363 replies to this topic

#361 Karyu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 148 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Been playing since closed beta, never got more than 1 CTD or crash to MechLab a month until last patch. I've been getting about one crash per 3-5 games. Tonight I have literally crashed every other game.

I have not changed any video settings since the patch, but I did update my catalyst drivers to version 3.1

DxDiag:
Spoiler

Edited by Karyu, 14 April 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#362 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

I replaced my ancient GPU with a GTX 650. And this has resolved nearly all my issues. I can play 1260*720 medium settings at a between 25 (worst case, full brawl, lots of smoke) and 40 fps (average fps in game)

Tried two games on high. One run as smooth as medium, the second CTD with memory allocation error so I reverted back to medium.

Now I did notice some very occasional landscape textures flickering.

#363 B00ka

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

I have been playing since open beta started on my Laptop, using lw settings, but playable at between 25-40 fps. I'm in Aus so the ping is a but horrible 200-300.

Since the new patch I have noted that game loading time is enormous, with my team already on the move by the time I can se the map. I occansionally get no minimap or main map and HUD info is locked. But the worst problem is my fps has dropped to 10 at best.

This makes the game unplayable.

How about making the game playable for the 80 percent of people who have mediocre machines rather than the 10 percent who have gaming beasts.

my dxdiag is attached
Spoiler

#364 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostCubivorre, on 11 April 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'm constantly rubberbanding in matches now, it's not practically unplayable - it is unplayable.

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950
8gb gskill RAM
Intel i5 3570K 3.4GHz
ASRock H77M motherboard
120GB OCZ Agility SSD (That's the drive I have it installed on, no need to list my other ones)
Corsair CX600 PSU

Sounds like a similar issue I used to have and found out it was due to packet loss.
You might want to verify your connectivity to the MWO servers and see where do the packet drop, if that is the case.

For me the packets was dropping even when I was pinging my local ISP.
The cause was a loose fibre connection on my local fibre temination point, resecuring it, solved the problem.

Edited by ShinVector, 15 April 2013 - 05:25 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users