363 replies to this topic

#341 Sir Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Its probably been noted before but I keep on d/cing in game (after the game as started in a drop - usually about 30s in. I then get a black screen and return to MechLab. I'm running a very high end Dell XPS PC with I7 core and Nvidia 660 ti card. Graphics are max and were set by NVidia's optimization software. The only current solution is to restart my computer from scratch.

#342 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm constantly rubberbanding in matches now, it's not practically unplayable - it is unplayable.

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950
8gb gskill RAM
Intel i5 3570K 3.4GHz
ASRock H77M motherboard
120GB OCZ Agility SSD (That's the drive I have it installed on, no need to list my other ones)
Corsair CX600 PSU

#343 Scratchspider

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationKentuckiana

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 10 April 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

I think some of you that replied to my 'face palm' are thinking i was saying that low spec computers r to blame for the 'rubberbanding'. Well no i wasnt saying that. The people complaining about poor FPS performance were the ones i was refering to.

Yes i made that thread, complaining about rubberbanding.

The rubberbanding is not caused by client side computer performance.

Apologies for any confusion.

Low system specs are NOT to blame here; the game is still running on the same engine that worked before. Blaming the user's specs is like saying you need to stick a supercharger in your car if half of its cylinders stop firing.
I was getting 20fps average on medium-low settings. Not impressive, but it meant I could play the game. Now I'm down to 10 tops, no matter what my settings. People who used to get 60+ fps at maxed graphics are now down to 25-40 at low settings. Playable for them, but still such a massive drop that it needs to be looked into and fixed.
To say nothing of the rubberbanding.

#344 Scratchspider

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationKentuckiana

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

On the bright side, the fact that this problem arose shortly before finals week means I now have far fewer distractions to keep me from studying. :)

#345 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Drop in FPS from AMD desktop with windows 7. Internet is not an issue.

#346 Cmdrlimpet

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I can no longer hit anything with ranged weapons. Haven't tried LRMS or SSRMs, but I spend all my time teleporting around the map and into rocks. Wasn't a problem before this patch. Also, I just dropped into a 11 vs 8 match?

#347 No7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

I am noticing a severe problem with lag since last patch.

It seems to be connected to the new warping that goes around.

The symptoms is that now I don't even get registered hits with lasers on light mechs which was not a problem since the rewind mechanism. But with the last patch, the rewind is not working well enough.

#348 Black Rabbit of Inle

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Just adding to the 'now unplayable' column :) I7 quad 1.7 gig, 8 gig ram, nvidia 330m. And yup that's very badly underpowered but with everything set to min and the card set to 'performance', it ran smooth enough to hit a a cicada while in a mosh pit :o... Now um I couldn't hit an Atlas while at a... Er thing that no one wants to see?... Tortured metaphore aside don't want miracles and if the game is evolving past my laptop fine every thing else is :D but it was working before...

#349 Drakor I

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostScratchspider, on 11 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Low system specs are NOT to blame here; the game is still running on the same engine that worked before. Blaming the user's specs is like saying you need to stick a supercharger in your car if half of its cylinders stop firing.
I was getting 20fps average on medium-low settings. Not impressive, but it meant I could play the game. Now I'm down to 10 tops, no matter what my settings. People who used to get 60+ fps at maxed graphics are now down to 25-40 at low settings. Playable for them, but still such a massive drop that it needs to be looked into and fixed.
To say nothing of the rubberbanding.

Exactly! Possibly... ASAP.

#350 Vajazzeler

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Already posted on the issue just a little frustrated. Checked in again, first time since the patch. Gone from not registering at all server side to just unplayable rubber banding. Mentioned my frustration in chat and was told to "grow up". I can not understand how being angry at paying money for somthign that you can not use is childish. I have put in tickets and tried to resolve my issues however I recieved a one, assumadly copy pasted reply, saying this is an issue being lookd into.

This is no somone getting into a huff about a small issue and threatening to take their custom elswhere, this is somone complaing that they paid money for a product and it simply does not work. I think that by persuing this course you may turn a lot of people off your game before it is even launced.

#351 Targaryen X

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Had a weird disco bug yesterday. Managed to load into a match but soon discovered I was not where I thought I was. As I was on TS with 3 others they noticed I was not with them (even though to me I was) so I was able to wander around the map, could see everyone, but couldnt target anything and my shots went unregistered. But someone on the other team was able to hunt the real me down and kill me eventually.
This happened two matches in a row so I rebooted, logged back in and joined my team.... only to find out that while I could see me in the lobby with them, they could not see me as being in their party. Kept asking me if I got the invite yet, etc.
So I quit and fired up another game to see if its me or MWO. Thankfully it turned out to be MWO and upon returning to the game I was able to pug drop a few matches without issue.
So yeah, in game, running around, unable to interact with anything, appear to be in one place, actually halfway across the map somewhere else.

Edited by Gederix, 12 April 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#352 SHADY X

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

please!!!! fix i wont play if the lag/fps is fix's

#353 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

PGI.....I will again ask as MANY have. Talk to us about the rubberbanding issues. Your CONTINUED silence is getting more than irritating. I've searched the forums and NO WHERE have you even acknowledged that this is an issue and that you are working on it. Hundred's of posts and YOU won't respond....this is an unacceptable business practice in ANY field.

#354 DrastiK

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

@Ralatar

I agree. I was thinking those of us watching this thread should start posting a short message and a link to this thread in several other forum categories (without being overly invasive, and not in categories that it would be too off-topic).

Here is a link of a good place to start for this thread for those that want to get involved in the "Get PGI's attention initiative":
http://mwomercs.com/...198179__st__260

#355 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Agreed, the lack of a discussion is irritating. I tried to play again tonight. The only maps even close to playable are Tourmaline and Alpine, with FPS at a blazing 18-22. All other maps, and they are in the low teens. I don't have a great machine either, but I was able to get consistent kills and scores in the 300-500 range prior to patch. Now, 200 is a good game, as I can't hit squat. PGI, please provide an update. I'm not playing anymore until you do that, or the Tuesday patch comes, as I'll test it to see if this has been addressed. It's even more frustrating because I picked up the Flame on sale, my first purchase with actual money, and then this stuff happens. Right now, playing makes me want to do this:

Posted Image

Edited by Pastor Priest, 12 April 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#356 LanceUy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

wasted nearly 2 weeks of premium time already due to the bug. This sucks.

#357 Orngrimm

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Cannot join.
Launcher takes ages to load and after maploading i am presented with a black screen for > 10mins.
Have to Taskmanager-kill the game to retry.
Yesterday all was OK. Today all goes south.

#358 Thien

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Processor: Core i3 @ 3.3GHz
Ram: 8192 mb
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX
Connection: Cable
Posted Image

Ever since the patch, almost 1 in every 4 games, I get some kind of HUD or UI bug. It varies and I've even gotten a peculiar bug that makes my throttle bar kind of shoots out when I fire from my arms. Also, the rubberbanding issue is crazy. I would be looking at one direction, and the next, I would be back to where i was like 2-3 seconds ago. Also, sometimes, my weapons would fire on delay about 2 - 3 seconds after; same thing with zoom and zoom modules. Before the patch, I rarely, if ever, get any rubberbanding/bugs. But now, it's a daily thing with my premium time activated to boot.

#359 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostZBeren, on 08 April 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • Very bad... I was fine at 50 fps and it kept going gradually lower over the last 4 patches, the last 2 being the worst (down to 15 and then 10). On top of that, I keep getting a bug that turns the screen into triangles/colors/lcd trip...
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
  • I get the triangles/lcd trip/colors bug when I'm fighting someone randomly, never when I'm just walking around. Whenever I use an alpha attack I go down to 1 fps and I'm forced to watch a slideshow. Whenever I turn thermal or night vision fps drop even more (down to 5).
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • They were the highest on the m18x, and mid on the x53sc. Both are now on minimum possible to no avail, tried all possible combos with settings to no avail.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • Menus get stuck at 23, gameplay averages 10 fps. I manage to stay around 20 fps on alpines and tourmaline.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
  • Look out maxed out alienware m18x (dual 675m, 32 gb ram, i7-3940XM, etc...)
  • Look out asus x53sc specs + 4gb ram (one 520 MX, i5-2430M, 8 gb ram, etc...)
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
  • 100 mb / Panama (this has NEVER been an issue).
Edit:

Btw, whoever keeps saying updating graphic card drivers does ANYTHING really needs to shut up... If you're a lucky one, good for you, as for the rest of us, guess what?
Posted Image

Yet this:
Posted Image

still happens...

Got the same terrible results on my notebook. And also lost about 10 fps. Normaly this game runs fine on my notebook but after the last 2 or 3 patches its terrible. Plz fix these huge important issues.

Spec:

ASUS n55sf-s1366v
i7 2670QM 2,2 Ghz with hyperthreading
6 GB DDR3
Nvidia GeForce GT555M
500 GB SATA 7200 RPM

Ping ~100ms

Edited by Brawler1986, 14 April 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#360 Beta Stryker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
    • Rubber-banding and lag are intolerable. For example, if I toggle heat vision/run around/any other activity, the vision mode won't change for up to a minute.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
    • The main menu is responsive and acts normally. Chat seems to be normal, from my perspective. Lag affects mech location, movement, vision mode, weapons firing.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
    • 1920*1080
    • Full Window
    • V-Sync off
    • Motion Blur: Off
    • System Specs:
      • Very High x8
      • PostAA
    • I did not change my settings since the last patch.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
    • Main menu: 60
    • Mech lab: 60
    • Ingame: 40-60
  • System specs:
    • i7-3770K @3.5 GHz
    • 16Gb RAM @2066 MHz
    • EVGA GTX 570 GPU
    • Win7 x64 Professional
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
    • 25 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up
    • Arizona
    • Posted Image

Edited by Beta Stryker, 14 April 2013 - 07:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users