• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hail,

There's a poll asking about the JM, and as I cannot reply I thought I'd post here.

DO NOT RUN THE JAGERMECH ON ITS DEFAULT ARMOR VALUES!!!

The first thing you want to do with it is take everything out, go to the armor section and fill up all the sections (max legs, arms, figure out an arrangement with the front and back). Then put the engine back in, and whatever weapons you can fit.

The default Jagermech comes with 50 or maybe 60% of the possible armor that it can hold!!!

#2 Xacharon

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

This really ought to be SOP for any 'mech that people buy and outfit. Stock configurations are generally lackluster.

#3 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostXacharon, on 22 March 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

This really ought to be SOP for any 'mech that people buy and outfit. Stock configurations are generally lackluster.

I agree, but it does seem to skip some people's attention (even vets).

I know people considered the Treb squishy when it came out and it had a similar armor iss... uh... feature.

#4 Xacharon

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

For me, a large part of the fun in this game is getting new mechs and trying out different loadouts to find one that matches my playing style. It's kind of like dating, but without the social awkwardness. Or human interaction. :blink:

The idea of leaving a mech stock is just foreign to me. Granted, sometimes you can't afford the upgrades you want, so you're stuck with some default loads for a while, but that's a temporary situation until you get the C-Bills you need.

Anyway Daisu, what you say is exactly right -- the first thing to do with any new mech is to strip it down and load it back up the way you want it. Typically this means a lot more armor and a better weapons profile, at a minimum. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users