Random Explosion [Bug?]

9 replies to this topic

#1 FrostyCones

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Just finished a game on River City nighttime in a HBK-4G. I was using 3 ML and an AC/20, and THOUGHT I was managing my heat well (no warnings no shutdowns with almost continuous streams of fire). I had an enemy raven and dragon in my sights, then all of a sudden BANG! My engine popped and I died. Thought maybe someone had hit me with a gauss or ppc or something, but looking at my HUD, I still had at least yellow armor in all areas with NO internal damage. So it was literally just a random POP. To top that off, we won the match, and I got no win cbills, so my earnings were sans 25k credits. Am I the only person who has had this happen, or is there a game mechanic I'm not aware of?

#2 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have had this happen only once to me, i was on River city just started, came up to the enemy and got tickled with part of 1 medium laser (confirmed by the enemy player) when i had my engine explode, according to the list at the end nothing else hit me and i had full armour.

#3 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostFrostyCones, on 26 March 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Just finished a game on River City nighttime in a HBK-4G. I was using 3 ML and an AC/20, and THOUGHT I was managing my heat well (no warnings no shutdowns with almost continuous streams of fire). I had an enemy raven and dragon in my sights, then all of a sudden BANG! My engine popped and I died. Thought maybe someone had hit me with a gauss or ppc or something, but looking at my HUD, I still had at least yellow armor in all areas with NO internal damage. So it was literally just a random POP. To top that off, we won the match, and I got no win cbills, so my earnings were sans 25k credits. Am I the only person who has had this happen, or is there a game mechanic I'm not aware of?

I have seen this happen twice, once while spectating and another I watched a targeted enemy die from it. I know the spectated one was a hunchie, can't remember what mech when the second incident happened. Very odd though, when I first saw it I thought it was lag on my part or delay in the damage readout.

#4 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

I've had a leg just randomly explode on my K2. Alpine, everyone was engaged elsewhere and I was at a cap point.

Suddenly, no leg.

I still dunno what the heck happened.

#5 FrostyCones

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

I wonder if PGI is doing it intentionally just to screw with everyone's heads...

#6 Malora Sidewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

most likely paper doll is not updating properly. very frustrating but also probable culprit.

#7 Naja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostMalora Sidewinder, on 26 March 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

most likely paper doll is not updating properly. very frustrating but also probable culprit.

I second this notion. I've noticed a few times that I've been hit, yet my paperdoll hasn't updated until the next engagement. So all of a sudden after something hit me *BAM* stripped to internals. Only been happening since last patch

#8 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Out of bounds pops the engine.

Its also hard to read out of bounds warning when you have heat warnings, incoming missiles etc. The boundaries are also poorly placed for that map as you almost always have to walk through them going down the left from lower base to upper city and the same the other way.

Edited by Exoth3rmic, 27 March 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#9 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Were you killed by another player or did you commit suicide?

If it was suicide this is a bug which has been around quite some time (happend to me in closed beta aswell). I created a thread about it during closed beta and quite a few players had also encountered this problem.

Walking in the middle of the map, noone shooting at you, 25% heat, BOOM SUICIDE.
To be honest, this bug didn't occur very often and i haven't seen it for months. I thought they fixed it.

#10 FrostyCones

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 27 March 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Were you killed by another player or did you commit suicide?

If it was suicide this is a bug which has been around quite some time (happend to me in closed beta aswell). I created a thread about it during closed beta and quite a few players had also encountered this problem.

Walking in the middle of the map, noone shooting at you, 25% heat, BOOM SUICIDE.
To be honest, this bug didn't occur very often and i haven't seen it for months. I thought they fixed it.

Yes, in the death screen it said "Killed by FrostyCones." So it was a suicide

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users