#42 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

How zellbrigen is interpreted depends not only on the individual, but their parent Clan as a whole. At one end of the spectrum, the rules are strictly followed, the only exception being when fighting bandits, pirates or the most hated of enemies. At the opposite end, zellbrigen is figuratively "thrown out the airlock" and used only against other Clan warriors, and even then only when there is an advantage over them. In between are varying levels of adherence; for example, zellbrigen is followed unless circumstances dictated otherwise, such as being outnumbered or thinking one could get away with breaking it.

Prior to the Clan Invasion, Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Coyote, Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Goliath Scorpion, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Star Adder and Clan Steel Viper adhered strictly to the tenets of zellbrigen. Meanwhile Clan Cloud Cobra, Clan Hell's Horses, Clan Ice Hellion, Clan Nova Cat and Clan Snow Raven were more opportunistic in their interpretation. Only Clan Diamond Shark and Clan Wolf used a liberal interpretation of zellbrigen in their conflicts with the other Clans.

After their defeat at the Battle of Tukayyid, many of the Clans began to rethink their use of these honor rules, and a number of political, military and cultural changes took place. The Blood Spirits, Jade Falcons and Star Adders became more opportunistic, while the Ghost Bears became more liberal, in the use of zellbrigen. The schism within Clan Wolf resulted in its new Crusader-minded leadership to become slightly more conservative, while Clan Wolf-in-Exile maintain a flexible definition of zellbrigen.

Clan Fire Mandrill, by their fractious nature, defy any sort of labeling, with each Kindraa having their own individual understandings of zellbrigen.

Edited by Skylarr, 01 April 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#43 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Posted Image

#44 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

I hate April fools gags. I for one refuse to believe such nonsense!

Probably drove his mech off a Tourmaline spire and is trying to cover it up...

#45 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

I love the "cloned space fascists" part. Makes me chuckle every time. Perfect description for the clans :-)

Man...these forums are going to go bat poop crazy as soon as the first clan mech is announced........

#46 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 01 April 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

Dances with Wolves????

#47 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

#48 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Space facists riding timber wolves? I think he's just a crazy hard-core gamer confusing his real life with that MMO game that's pretty popular on Solaris.

Of course, that experimental direct neural interface technology that they're trying on those MMO players might be a factor in his insanity.

#49 thelasttrueborn

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDemarest, NJ

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Ah the end is indeed nigh

#50 ICUBurn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ah april fools on the mwo forums. Oh and hi gnome.

#51 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

#52 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 01 April 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Mon. April 1st, 3050: Raving MechWarrior found in downtown Solaris VII hospital claims "Cloned space fascists" destroyed his lance, company. States they rode 'giant forest lupines' into combat.

Met that guy two nights ago. He was drunk and got beaten to a pulp after he tried to force his way past the bouncer of a certain club.

#53 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostFullMetalJackass, on 01 April 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Make sure you bring plenty of sliver bullets

You mean Gold Ammo? :D

#54 PaladinXIII

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Mon. April 1st, 3050: Raving MechWarrior found in downtown Solaris VII hospital claims "Cloned space fascists" destroyed his lance, company. States they rode 'giant forest lupines' into combat.

View PostJarvis Lancaster, on 01 April 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

This guy sounds crazy. Think an entire lance was taken out by these "timber-wolves"? Good grief. And where did they come from? Remnants of the old Star League Defense Force perhaps? LOL, yeah. I'll bet they've been hiding out in the periphery for two hundred years building some kind of super-advanced technology. ROFL People will believe the craziest stories.

Indeed, stories of Aleksandr Kerensky and his SLDF ghosts are stories that parents told their children to make them behave. What the pilot probably saw, as someone pointed out, was a field-repair/moded mech ran by a bunch of pirates. If these pirates ever decided to try to attack the Free Rasalhague Republic, they'll be in for surprise. I doubt anything can take away the hold of our mighty republic.

#55 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

The biggest joke here, is that this is not THE april fools joke. Look closely at the sliding banner, and you'll learn something about a fifth class of mechs being added to the game.

#56 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

wonder how this guy made it to solaris 7 ...

#57 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Damnit! That's the second time he's escaped from his padded room in a week. Well at least he's only raving about the "giant forest lupines" now, instead of the huge, extinct Pleistocene canids and massive, frozen mustelids.

#58 Maestro Baits

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image

I found his gun camera footage.... This is why I tell anyone who goes out to the periphery to not drink the water!

#59 Fastfire

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

View Postqki, on 01 April 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

The biggest joke here, is that this is not THE april fools joke. Look closely at the sliding banner, and you'll learn something about a fifth class of mechs being added to the game.

haha, totaly missed that! thx for the hint, omg, i want one of those!

#60 Xelchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationJust Outside Sensor Range

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 01 April 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

Yeah. I would say someone's had half a dozen PPCs too many at the local Solaris bars after the last big arena fight. Probably in the hospital for alcohol poisoning.

I see what you did there m8. Probably the Kuritan PPC at that.

Edited by Xelchon, 01 April 2013 - 12:31 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users