MW4 anyone

32 replies to this topic

#21 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

It's not worth the trouble to try and get it going. Trust me. Just stick with single player. All it is is an assault fest.

#22 PieTia

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostRUDE GUNS, on 01 June 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

DLed the mercs for free off mek Tek just to get a fix and noone is playing....ugh.....or only game up is locked....

Solution from MekTek forum. Works for me in 100%.
http://www.mektek.ne...ost__p__1389421

"You need to change a registry key to use the Kurita server, as the Davion server is hardly used. There's currently a bug in the MekMatch server selection, so you must use regedit to change it.

Copy-pasta'd (again) from my post on another thread on this subject:

- Start>Run... (in XP; the Search field in Win7)>"regedit" (sans quotes); hit enter.
- Hit F3 ("Find next") and search for "davion.mektek.net".
- When it finds the registry key ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mektek.net\MekMatch"), right-click the variable "ZoneServer" in the right pane and select "Modify...". Enter "kurita.mektek.net" and click "Ok".

That's it. the change happens as soon as you exit the Modify dialog. You may now exit regedit.

Note: Do *not* futz about elsewhere in your registry. You can break Windows."

#23 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Kentucky

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Just post in the forums if you have problems someone will help. I do wish they would patch the damn reg edit thingy, that throws off more people than anything. When the free game was released there were 4 severs on mektek (though people only really put servers up on 1 of them) they decided later to drop 3 of them and created the step of haveing to do the reg edit switch. its really easy but most folks get tired of all the steps. if you have not seen the last updates from mektek though, you dont know all the mechs and weps that are in the game now. the mechlab is huge and yes, you can play infantry and battle armor. with a good selection of weps for those as well.
Anyone else playing MW4 Mercs to pass the time? - MechWarrior Online
How to install MekTek MekPak 3.02b for Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries - YouTube
MechWarrior 4 - MekTek Forums

There are still, and growing a few hundred playing between gameranger and mektek servers
There are still places small units may play in leagues. The top 2 links for many play styles NBT for the battletech purists
eWarrior Leagues - News
MechWarrior Leagues
NBT-MekPak

if all else fails ask for our comm info and get on for help.

Edited by abetterpilot, 03 July 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#24 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostMcScwizzy, on 03 July 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

It's not worth the trouble to try and get it going. Trust me. Just stick with single player. All it is is an assault fest.

you are so wrong

#25 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

I connect most nights (as BigJim) to see who's on but usually the servers that ping <200 are only populated by bots. I'd love to get online with some folk waiting for MWO for some practice in my pink Cat, so chop-chop you lot! :huh:

#26 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

titty bump

#27 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

bumping threads for over 53 years, but really with new names popping up nightly its hard not to do the bump

#28 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

I cant even figure out how to get online with it, but the single player works fine. If anyone knows how to do online, I'd be happy to join in.

#29 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

Most times the problem is the wrong settings. If so, this usually fixes the problem.

Close Mercs if it is running.
In Windows go to Start menu and Run command.
Type regedit and click OK.
On the left pane of the window that appears look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
Click on the + next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the list.
Look for Software in the dropdown list.
Click on the + next to Software to expand the list.
Look for mektek.net in the dropdown list.
Click on the + next to mektek.net to expand the list.
Look for MekMatch in the dropdown list.
Click on the MekMatch folder and the right pane of the window will show its contents.
There is an entry called ZoneServer which is set to davion.mektek.net by default.
Double click the ZoneServer text and a popup window appears.
Change the value data to kurita.mektek.net and click OK.
Exit the registry window and restart Mercs, it'll now be set for the Kurita MekMatch server.

#30 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

guys, any issues are stickied all over http://mektek.net/forums go and take a look in the mekpak 3.1 and up section, yes that means scrolling down.

links the guides again

#31 Adm Awesome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

I've been playing Mercs, I downloaded it when someone on here suggested for me to try it to get used to some terms, lore and other little things. It's pretty cool, except for the fact that once you get to a certain amount of money the game is easy mode. I'm in my slow as hell behemoth and no one can touch me. You can't play multiplayer anymore can you? I thought like mektek or w/e their called dropped the service.

#32 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostAdm Awesome, on 09 July 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

I've been playing Mercs, I downloaded it when someone on here suggested for me to try it to get used to some terms, lore and other little things. It's pretty cool, except for the fact that once you get to a certain amount of money the game is easy mode. I'm in my slow as hell behemoth and no one can touch me. You can't play multiplayer anymore can you? I thought like mektek or w/e their called dropped the service.
nah man, they are still kicking pretty good, 100+ players or so, but you gotta open ports and other router junk 'n such. have a look, click that link.

#33 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi guys, play MW4Mercs ONLINE just about every night with several folks.

Couple of things
Set your server to Kurita (as mentioned above) thats is where most of the players games are

In your router open ports 2300 to 2400 for your rig's IP. For most folks that will get you online without issue.

If you are looking for folks to play with /against of have problems getting going or connecting join the members of the Sunder Junkies
Linky - sunderjunkies,com
we have NO SPAM, NO BOTHERSOME EMAILS, just folks that love MW and play just about every night.
Our servers are FFP, NO RESPAWN, Weight restricted (most times) with all the goodies like night, weather, fog, different radar settings etc.
Our forums are full of people to help you if you have problems and we even have a few MekTek Admins that are members and can help when others cant.
We also run TS2 and TS3 voice comms servers, sometimes they are R rated conversations or language (advisory to parents and children) but we all have fun.
Its a great way to keep up the targeting practice and these guys have some decent tactics too (some of us are involved in League Play).
Getting in on comms really adds to the enjoyment, I heavily suggest you download at least TS2. the server info is in our forums on how to connect to it and the password for it.

Join us and enjoy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users