• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOutreach. Looking for new hires

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostPrecarious, on 23 March 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

a : to cower behind a rock in fear
b : hiding behind a building in order to avoid accomplishing anything of value
c : refusing to attack the enemy, instead choosing to observe the underwear of the teammate you are hiding behind

a : playing a video game by not playing the game (i.e. sitting in place)
b : waiting to die

Cool story bro. Please tell us more of your amazing battleplans! Oh wait, this was not a plan this was just you coming on the forums bashing how other people play without giving any sort of advise what so ever.

#22 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

I have more kills in my Atlases than in any other mech :)

#23 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 March 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

:)
Oh Dear!
Yeah done here Not only are you overbearing and wrong, your quote is broke! :blink:

No, you're broken because you believe I attempted to use a feature which I apparently did not.

Imagine yourself without words.

Bear in mind that you could not speak.

Conjure up an image of an eleph-- an ele-what?

Who are "you," anyway? We have no words for th.. for what?

For w...

Words are the means by which we shape, organize, and relate our thoughts to one another. A chaos of impressions coalesces, as might divergent river tributaries, creating meaning. It is translated to words, bound by our perceptions. The words are chosen carefully or loosely: this results in the great disparity of communicative ability seen in the various characters you have encountered throughout life. This goes both ways: words unwind to single strands of meaning, linked to visceral impressions. If one has not experienced, thought, felt, dared, or imagined very much at all, then words can be difficult things. To move quickly in either direction is an art; poorly, to tread the well-worn path of self-abasement.

Everything you know is a product of language. This forum would not exist without language. Methods of extracting raw materials from the Earth would hardly exist. No means of refining them. For what reason? For what purpose? Surely nothing we have contained within the meager confines of language, to remember.

No devices of greater complexity; no research into the fundamental physics necessitating all of this. There would be no computers without words. There would be no video games, no devices, no machines -- nothing at all that you're implicitly making use of at the present moment.

The very fact that this medium exists for you to argue upon is irrefutable evidence that I am correct, yet you cannot grasp this, for you know only ways to yourself, and nothing beyond. You are stunted.

Now, establish full purview of how many more words I have than do you.

You are nothing by comparison.

In a good life, the student becomes the teacher; in a bad one, he reviles all that he is taught.

Apparently this thread serves the purpose of opening a forum upon which I can be harassed by those too ignorant to think beyond their own closed, cordoned off worlds. Congratulations: you are what is wrong with humanity.

Carry on.

#24 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

OP is on some pretty hard stuff we should probably keep a safe distance, just in case

#25 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Precarious point does have a leg to stand on.
However he is being a bit too aggressive for this topic to be constructive.

There are some valid points, that too many people "hide" in these assaults.
Now there are good assault pilots and their is no need to defend them.

Situation were, I'm in something fast and spend the next 4-5 min herding/spotting the enemy
Taking damage but playing my role.
Gives assaults time to move into position and then instead of playing the assault role,
They either try to use you as a meat shield or play a mediums role of going between front and back lines.
Essentially "hiding" and thus rising their chances to get some kills at the end but still loose the match.

I really wish they would remove these extra bonus's from Pilot skill tree, as this would give back roles in more balanced form.

#26 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

I've seen assault mechs do the exact behaviour the OP described.

Of course, I've seen Heavy mechs do it, Medium mechs do it, even the occasional Light.

My issue with Assault mechs is simply that there are too damn many of them in the game. With heavy weekend on, and the release of a new heavy, sure heavies are going to be big this weekend, otherwise, assault is too standard.

Why are the numbers issues. They have there own way to play the game, but being truly ponderous (AWS-PB and AWS-9M excluded), they push a lot of the ranging work down on a diminishing number of mediums and lights.

Makes me wish for the return of R&R. Something so a place in an assault is earned and paid for. Until then, assaults and their pilots have become nothing special. Old tabletop illusions get broken.

Things could be worse. I could be Dispossessed.

#27 Tenzek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

With LRMs now at reasonable levels of strength, "taking cover" is now officially termed hiding. It is considered a class A felony in 43 states in the US currently.

#28 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostTenzek, on 23 March 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

With LRMs now at reasonable levels of strength, "taking cover" is now officially termed hiding. It is considered a class A felony in 43 states in the US currently.

That's the great thing about a global game. Just the thought this might actually be true lets us point and laugh at those in the country in question. (And I hate to say it, but some US states seriously looked at changing the value of Pi to 3. Anything is possible - I agree with the Mark Twain view of Congress).

#29 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

This thread is new and exciting.

#30 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostPrecarious, on 23 March 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Apparently this thread serves the purpose of opening a forum upon which I can be harassed by those too ignorant to think beyond their own closed, cordoned off worlds. Congratulations: you are what is wrong with humanity.

Carry on.

You're wrong. At 47 years old, I have already played the game you are trying right now. Please really think about this statement you made. We are accepting that other will do things differently, You don't want that. The cordoned off world is of your own making.

Also If only I am what is wrong with humanity then humanity is doing a great job! :)

#31 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

If your Assaults are not advancing, you shouldn't be, either.
Pug tactics 101.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users