Lrm/srm Missiles A Joke Now.

64 replies to this topic

#1 Zallin

• Pip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

So yeah my 3 stalkers have now been reduced to all energy weapons models ;) seriously wtf?

#2 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

They aren't.

#3 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

People got way too used to killing stuff easily with LRMs. ;)

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

Come on?
That can't be true.

#5 MN03

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Haha, LRM got nerfed because it was easy mode! Shooting with my double gauss/ac20/triple UAC5/4ppc/4ll takes more skillz. Live with it.

#6 Zallin

• Pip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 March 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Come on?
That can't be true.

could bearly break 300 damage on my lrm boat on a good hit run and my streak stalker ended up with ppc's because it quite litterly could not break 200 damage.

Stalkers are now for laser tag ;)

#7 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

The tears today are delicious.

View PostMN03, on 22 March 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Haha, LRM got nerfed because it was easy mode! Shooting with my double gauss/ac20/triple UAC5/4ppc/4ll takes more skillz. Live with it.

also this, bring back up weapons along with a smaller non boat load of lrms and learn to use the back up weapons.

View PostZallin, on 22 March 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

on my lrm boat

There is your problem, dont rely on one weapon type, my stalker has medium lasers, srms and lrms and can fight effectively at any range.

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 22 March 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#8 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostMN03, on 22 March 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

No it was nerfed because the internal testing stinks. Its useless. Horrid.

LRM's was okay before the last patch broke them. The setups you talk about above all takes less skillz to use against good players. Unless you find it challenging to point the cursor at some mech and press your mouse button.

#9 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostZallin, on 22 March 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

could bearly break 300 damage on my lrm boat on a good hit run and my streak stalker ended up with ppc's because it quite litterly could not break 200 damage.

Stalkers are now for laser tag ;)

Well well well...what about using some different kind of weapons too?
Did you fired your LRM on sight...or did you just fired them at any target possible? Without any idea where they are?

Stalker with Streak? - maybe as primary weapon? That is a joke not the LRM

#10 Infrasound

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

1 laser
1 lurm
1 peeeeeepeeeeecceeee

? 3 laser boats, you're doing it wrong

#11 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

2x alrm15, 3x mlas, 1x tag on a C1. Still viable esp. as a area denial weapon. Did 700+ dmg few times which means you can still break 1k with a boat and totally dominate in pug drops with a tagging-scout wingman.

Good fix.

#12 MN03

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 22 March 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

No it was nerfed because the internal testing stinks. Its useless. Horrid.

LRM's was okay before the last patch broke them. The setups you talk about above all takes less skillz to use against good players. Unless you find it challenging to point the cursor at some mech and press your mouse button.

No, the weapons are more difficult to use because it gives direct damage plus have no minimum range. LRM is easy mode.

#13 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

Heaven forbid you have to use other weapons!!
These threads are just annoying me now. It was a temporary fix to a bug, this was not a nurf, numbers are being worked on, hopefully fixed up by the first patch next month. Simply put, missiles were far too effective, thus, the hotfix.

#14 Zallin

• Pip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 March 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Well well well...what about using some different kind of weapons too?
Did you fired your LRM on sight...or did you just fired them at any target possible? Without any idea where they are?

Stalker with Streak? - maybe as primary weapon? That is a joke not the LRM

My 5S packed 4 med pulse lasers, tag, flamer + 4 streak lauchers.

It was doing well for itself, great for taking it to lights and dealing with the jump jet attackers + it could hold its own in a fight with most meds and heavies

#15 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostMN03, on 22 March 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

No, the weapons are more difficult to use because it gives direct damage plus have no minimum range. LRM is easy mode.

No, those weapons are easy to use because they give far less time for the target to get into cover. Only clueless or careless players became LRM food.

Its no big deal though. This game got so little content that its healthy to change weapons from time to time.

What ****** me off is that the devs are taking the break stuff - then break it even more the opposite way approach of developing.

#16 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostZallin, on 22 March 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

My 5S packed 4 med pulse lasers, tag, flamer + 4 streak lauchers.

It was doing well for itself, great for taking it to lights and dealing with the jump jet attackers + it could hold its own in a fight with most meds and heavies

May I ask when you started in playing MWO?

Oh I see...December. So you had this build even before the Splash damage bug occured?

Edited by Karl Streiger, 22 March 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#17 Billygoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

Still doing fine with SRMs on my HBK-4SP. Just got out of a ~800 damage match. Can't comment on LRMs yet, but nobody is using them so maybe that tells me something ;)

#18 Zallin

• Pip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 March 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

May I ask when you started in playing MWO?

Oh I see...December. So you had this build even before the Splash damage bug occured?

Just before, didn't even really notice much on the way of a problem with how streaks were working until this patch when I was trying to lay the hurt on a trebuchet and it felt like I was shooting spitwads

#19 CG Chicken Kn

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Just tried my LRM Stalker. Which I have mainly for the lols, usually a light/fast med pilot.

It seemed fairly reasonable, peeled a LOT of armour without one shotting anyone.
The target(s) had time to take cover before dying, but not without taking significant damage.

Something with less weapons or less heat efficient would probably seem pretty weak, but that is kind of the idea.
No weapon should be a one or two shot wonder.
*Note. Stalker has 3 LRM 15 interspersed with 2 LRM 5 , with Artemis, chain fired, LRM 15's in slots that don't have 15 missle tubes, so they ripple fire on their own. Pretty much the only way to make this heat manageable and capable of sustained fire.

So that is a crap-ton of LRMs, and does it's job without being a one shot wonder, which it was during the short period of broken LRMs.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

#20 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostZallin, on 22 March 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Just before, didn't even really notice much on the way of a problem with how streaks were working until this patch when I was trying to lay the hurt on a trebuchet and it felt like I was shooting spitwads

Thats the real problem. You got used to a specifc type of Mech and tactic. Why not it worked. Little risky when your target is in ECM.
Lets consider that the damage the LRM and SRM does is now final. So they are not a good primary weapon...but after all they are still good secondary armament. Look the SRM 4 for example has a good damage/weight/heat ratio. 2 of them could still give a good punch in situations you needed them.
The LRM 5 is while no heavy hitter still a vaild weapon to got the other team on the nerves...Incomming Missile... do they knew that it is just a single LRM 5? Now they do not.

Best way you can do is to addept this actuall problem... try to use multiple weapons of different kinds.
For example when you now use PPCs only and they neft them again (hell please yes) you have to start just from the beginning.
But when you mech has LRMs, SRMs, PPC and Laser... maybe a ballistic too...(a Atlas) you can overcome evey buff and every nerf they will ever throw at you.

Never try to get used to monocultural build like the noobcat, gausskitt, boomcat, HexStalker, LRM boating Awesome etc.
On the short run you deal lots of damage and got lots of kill...but every next patch can end this. On the long run only variations is the right way.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users