Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#21 Venraa

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

I am getting a lot of lag and rubber banding too. I had this (but not as bad) all over the weekend using 2 different internet connections. I did not have any problems playing this afternoon (4-6pm UK time). Have played 3 games so far with the patch on. The 2 in my COM-2D were the worst for rubber banding and ending up in very strange locations. So, for me th problem looks to be more of a load issue and not necessarily the result of this patch.

#22 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

My FPS seems to have been cut in half. Was getting around 30, now I'm at less then 15. This is even with everything slaughtered.

Here's my DxDiag:
Spoiler

Here's my user.cfg

Spoiler

Using ATI Tray Tools to modify my graphics drivers I got a slight FPS boost but nothing too notable. And yes, my drivers are up to date.

To everyone posting about low FPS: Instead of just saying that you lost FPS, why not give them your DxDiag? It would be much more help to the devs to find the problems.

how to:
  • type 'dxdiag' into the run dialogue (to bring it up, hit the windows key + R
  • If you see the button to 'run 64-bit dxdiag', hit it
  • after it's done, hit the 'save all information' button (I save it to desktop for easy reference)
  • open the file with notepad, hit ctrl-a to highlight all info and ctrl-c to copy
  • paste data within spoiler tags*
  • post!

* = do it like this:
[spoiler]
*data goes here*
[/spoiler]

#23 Mockmaw

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

The game is unplayable now. My FPS dropped from around 35-40 fps to 15-20. Drivers are current (updated prior to loading today's patch).

#24 Cygnus_XI

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

FPS seems fine here but i got a fairly meaty machine. Loading times went through the roof though. And there seem to be random lag spikes now and then. Also one match simply wouldn't end after our base had been taken and the mech i used was stuck 'in game' for several minutes after i manually quit.

Oh and for some reason ingame chat doesn't work for me anymore.

Edited by Cygolino, 02 April 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#25 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostBoompow, on 02 April 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

loading screens are taking ages and after a match i am getting stuck when the match ends and all mechs stop and I dont make it to the summary.

Same here. I've played three games so far. First one crashed the client. The next two sat at black screen for ages after I'd pressed "Launch". By the time All Systems were Nominal, most of the rest of my team were half way across the map.

Full details and dxdiag emailed to Support.

#26 Chief 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

When I load the map it lags as I look around but then the game is fine. It wasn't like that before the patch. I played today many times before the patch went live and it surely wasn't like that.
Dxdiag included
Spoiler

Edited by Chief 117, 02 April 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#27 Dirty Panda

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, my machine is very low-end and before this patch it was somehow playable but now it's totally unplayable -> now about 10fps. Drivers are up to date.

#28 Banjar

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, US

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Dual core Intel with Nvidia 9500 GT. Slightly below published specs for MWO.

Been playing at 25 - 32 fps since December (I think). It is now in the teens and often high single-digit.
Updated drivers to Nvidia 314.22 today.

Horrible. Unplayable.

#29 MagicM0E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm getting the rubberbanding and delayed weapon firing of upto 3 seconds (using ER PPC's at the time).

Run the game on max settings and have done snice the start, normally without problems.

I7-3770K @ 3.5GHz
RAM 16Gb
GTX670 (with 314.22 drivers)
Windows 7 64bit.
60Meg cable connection based in UK

FPS seems about the same (vsinc locked to match monitor at 60fps) but pings seem to have jumped from 100-120 up to 150-170.

Game still playerble, but somewhat difficult with weapon delay!

Also forgot to mention the game not finishing when it should. Twice now all the team has been killed and my team have been left circling the last fallen mech, without moving on to the 'end game' results screen.

Edited by MagicM0E, 02 April 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#30 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

fps drop was to much, no longer able to play :P

#31 AHZeruel

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Very poor FPS in menus and in.game

both are around 9-10, dropping to 5 or so in fire fights. Ati user, Clean install, drivers updated, minimum settings, low end computer.

Id love some help since i cant play the game with this performance

DxDiag below

Spoiler

Edited by AHZeruel, 02 April 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#32 Rotslag

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

While i have not noticed any drops...i have been running into an unusual problem....iv played about 4 matches sence the patch and everytime i have had this happen to me. Somtimes when i fire my 9 med lazers my screen breaks and it turns into a swerling vortex of spinning and flashing colors, it makes playing impossible. The only way i can get it to fix itself is to alt tab out and in. Has anyone els had this problem?

AMD FX-4100
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

#33 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Yes its been reported on other threads

#34 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Getting tons of rubberbanding and weird delays- killed a mech and saw it keel over with no kill message. About 4-5 seconds later, kill message. Getting a lot of this, where the game plays normally and then just sort of stops for a moment, and rewinds the server or has incredibly delayed input.

Normal ping is about 50, getting ~125-150 now, it is fine in every game except mwo.

#35 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

all maps have experienced a 10-15 FPS drop. on Alpine and Desert, the newest maps, i was getting 40-50, now 25-35, so playable, but the older maps, and Caustic especially, have droped into the 15-25 range.

all across teh board, the vision modes have been dropping my FPS by 8 for 2 or 3 patches now.

#36 Seigaku

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

I was gong to do a complete post with all the issues, but i got stuck at the black screen.

The question is, Piranha games, don't you have testers? you are trying to keep money spends that low?

#37 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

15 FPS drop : went from 25 FPS to below 10 FPS, unplayable.... i cant even enjoy my new Highlander.. grr....

#38 Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Rubberbanding here too. Just had a map with no HUD, no chat, no map, no targeting indicators, nothing. Teammates nowhere around, so since it was on Alpine I picked a direction and started going.

#39 The Prime Minister

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUsually deactivated

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

My ping stays constant at ~150 (eastern Europe... ).
I've experienced some performance drop so i had to lower some settings (shading, shadows, etc).

The biggest problem is with the obscenely high amounts of rubber-banding, especially in CQB but not only. Whenever a light mech starts circling my mech I see a huge amount of rubber-banding and can't reliably hit with .... well... with anything.

#40 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Admittedly my system sucks.
Launcher menu feels in the same range - 15-20 fps now, I do not remember exactly what it was before. In the 15-25 range though, I believe.
Game has dropped from 19-25 fps (yesterday) to 9-12 fps (today, unplayable, really).

I have not changed any settings. (At least I didn't initially).
Running full screen, lowest resolution (1024 x 768?)
I will say the image looks "crisper" for some reason compared to yesterday, not sure. The text is more readable.

Also, raising my settings to "medium" and then dropping them back to low seemed to have helped for about 10 seconds before it got worse again.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30 GHz
10 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7450

Had old drivers on video card. Updated drivers to newest. No effect on FPS. [Driver version 8.960.11.1000]

Internet connection is usually about an 80-100 ping, not been a problem before. It's the fastest offered by the cable company in town.

Edit: My ping was 47 in a match with a Dragon where the gauss rifle would not fire (River City Night, trying to use nightvision. Similar 8-10 ping, but the weapon literally would not fire when I pulled the trigger. and once I think it fired but did not animate. I was watching cds and it was not on cooldown when it wouldn't fire).

Also tried changing my native display resolution down to the lowest (1024 by 768 I think?) (which is what I ran the game in), it didn't help. .

Edited by DanNashe, 02 April 2013 - 02:56 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users