youtube or something? How are we supposed to see anything well enough to make up our minds on that minimal gif? I can't even see what the heck you're firing at.

Reading the comments so far, evidence is something that has very little value around here. All the butt-hurt people who got wrecked with LRM's are now just glad that they are nerfed to useless. These people don't care about balance. They are just gloating over a dead corpse.

#40 Jerod Drekmor

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWest side of Iron Curtain

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postkilgor, on 21 March 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

And then mate we will have good MW game(no sarcasm). No Lrm/alpha/srm Online, Steady fire, cover use, tactic, team work, heat/ammo management.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users