Dakka Dakka Dakka Macro In Action

83 replies to this topic

#41 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 28 March 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

That has to be the most amusing 'Mech I've ever seen. XD I don't envy anyone who has to fight one!

JM6-DD is a favorite meal for my Streakcat. Followed by tasty Trebbie brûlée.

It is a decent fire suppression mech but once a Cat jumps on it...

Edited by El Bandito, 14 April 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#42 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

wow...thanx for the Autohotkey tip! That really worked!

#43 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

...now I am not a computer guy at all...but can that script be changed to use the left mouse button?
If so, how?
Thanx.
:)

#44 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Using macros in this way is an exploit. You are avoiding game mechanics like gun jamming to give yourself an unfair advantage.

Use your skills like the rest of us, and when you win, do so with pride.

#45 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostAppogee, on 23 April 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Using macros in this way is an exploit. You are avoiding game mechanics like gun jamming to give yourself an unfair advantage.

Use your skills like the rest of us, and when you win, do so with pride.

People don't care about pride. And "as long as I can do it, I'll do it", like *that* group.

#46 Mainman

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

i just gotta laugh mack1 u make fun off streakcats and other builds and u come up with this one urself..

#47 Namouche

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Terms of use
"
Q: My mouse/keyboard came with macro software that lets me emulate a series of clicks or helps me with some process. Is this allowed?

A: Yes, using macros as provided by 3rd party hardware vendors is allowed. Though the use of any modifications to assist with aiming, aimbots, wall hacks, or any attempt to give information or tactical assistance that other players would not have by default, is a serious violation of our Terms of Use and any account found to be using such software will likely be suspended or banned.
"
means macro autokey is not allowed.

#48 von Pilsner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostAppogee, on 23 April 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

AC2's don't jam so he's not avoiding any mechanics.
I tried using the number keys to start the super chaining process by pressing 3-6 quickly then holding down the 'fire selected' button (which has all AC2s in the same group). The rapid fire works this way (manually) as well as by using a macro. It's a little tricky to get the timing correct but after a few tries it was quite easy...

Soooooo, I would say that people can fire faster then chainfire manually if desired.

Here is a pic that shows manual rapid-fire in action (no Fraps, sorry) you can see that I did not quite wait enough for group 6 but you still get the crazy rapid-fire effect of the AC2's.

Posted Image

View PostNamouche, on 24 April 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Terms of use
"
Q: My mouse/keyboard came with macro software that lets me emulate a series of clicks or helps me with some process. Is this allowed?

A: Yes, using macros as provided by 3rd party hardware vendors is allowed. Though the use of any modifications to assist with aiming, aimbots, wall hacks, or any attempt to give information or tactical assistance that other players would not have by default, is a serious violation of our Terms of Use and any account found to be using such software will likely be suspended or banned.
"

If you could not manually start the rapid-fire process I would be inclined to agree with you. Since the same effect can be had with no macro (and it's quite easy to do - try it in the testing grounds) I would have to say that this is OK within the posted TOS.

#49 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

OMFG, I nearly died laughing while watching this, great job Mack! I'm gonna have a ton of fun with this one!

#50 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, this isn't an exploit. If chainfire would work how it's supposed to people wouldn't need a macro for this.

Now, the UAC5 macro, that is debatable (although I get pissed when I single tap and just by the fraction of a second, my mouse registers it as a double tab/hold and I get a jam).

As for the TAG macro, TAG should have been a toggle from the very start. AMS should be one too. Don't know what's so hard about doing it, since ECM can be toggled between modes.

#51 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Have we, perchance, seen the next cheese build?

#52 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostTerran123rd, on 25 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Have we, perchance, seen the next cheese build?

Not that I believe in cheese mechs, but for those of you whiners who do, the 4/5/6 AC2 Jager is not cheese. It's average damage output is not great enough to qualify it. What this mech specializes in is terrorizing pugs. Seasoned players know it is fire for effect.

#53 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

I actually made a macro that allows for max RoF while also being Cascade fire.
It gets by all the "macro doesn't shoot at max RoF" after the first cycle of the group. I see the first part of the macro as being the "spinup" of a gattling. It's not the max speed but it's basically there to set up a stagger. It also allows me to groupfire without issue.

I'm basically posting this because Mack's video had the macro for AC2s but really didn't fire as fast as possible. Funny either way though! I honestly thought that he had it timed so that the shots went with the music.

Edited by CompproB237, 27 April 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#54 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostNamouche, on 24 April 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Terms of use
"

"

Actually, although I do not use macros, I have to point out that the official ruling you posted means exactly the opposite of what you say it means.
A firing-rate macro does not:
  • assist with aiming
  • aim for you (aimbot)
  • allow you to magically see through obstructions (wall hack)
  • give tactical assistance or relay information to other players which those players would not already have.
In fact, none of these exceptions (except possibly the last) even can be done by macros - they are listed for clarity, so that no one can attempt to misrepresent this quote to justify script-kiddie cheats.

Thus, macros for managing chain-firing are allowed, and do not constitute cheating or a violation of the Terms of Service.

Edited by Void Angel, 01 May 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#55 Inkarnus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostMack1, on 28 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Just thought I would post this video of my Jagermech DD (which stands for Dakka Dakka) it has 6 x AC2 and I use a Mouse macro to time the firing chain to cycle each weapon every 0.090 seconds. The end result is hilarious:

I am suprised Macros are allowed as imo you do get an advantage over other people using the same build as you could not do this with your fingers. Maybe something worth looking at sometime :D

View PostNiko Snow, on 23 December 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Software that gives players an unfair and undue advantage, or otherwise exploits the game, are strictly prohibited.

Edited by Inkarnus, 02 May 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#56 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

MWO needs an option that let's you set the delay time in MS for your current group when its in chain fire mode.

Problem solved.

Somethink like
Select group
Press backspace
Hit + or - with the group still selected (first press switches it to, say 100ms as opposed to the weapons firing animation length, and each additional press is + or - 5 ms.)
Pressing backspace again will turn off chain
Pressing it again will put it into default chain mode

And it needs to remember, so we can set it in testing grounds.

Edited by Fire and Salt, 02 May 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#57 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

would love to get this working on my corsair m60. I'm not familiar with making macros or programming, so it's been giving me fits. The m60/m90 software is notorious for being a pain to work with at times. I've looked up tutorials and followed them, but still no go once I try playing. I'll have to sort through it again once I have the time. Until then, I can just be envious.

#58 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostMackman, on 28 March 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

It'd be really silly if they banned macro's like this, since you're only simulating what an actual MechWarrior would do in this situation: Time your weapons automatically to get the best effect out of them. IMO, they should just provide official support for Macro's of this kind, like Blizzard did in WoW.

Uh huh sure. They should let us all sit back write scripts that do everything automatically for us and watch while our SCRIPTS play the game for us.

That is sure to be fun.....NOT

Edited by Lugh, 02 May 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#59 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Your reasoning is invalid. This macro's only effect is to allow players to chain-fire their weapons at the rate they should be able to fire them. This is not "playing the game for them."

This argument was usually wrong in WoW, as well. Blizzard actually discouraged mods that made decisions for you, even altering the game to make such mods impossible (like the original Healbot.) The major mods that were left, from Clique to Altaholic, simply allowed you to implement your gameplay decisions faster. Besides that, WoW was also designed to take advantage of player innovation through mods, within certain allowed perameters, while MWO does not - you're misconstruing the idea you quoted. PGI does specifically allow macros like the ones shown here, which is what the quote wants them to support, while mods that actually do play the game for you (aimbots, targeting ****, didn't I just quote this list?) are strictly prohibited.

In similar news, (cough, Inkarnus, cough) comparing a random player's opinions to Niko Snow's general statement that...

View PostInkarnus, on 02 May 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Software that gives players an unfair and undue advantage, or otherwise exploits the game, are strictly prohibited.

while deliberately ignoring a direct quote of an official answer to the specific question of macros:

"

...is, at best, simply bad thought.

Edited by Void Angel, 02 May 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#60 Inkarnus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

unjamming your uac 5 was fair with macros was it?
thats why it is still ingame
wich is clearly
"d) Exploits bugs or existing game mechanics"
and it was Niko i quotet from and till they revoke it as a post or edit it, it stays still valid

View PostNiko Snow, on 23 December 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

"Software that gives players an unfair and undue advantage, or otherwise exploits the game, are strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: Bots generated for running any of the above mentioned forms of griefing/exploits, scripts designed to negatively affect network connectivity, mods affecting the game UI, hacks providing information otherwise unavailable to the player, etc...
Exceptions to this are made on a case by case basis and currently including chat macros and third-party VoIP."

http://mwomercs.com/...ploitsgriefing/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

getting to your quote:

View PostVoid Angel, on 02 May 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Well what they sayin is simple allow VANNILA MACROS ALREADY PROGRAMMED INTO
THAT DEVICE NOT YOU CHANGING IT TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE

since macros normally give players that didnt have them an disadvantage *****
like that macro were i dont need to push down shift all the time
or that script that unjams my uac5 for dakkadakka
or that AC2 Yager not overheating cuz macro shoots for him

View PostVoid Angel, on 02 May 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Your reasoning is invalid. This macro's only effect is to allow players to chain-fire their weapons at the rate they should be able to fire them. This is not "playing the game for them."

since you are god and you say so we need to shoot faster so it doesnt take skill to make that input yourself
mind using an aimbot then or esp too? since its literally the same category of thinking
it puts the player as god who decides what he does and not the DEV who made CHAINFIRE

Edited by Inkarnus, 02 May 2013 - 02:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users