Every Single Assault Basecap I've Seen Today Has Been By Premades

101 replies to this topic

#1 Vividos

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

with all the people complaining about base capping lately i've been paying more attention to it than i had been in the past and i noticed something interesting today - a day that i've spent literally ALL day playing MWO (yay for losing my job!)

every single time more than 1 solo light goes for a base cap, it's done by a premade.

i've been defending assault mode when i interject my opinion into these assault vs tdm threads, because most of the time when i get the "base under attack" notification i turn around and defend the base myself (i typically play faster mechs. spent all day today eliting spiders, working on cents too, and my main mech is my cda-3m)
however, what im seeing now all of a sudden are premades that intentionally dont fight and just go for base caps. it happened maybe once or twice earlier today (no big deal. shrugged it off), but now i just hit 2 matches in a row where 2 different premades didnt fire a single shot and went straight to base.

i still prefer assault over a pure tdm mode but i'll admit that 2 matches in a row of that crap is enough to make me switch my mode select from "any" to "conquest"

i know nothing will come from this post but if someone who runs a premade that base rushes happens to open this up, do me a favor and explain to me why you prefer showcasing your complete lack of skill over using the fact that you're a premade to do things like play tactically.
do you honestly have fun booting up the game and then not playing it?
is this just a glorified mech driving sim to you and not a mech combat sim?

i myself (especially when skilling up my 5k and 5v..) have been known to run to the enemy base in an attempt to split their forces if i know my mech isnt exactly combat-capable. but using it as a distraction and then escaping to the main battle is one thing...sending an entire premade group of mechs to the base with cap modules is something else entirely.

Edited by Vividos, 28 March 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#2 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Its annoying no doubt.. My team , pug, did it today and I chatted em .. step off the base, let them come. Which they did to their credit. Ive seen others do this too.. At least it gives the chance for combat. More than likely the team that got caught will still loose, but at least theres a little mano y mano action.

The smaller maps you can really generally get back , almost no matter what, unless its a mass rush. Surprised they havent upped the time on at least alpine.. It takes too long to traverse and incites cap rage. As if people dont TRY to get back to defend.

Being a cap killer is probably the most satisfying thing in this game atm.

#3 Franchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Locationplaying something else.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I run in premades and we base cap to listen to the RAGE from the other team.

Nothing warms my heart more than being called a "bundle of sticks" by the team who refused to defend their base.

Winning, WHATEVER IT TAKES.

#4 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Alpining solo is a LOT less fun than alpining in a premade. It's also a lot easier to organize and execute.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostFranchi, on 28 March 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Winning, WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Cap wins before most of the enemy team is dead give pooptastic C-Bills and XP though. :\

#6 Franchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 March 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Cap wins before most of the enemy team is dead give pooptastic C-Bills and XP though. :\

Wait you mean there are people out there who STILL NEED cbills and XP?

Wining, WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Edited by Franchi, 28 March 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#7 Vividos

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 March 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

judging by the rest of his post, he apparently doesnt care about c-bills, xp, playing the game, or anything really. he plays the game for the sole purpose of being worthless and annoying.

i guess that pretty much answers the question though.
some people just dont have what it takes to beat a pug in battle.

#8 Franchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostVividos, on 28 March 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

judging by the rest of his post, he apparently doesnt care about c-bills, xp, playing the game, or anything really. he plays the game for the sole purpose of being worthless and annoying.

i guess that pretty much answers the question though.
some people just dont have what it takes to beat a pug in battle.

I am willing to wager I have a higher KDR, W/L ratio and EXP per match than you.

But feel free to trash talk someone on the forums without any idea of how they play the game.

#9 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Easy, fast wins and the collection of tears > XP and cbills

#10 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I don't play to cap. I play to win, and if I have to cap to stop a landslide slaughter or massive teammate incompetence, I'm going to do it. I stopped TRYING for caps when they adjusted pay to be primarily based on damage and kills, independent of win/loss.

That being said, there is a "base..." sure, it's some stupid drilling rig/weather machine (the thing has lightning effects, wtf else is that supposed to be?!) but it is there for better or worse. Stepping on the enemy pad will do one of two things: the enemy will come to you, thereby splitting their force or turning their backs on your frontline buddies....or they will politely ignore you until the timer runs out.

All it takes is one arse to stop a cap win. I've been that guy, zig-zagging on one side of the drill/weathermachine while the enemy tried to shoot me for as long as it took for my team to get back. I've also been cut down and they cap won anyway. Point is, if I CAN make it back to defend, I probably try.

You have every right to call the capping mechanic stupid, and out of place, and ignore it entirely. You also have the right to lose when that happens.

Look at it this way - if they ever find a Repair/Rearm system that isn't massively exploitable and worthless...and a living economy in CW, capping will become much more tempting. The pay is far lower, but the lower repair fees, wasted ammo, and potentially destroyed weapons you cannot immediately re-buy due to a hammered economy, may all balance out to show you that you need to defend that square.

#11 Vividos

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostFranchi, on 28 March 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

I am willing to wager I have a higher KDR, W/L ratio and EXP per match than you.

But feel free to trash talk someone on the forums without any idea of how they play the game.

says the guy who runs a premade that base rushes to the guy who pugs.
right...
and my 4.38 cicada k/d ratio (my main mech, not a 1 or 2 round stat) would like a word with you
and with spiders, which i just started playing today, im currently sitting at 2.13 w/l and 2.56 k/d with my 5D, all pugs.
somehow i doubt you have half the skill i do.

there should be an age restriction on the internet. i want the adults only internet.

View PostVermaxx, on 28 March 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I don't play to cap. I play to win, and if I have to cap to stop a landslide slaughter or massive teammate incompetence, I'm going to do it.

thats not what im talking about. im talking about premades that go STRAIGHT for the enemy base at the start of the match and never fire a shot or TRY to engage the enemy

reading the rest of your post i dont think you even read more than the topic of mine...because i defend assault mode, AND i kill cappers...

Edited by Vividos, 28 March 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#12 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

I've found when I go to an enemy base, the enemy would rather lose than fight me. I think the problem is cbill farmers trying to lose fast rather than win slowly.

One time my group went looking to flank, but the other team charged forward, avoiding the rest of our team. We told them not to even think about capping our base since we were prepared to cap theirs in under 30sec (we all run capture modules for this situation). We even warned them, but instead of coming to fight, they taunted us. So we capped them.

There's your problem, Its not that people want to win by any means necessary the problem is players aren't competitive enough and just want to lose to get the match over faster.

Course the best way to avoid getting capped is leaving those slow movers at the base. An Atlas and Stalker with short range weapons sitting in the base is enough to deter any cappers.

#13 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostVividos, on 28 March 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

says the guy who runs a premade that base rushes to the guy who pugs.
right...
and my 4.38 cicada k/d ratio (my main mech, not a 1 or 2 round stat) would like a word with you
and with spiders, which i just started playing today, im currently sitting at 2.13 w/l and 2.56 k/d with my 5D, all pugs.
somehow i doubt you have half the skill i do.

there should be an age restriction on the internet. i want the adults only internet.

thats not what im talking about. im talking about premades that go STRAIGHT for the enemy base at the start of the match and never fire a shot or TRY to engage the enemy

reading the rest of your post i dont think you even read more than the topic of mine...because i defend assault mode, AND i kill cappers...

No one pities people who complain that others cap them...premade or not. It's part of the game. Until new modes are developed or the current modes get tweaked, getting capped is part of the match. If you get capped, too bad. If you get capped by premades, too bad. Defend your base.

I prefer to fight as well. I don't cry when I don't get a fight however. Take a break from the game if it's that bad for you.

#14 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

How do you know that they were premades?

#15 Qraz

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

If you really feel like winner doing so, keep doing it. I never feel like winning, when my team decides to lolcap something. Just waste of everyone's time.

Edited by Qraz, 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#16 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I definitely agree that it sucks to get matched against a 4 man premade that runs 4 lights and likes to cap.

One of the huge weaknesses of not having a PUG only queue, at least while the community finds its feet and comes to term with the game (granted, this is a process that literally takes years, so if PGI likes getting new players into the mix, they should probably at least consider a solo queue).

#17 Vividos

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

How do you know that they were premades?

i asked.
simple, really.
seeing them all representing the same clan was a dead giveaway at first.
the question that followed confirmed it

Edited by Vividos, 28 March 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#18 Vividos

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostLukoi, on 28 March 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

No one pities people who complain that others cap them...premade or not. It's part of the game. Until new modes are developed or the current modes get tweaked, getting capped is part of the match. If you get capped, too bad. If you get capped by premades, too bad. Defend your base.

I prefer to fight as well. I don't cry when I don't get a fight however. Take a break from the game if it's that bad for you.

1) wasnt asking for pity. was pointing out an observation. if you cant understand that for what it is, that's your cross to bear.
2) i have repeatedly defended assault mode and rallied against TDM. i have already stated that i take it upon myself to defend the base EVERY time it comes under attack, unless im in my stalker. but there IS NO DEFENSE against a premade with cap modules that goes straight to the base. literally none. if you have half the intelligence you think you have, then you already know this and your post is meaningless. just like mine.
3) i did take a break from assault. i said that in the OP. is reading really that difficult for you?

Edited by Vividos, 28 March 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#19 Franchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostVividos, on 28 March 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Says the guy who runs a premade that base rushes to the guy who pugs.
Right...
My 4.38 cicada k/d ratio (my main mech, not a 1 or 2 round stat) would like a word with you; with spiders, which I just started playing today, I'm currently sitting at 2.13 w/l and 2.56 k/d with my 5D all in pugs.

Somehow I doubt you have half the skill I do.

There should be an age restriction on the internet. I want the adults only internet.

If we are going by individual mech stats you lose one of mine is 5.70 KDR, another mech has a 6.00 W/L individual mech stats mean nothing.

Want to compare overalls so we can find out who's is really bigger? That's an attempt to humorously point out how stupid this is if you didn't get it.

You want the adult only internet? So do I, but only people who graduated college and own and operate a business get to participate, isn't it fun to make up our imaginary internet rules?

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about premades that go STRAIGHT for the enemy base at the start of the match and never fire a shot or TRY to engage the enemy

Reading the rest of your post I don't think you even read more than the topic of mine...because I defend assault mode, AND I kill cappers...

Then you shouldn't have a problem with me capping your base, you can come back and defend it, granted I will probably kill you, that is the PLAN from the start after all, but hey you get to die on your cap rather than fighting over some worthless ridge in the middle of no where that no one cares about.

#20 Vividos

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostFranchi, on 28 March 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

If we are going by individual mech stats you lose one of mine is 5.70 KDR, another mech has a 6.00 W/L individual mech stats mean nothing.

and im SURE those are with SPIDERS amirite? get over yourself. you already admit with your first post in this thread that you have no skill. and now you're trying to come back and tell us how awesome you are? give me a break. running with a premade that base caps and kills the 1 person who comes to defend, your right, means nothing. it will inflate a k/d ratio. my stats were given with nothing but PUGGING.

holy crap did i get off topic.

anyways.
try running a spider in a pug. oh that's right, you won't because you have no balls.
my bad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users