• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 01 April 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Mon. April 1st, 3050: Raving MechWarrior found in downtown Solaris VII hospital claims "Cloned space fascists" destroyed his lance, company. States they rode 'giant forest lupines' into combat.

This is a future Nova Cats Pilot.

#82 Fastfire

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

View Postciller, on 02 April 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

This is legit ISN news, not some mere tomfoolery for the 1st of April. Though I agree with an earlier post "insane cat" instead of "forest lupine" would have been more accurate for inner sphere terminology.

Also, way more reports should have been made by now, many good planets have fallen in FRR and Draconis Combine space as of this time, NOT in the periphery but in inner sphere territories.

Not really, the targeting systems will be complettly thrown off at this point and not giving you "madcat" as a result, it will, most likely give the pilot a "unknown target" or some other error, so the pilot has to take what he has heard, and, as stated multiple times allready, an attack as described would start like:

Com contact to the IS lance:

A unknown mech warrior states his name, bloodline, mechs and targets
he then proceeds to ask the IS lance which mechs they bring up, where they wish to fight, who they are (names, bloodline and so one)
after, he continues to ask the defender what they want to have in case they should win
then a Group of Mechs of unknown origin shows up, of which at least one, has been identified by *com* allone, as "timber wolf class"

while the Targeting system still will only hand out a nice error message at this point of time.

Now, to add even more to the "insane space fascist" part, the attackers start, one by one, to declare who they are, and which enemy they wish to fight, leaving the defenders finnaly totaly puzzled about WTF is going on here.

Now let one of the IS pilots, shoot the "wrong" target, and all hell will break loose, not only combat, but com wise too,
imagine the insults flying from the Clan side, after the enemys (which are even freeborn) break the zellbrigen rules!

I mean, this is not one fight out of many in a long dragged out war, this is the first contact *ever*
Clans thinking in clan terminology, acting by clan rules and rites and expecting their enemy to do the same,
while IS pilots are completly confused by such an "********" ammount of common courtesy, rules, and general
"Fairness" it totaly makes NO sense for both sides whats going on.

Its like:

"Hey defenders of this Planet! I am "thatguy" and we are here to totaly KILL all of you! Then we will proceed to take your world! I hope you dont mind? Might i ask you what you have to defend your world? So i can stove away any excess forces!
After all we want to slaughter and maim you in a FAIR enviroiment!
Oh and btw mate! if you happen to win, do you have anything in mind you want to have from us? You know, stuff like, our mechs, or our dropship, or whatever! just let us know please!"

Proceeding into:

"Ah cool! Now we finaly meet! Ok, lets get started! As the commander, i want to challenge your Commander to Combat!"
*mech steps aside*
"hey guys! i am "thatguyscomrade" and i am piloting a "whatever", it seems like, the most equal mech you have is that Hunchback! Well, lets fight 1 on 1 okay?"

and so one....

#83 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Nothing to see move along this rumor is entirely made up and the guy who didn't tell it is dead now any way.

Now if you'll pardon me for entirely unrelated reasons my Mercenary corps is going to disembark towards the Periphery today.

nothing to worry about, nothing at all.

#84 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

No one listened until it was too late....

#85 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Except Wolf's Dragoons have been studying IS tactics by fighting for every House for like 40 years and reporting back to the Clans what to expect when the begin the invasion.

#86 WidowMaker91

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDelran, New Jersey

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postciller, on 01 April 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

TIMBERWOLVES!!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

ISN News flash is back with a vengeance!!

this is the best post i have seen on these forums ever. cant wait

#87 Gabbatek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

yay, soon i will have my awesome clan mechs and clan weapons

#88 zmeul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBuzau, Romania

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

#89 Theodor Kling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostJarvis Lancaster, on 01 April 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

This guy sounds crazy. Think an entire lance was taken out by these "timber-wolves"? Good grief. And where did they come from? Remnants of the old Star League Defense Force perhaps? LOL, yeah. I'll bet they've been hiding out in the periphery for two hundred years building some kind of super-advanced technology. ROFL People will believe the craziest stories.

Well "super advanced ".. not realy. More like: slightly advanced, and definetley not as decayed as IS tech :)

View Postlashropa, on 02 April 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

No one listened until it was too late....

Isn´t that the norm?

#90 Akdar

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

View Postzmeul, on 02 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

Here's the thing... If they can keep me interested I'm looking forward to snatching my Daishi up. Problem is their ability to suck any excitement by dragging their feet and not being open with information. Going to give them until Friday afternoon to fix their issues and see if my friends and I are going to cut our losses.

#91 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostDevilCrayon, on 02 April 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Except Wolf's Dragoons have been studying IS tactics by fighting for every House for like 40 years and reporting back to the Clans what to expect when the begin the invasion.

The Wolf's Dragoons appeared in the IS in 3005. They stopped sending reports back to the Clan in the 20s.

Edited by Skylarr, 04 April 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#92 sub sight

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Well guys it's been nice fighting with you, may the clanners have mercy on us all... or we could just join them and get ALL of the better tech and weapons. ;)

#93 Zatnik

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostStone Profit, on 01 April 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Clearly a lunatic. Cloned warriors? In the Periphery of all places? No one has the tech to do something like that. Maybe if they were working with Star League equipment, but all of that stuff has been gone for a couple hundred years. Crazy people talking about giant Timber Wolves and clones sheesh someones had too much Spice.

Hey, there's still the odd prospector finds a scrap of lostech. I wouldn't say it's profitable on average, but neither is the lottery, and someone may have got lucky. Maybe some crazy on the periphery dug up an SLDF bunker and decided not to sell it so he could buy his own minor star system, but I doubt it.

As for those saying 'aliens! the super advanced evil aliens are invading!' -- Seriously? Don't you think ComStar would have let us know about that? It's just some nutjob had too much PPC.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users