The Definition Of "assault"

30 replies to this topic

#1 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

a : to cower behind a rock in fear
b : hiding behind a building in order to avoid accomplishing anything of value
c : refusing to attack the enemy, instead choosing to observe the underwear of the teammate you are hiding behind

a : playing a video game by not playing the game (i.e. sitting in place)
b : waiting to die

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Oh look another player trying to shame people to playing his way. :)

#3 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 March 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Oh look another player trying to shame people to playing his way. :)

Oh look another inept player who doesn't understand that if eight people move foward into the enemy and destroy them immediately that they will be dead and no longer alive. :P

edit: I think I heard you mutter "jerk"

also there is this thing called "reason" which kind of destroys your argument, too.

NEXT HALF-BRAIN IN LINE, PLEASE.

p.s. conquest

Edited by Precarious, 23 March 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#4 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

I resent your tone. You are making it sound like Assault mechs should be ashamed. NO YOU BEAUTIFUL DEATH MACHINE BEASTS YOU GOT NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED! IT'S THE PILOTS THAT NEED TO BE ASHAMED NOT YOU! It's all gonna be alright...

#5 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 23 March 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

I resent your tone. You are making it sound like Assault mechs should be ashamed. NO YOU BEAUTIFUL DEATH MACHINE BEASTS YOU GOT NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED! IT'S THE PILOTS THAT NEED TO BE ASHAMED NOT YOU! It's all gonna be alright...

gauss 'em 'cause he's awesome hit 'em with the medium lasers pulsin'
turn the page to atlas, watch a mad fast jenner dash past this
she balked, sir, just 'cause i'm a fast talker so i walked all over her with my stalker

Edited by Precarious, 23 March 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostPrecarious, on 23 March 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

Oh look another inept player who doesn't understand that if eight people move foward into the enemy and destroy them immediately that they will be dead and no longer alive. :)

edit: I think I heard you mutter "jerk"

also there is this thing called "reason" which kind of destroys your argument, too.

NEXT HALF-BRAIN IN LINE, PLEASE.

p.s. conquest

No I didn't mutter it, But Monitors don't have Microphones here at work.

Your argument is a one sided I don't like you not dying the way I want you to. There are lots of ways to play the game. You have one. I on the other hand normally die early and wrack up enough damage dealt to be one of the top three win or lose. But I don't try to shame others for being cautious or defensive. They are playing the game the right way for them.
Thank You try again!

#7 Xendojo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

Useless thread is useless.

Not to mention completely subjective, and in no way whatsoever constructive.

#8 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

<p>

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 March 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

</p>
<p>No I didn't mutter it, But Monitors don't have Microphones here at work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Your argument is a one sided I don't like you not dying the way I want you to. There are lots of ways to play the game. You have one. I on the other hand normally die early and wrack up enough damage dealt to be one of the top three win or lose. But I don't try to shame others for being cautious or defensive. They are playing the game the right way for them.</p>
<p>Thank You try again!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<div>the point of playing the game is to play the game, not to avoid playing the game by hiding behind in-game objects. &quot;zero&quot; is not a laudable goal for damage, nor anything constrained to a meager two digits. if you could please explain how not doing damage to the enemy is a better strategy than doing damage to the enemy and killing them (the point of the game), then please proceed.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>i think you must be responding to some imaginary scenario that you have created as a product of your inherently flawed cognitive processes, as opposed to the actual, extant situation i have depicted. please return to reality if you are going to make posts on a forum which is a part of it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>otherwise, consider yourself wrong as usual. thanks!</div>

yeah, i mean, look at all the junk html it just added to this post for no reason. i'm not even going to bother removing that crap, jesus christ. and i'm one of the fastest typists to have ever lived!

View PostXendojo, on 23 March 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

Useless thread is useless. Not to mention completely subjective, and in no way whatsoever constructive.

see the post i just made for further information.

also, your post meets its own criteria and you are wrong. enjoy!

Edited by Precarious, 23 March 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#9 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

<p>

View PostXendojo, on 23 March 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

Useless thread is useless. Not to mention completely subjective, and in no way whatsoever constructive.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>WELL I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE TAKING SO LONG RESPONDING SO HERE I'LL RESPOND TO YOU AGAIN</p>
<p> </p>
<p>first of all, the definitions of words are not subjective -- sorry! words have meaning, and if you are incapable of comprehending this, you do not pass go, you do not collect two hundred cbills, and you instead proceed back to kindergarten to begin the entire educational process anew, because you seem to have not been paying any attention.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<div>let's imagine that we're a part of some strange reality where your post was somehow factually valid.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>&quot;useless thread is useless.&quot;</div>
<div> </div>
<div>assuming that the thread is actually useless, what is the point of making this statement? an adjective will always describe an object which is capable of being described by that adjective; the thing will always be the thing that it is. red will always be red. unless it becomes green; then it will be green instead.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>the thing will always be the thing that it is, unless it becomes something else; then the thing will be that thing, instead.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>i mean, you're literally operative on so unintelligible and visceral a level that you're running around, like a chicken with your head cut off, screaming at the top of your lungs, &quot;THE ROCK IS A ROCK! THE TREE IS A TREE! THE SUN IS A SUN! THINGS ARE WHAT THEY ARE! I'M A GENIUS!&quot;</div>
<div> </div>
<div>oh, wait, no. you're just another ***** who was &quot;in no way whatsoever constructive.&quot;</div>
<div> </div>
<div>p.s. the word &quot;*****&quot; has an actual definition and you are living up to that, thus the above usage was neither derisive nor inflammatory in nature, merely factual. summarily intellectually decimated. trounced!</div>

i honestly can't recall the last time i made a post on a forum and the software / backend decided to inject HTML instead of stripping it. apparently IGP / whoever only hires kids fresh out of high school.

Edited by Precarious, 23 March 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

View PostPrecarious, on 23 March 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

the point of playing the game is to play the game, not to avoid playing the game by hiding behind in-game objects. is not a laudable goal for damage, nor anything constrained to a meager two digits. if you could please explain how not doing damage to the enemy is a better strategy than doing damage to the enemy and killing them (the point of the game), then please proceed.

i think you must be responding to some imaginary scenario that you have created as a product of your inherently flawed cognitive processes, as opposed to the actual, extant situation i have depicted. please return to reality if you are going to make posts on a forum which is a part of it.
otherwise, consider yourself wrong as usual. thanks!

yeah, I mean, look at all the junk html it just added to this post for no reason. i'm not even going to bother removing that crap, jesus christ. and i'm one of the fastest typists to have ever lived!

see the post i just made for further information.

also, your post meets its own criteria and you are wrong. enjoy!

If the player hit launch they are playing the game. You should be more concerned with your own performance than how other play the game. You will be happier with how it goes. So lets see. I don't hide, I press the offensive, I score top 3, Whether or not my team mate is hiding taking cover, and you are still mad?

Lets see as to why taking cover is good?

Less Missiles hit you, as well as Gauss, ACs & lasers.

Finally How do you know the player staying in cover is not having fun? What if the only thing they are concerned with is trying to stay alive till the end of the match? That is the fail of your perspective. You want us all to play your way. To many people whine and complain about things they have no control over. I'm doing it right now! I can't make you see things from a different perspective.

You are entitled to your opinion, But with that entitlement, come the fact that you will be disagreed with. I am not wrong, cause there is no right answer to your complaint.

Some questions:
1) Are you in a group?
2) Does your team have TS?
3) If not why not?

What you are complaining about is something that being on TS will resolve. If you are PUGging only, then you get what you get and there is nothing your complaining will do but make those who want to grieve you know they just need to hide behind terrain to upset you! I think I hear the Goons snickering in the background!

#11 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Thread is still useless.

Leaving thread now.

#12 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

"If the player hit launch they are playing the game."

Great! So, according to you, the game is now running around killing teammates, into a wall, doing nothing -- ALL BECAUSE I HIT LAUNCH! LA LA LA I AM PLAYING THE GAME LA LA LA LA BLA HALAL. No.

A game implies a set of rules and objectives. The objective in assault is to "assault" the enemy -- a word, which exists, which has a definition; thus, the objective is to do that: assault. Not not-assault.

BUT THAT PROBABLY MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE FOR YOUR BRAIN HAHAHAHAHAH OH WELL THERE I GO AGAIN.

--

"You should be more concerned with your own performance than how other play the game"

This is called a "false truism." It falls into the same category is "conventional folk wisdom" like slathering a burn or gaping wound with butter. It is completely ***-backwards, inapplicable, and only repeated by people who are as uneducated and simple-minded as are you. I really hope you don't watch or otherwise enjoy any sports, like football, or whatever. Yeah, go tell a bunch of NFL players that. KIDS THESE DAYS, SO EASILY DOMINATED.

--

"So lets see. I don't hide, I press the offensive, I score top 3, Whether or not my team mate is hiding taking cover, and you are still mad?"

No one was talking about you. Nothing I said had anything to do with you; I have no idea who you are. The fact that you are attempting to make my statement about your own personal state of being is exact proof of how insane you are: you are incapable of even maintaining adherence to the established topic of conversation. There is no hope for you.

Also, I am not mad. Here, I wrote this to demonstrate your stupidity to you in greater form:

derisive assertions intersperse inchoate aspersions
girlie said i was mad, convinced she was certain
didn't know a flow logic empiricist physician was in
the raps trapped, collapsed her quantum superposition
ideal dilation, sweat's suppressed, not short of breath
pulse is nominal, no ancillary signs of stress
your ignorance is phenomenal, cognition abominable
rancid and unquaffable, intolerable as a yanni album

says i'm cute when i'm mad, what a joker, so sad
too serious, extrapolations doubleplusdangerously delirious
argument indefensible, responses cliche and stenciled
"you're mad, you're boring, you're wasting your time"
that jukebox track's attracted septillions of dimes
but check mine, it's in the centillions
to stack cash so fast is purely supervillain

----

Since you are not intelligent enough to interpret the English language with any degree or semblance of adequacy, allow me to reiterate.

****THIS IS NOT ABOUT 'TAKING COVER' -- THIS IS ABOUT REFUSING TO ENGAGE THE ENEMY BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID OF DYING, WHEN IN REALITY IF YOU ENGAGED THEM THEY WOULD DIE INSTEAD. I HAVE WATCHED THIS HAPPEN LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF TIMES IN UNTOLD NUMBERS OF VIDEO GAMES ACROSS THE PRECEDING 15 YEARS. YOU ARE INSANE AND WRONG, BECAUSE THE ONLY REALITY YOU ARE REFERRING TO IS THE DELUSIONALLY-MANUFACTURED ONE WHICH IS ONLY A PART OF YOUR OWN FRAGMENTED CONSCIOUSNESS****

That being said, you are wrong.

------

"That is the fail of your perspective."

Failure. Not fail. Fail is a verb. Failure is a noun.

That is the failuire of your grammar. Or lack thereof.

------

"2) Does your team have TS?

Teamspeak affords a medium of communication. If you cannot communicate adequately using the in-game text chat, you are not a skilled player. In fact, an actual, legitimately skilled player needs no communication at all, because he is already aware of what is happening and immediately responsds to it with a perfected degree of rationality -- great! Informed decision-making, what a wildly prosperous notion.

I CAN'T EVEN READ AND RESPOND TO THE REST OF YOUR POST SINCE YOU'RE SO UNEDUCATED AND MIRED IN PITIFUL SELF-OBSESSIVE NARCISSISM THAT THERE IS NO HOPE FOR YOU.

Enjoy being mere flotsam upon the seascape of humanity, or whatever.

Try facts, they're better than delusion.

View PostXendojo, on 23 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Thread is still useless.

Leaving thread now.

Thread is fine, your life is useless. Please leave that instead.

Edited by Precarious, 23 March 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#13 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostXendojo, on 23 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Thread is still useless.

Leaving thread now.

but it's just getting good, this is the part where the OP gets mad and starts insulting people who don't agree with his stupid ideals. edit:called it.

Edited by Omni 13, 23 March 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#14 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostOmni 13, on 23 March 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

but it's just getting good, this is the part where the OP gets mad and starts insulting people who don't agree with his stupid ideals. edit:called it.

Explain to me why I am legitimately perturbed and you're not merely attempting to reduce your cognitive dissonance via the mindless parroting of a memetic, neologistic construct perpetuated by a visceral fixation with popular culture.

Yeah, you're not going to be able to do that. I am more intelligent than you. Deal with it.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

:P
Oh Dear!
Yeah done here Not only are you overbearing and wrong, your quote is broke! :o

I am using facts. No two people will play the game exactly alike. What facts have you brought to the conversation? You don't like players who use cover! That's it.

You don't like it. Thank you. You can go now! :)

#16 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

A mech in the 80-100 ton range

Nothing more nothing less

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostPrecarious, on 23 March 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

Explain to me why I am legitimately perturbed and you're not merely attempting to reduce your cognitive dissonance via the mindless parroting of a memetic, neologistic construct perpetuated by a visceral fixation with popular culture.

Yeah, you're not going to be able to do that. I am more intelligent than you. Deal with it.

In your own little world you may be smarter than everyone, but out here... You are missing the big picture.

#18 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostPrecarious, on 23 March 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

proving my point further

View PostAlexEss, on 23 March 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

^this

#19 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

I lied, because i have to point out what this thread is really about.

This is about Precarious raging to the forums because he lost a game or 2. Will a moderator please lock and/or remove this pointless thread?

Useless thread is *still* useless.
Leaving thread for real now.

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 23 March 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

Sorry not quite true:

a: a violent physical or verbal attack

b]: a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces[/color]
Please note the word Usually.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 23 March 2013 - 06:25 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users