Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#81 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Massive rubberbanding....every other game crash to login screen....crashing even from mechlab.

#82 Scope666

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBranchburg, NJ

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostMonky, on 02 April 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

After a match ends I occasionally receive the 'no end of game' bug, my client doesn't close out/present scoreboard and has to be manually closed. mech stays treated as 'in a match' indefinitely until I relaunch the client and wait about 30 seconds in mechlab.

Forgot to mention I'm getting this too, and it never happened before this patch.

#83 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

A lot of rubber banding. Zoom key would stop working, guns would fire randomly. It's almost like I had 40% packet loss or something. Not sure if it matters or not, but there were four Heavy Metals on my team.

#84 Captain Swift

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Before the patch, everything seemed fine to me. I wish I'd thought to check my fps before, but it never occured to me because I never had a problem. I dare say it worked great for me.

I just ran another game now that I know how to check, and my fps was 7 - 12. It's genuinely unplayable.

#85 Zerikin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

I've not changed any settings and I am noticing significant server lag. My ping is typically less than 50ms and I have 7mb cable in Wisconsin. I am banding some, heat vision randomly turns off. I see other people banding as well.

Edited by Zerikin, 02 April 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#86 Mr Everything

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Have been experiencing 2 Major Issues.

1 . Friend or Foe Identification Gone, I mean No red or Blue triangles Nor a Targeted Box around the Mech.

one Match I could see just fine and My friend could NOT, so when i died, I viewed through his Cockpit and tried to help him ID because i still could see...

2. Mini Map in cockpit is Locked or Non-Excistent some times the leg arrow and the torso wedge stay motionless and some times the colors are just blocks and other times its just Black

#87 L0CUST

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 02 April 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Havnt had a chance to test performance yet, but will get to that.

however..

Ping is roughly the same but im rubber banding and lagging like crazy now. Pritty much unplayable half the time i end up teleported no where near where i was.

nothign other than the patch changed my end.

Specs:
Intel i7 3930k 4.6ghz OC
Asus P9x79 Pro mothebroard
16gb G.Skill 1866mhz CL9 RAM
Gigabyte 560ti SOC950 edition
128gb Corsair Performance Pro SSD
2x 10k RPM 500gb HDD Raid0
Corsair TX750M PSU

Same, Crazy rubberbanding in all mechs. Same ping as always but unbelievablely low fps and teleportation

#88 Capt Cole 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSeattle Aerospace Defense Command, Terra

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

22fps before patch, ~14 after. Deleted shader cache, no good. I wont be playing until I get 22fps again.

#89 Darkcloud

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

When dropping into a match I usually have a 0.5 - 2 minute wait with a completely black screen. I get into the game, but my team is usually already engaged. Performance seems fine once I'm in.

What gets me is that once I do get into the game I still have to wait for the startup sequence. 10/10 for sim value but minus several thousand for keeping me out of the action even longer.

Early 2009 24" iMac
Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz
Nvidia 9400M 256MB

#90 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

fps has gone down maybe 4 points, i also get the black screen annnd a brand new bug which i have never seen before: the game cant load up the mechlab.

this patch has not upgraded the game (for me).

#91 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

This is high priority. You managed to degrade performance on certain systems to the state of unplayable again.

#92 wuselfuzz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm experiencing pretty much everything that's been written before (except the light show polygon bug). Besides an FPS drop back to pre-pre-patch state and the known issues, these happened to me for the first time:

- Torso twist rubberbanding. Like, you're aiming carefully, then suddenly your torso snaps back.

- Mechs teleporting. This happened before, but went almost away after the previous patch.

- Missing IFF markers. While the minimap still worked fine, the red/blue arrows over mechs were completely missing. I only had the "missing the whole HUD" or "missing the minimap" bug before.

- Long loading times/long black screen after the game already started. Missing mech types in the pre-game/in-game scoreboard for people dropping in late. Both issues seem to be related: I had one situation where I dropped late, but my gf sitting next to me had her mech already powered up. I told her to hold Tab, and indeed my mech type was missing, but the name appeared exactly at the same time as I finally left the black screen and entered the game. Add the fact that we're playing on the same internet connection. Pre-patch, the pre-game screen often popped up a couple of seconds sooner or later for one of us, but Bitchin' Betty's last introduction sentence "All systems nominal" were always EXACTLY in sync. It's needless to say that this changed completely now.

/edit: Specs: Q6600@2.4GHz, GeForce660Ti, newest drivers, FPS now ~30-40. DSL connection with ~140ms ping.

Edited by wuselfuzz, 03 April 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#93 Hekalite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Framerates are down in general. Probably a drop of about 10-20. Core i7, GTX670, 16GB, Win7, latest drivers. Still getting the hard lockup bug from the last few patches.

#94 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

FPS increase across the board. Now sitting at or very near to 60fps at all times.

Matches now take between 2 and 5 minutes to load. Stuck on the black screen between the splash screen for the level and the level itself. Previous to this patch, they loaded in seconds. Performance is the same as last patch in terms of lag, teleporting/rubberbanding and hit detection.

Increased frequency in the following bugs:
-No minimap
-No tactical map
-Unable to use chat

I also noticed a jump in the number of disconnects.

No changes in settings, hardware or internet connection since the last patch.

Edited by The Cheese, 03 April 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#95 Chino

• Pip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hi there,
I`m using quiet old laptop Asus F3sa with ati 2600 graphic card,
Before patch went live i had astonishing ( for an old pc) +- 20 fps (with low end cfg)
Now its like from 5 up to 9 fps. Is quiet tragic :P.
Also River city is now unplayable for me, i just crashes , like loading, doing few moves and bang, game terminated.

Looking forward for hotfix and some boost for old pc-s ( like lowest end cfg possible, no smokes, cut down textures etc. etc. :) )

Also i have all symptoms like posters above, TAB error, chat error etc.

Your sincerely game user.

#96 Borgstar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

Patched my ATI desktop system which was getting glorious 50FPS at Very High graphics.

Sent my Trenchbucket into a match..... got the Tormaline load screen.... then black. Restarted the client.

The Trenchbucket was still in a match. Sent my Founders Cat into a match..... got the Forest Colony load screen..... then black. Restarted the computer.

The Trenchbucket and the Catapult were still in a match.... Sent my other Cat into a match. Got River City Night load screen...... then black. Switched off the computer.

I'll take a crack at a trouble-shooting session/complete flush and reinstall later.

Patched my Nvidia laptop..... which was getting nice 25 FPS pre-patch. Loaded my Trenchbucket..... Got River City Night...... Black screen again.

I'm kinda at a loss....

Edited by Borgstar, 03 April 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#97 Neverther

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostBorgstar, on 03 April 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Patched my ATI desktop system which was getting glorious 50FPS at Very High graphics.

Sent my Trenchbucket into a match..... got the Tormaline load screen.... then black. Restarted the client.

The Trenchbucket was still in a match. Sent my Founders Cat into a match..... got the Forest Colony load screen..... then black. Restarted the computer.

The Trenchbucket and the Catapult were still in a match.... Sent my other Cat into a match. Got River City Night load screen...... then black. Switched off the computer.

I'll take a crack at a trouble-shooting session/complete flush and reinstall later.

Patched my Nvidia laptop..... which was getting nice 25 FPS pre-patch. Loaded my Trenchbucket..... Got River City Night...... Black screen again.

I'm kinda at a loss....

You can alt-tab out of the game, then alt-tab back into it, works as a workaround for me.
Still doesnt prevent the client freezing in random point of game.

#98 Bolgani

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

Tried to play one game - FPS has crashed to under 10FPS, down to about 5-6 FPS when battle was joined. Loaded new drivers, ping in low 60ms range, but FPS stays below 10 even on practice maps. CANNOT PLAY GAME with this dismal result. Look at litany of complaints from numerous users - the new patch is a DISASTER.

#99 Shadowwoe

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

If any then slight drop in fps, but MASSIVE rubberbanding and random delays in weapon firing while ping is same as before.
Also loads of various HUD bugs.
Random CTD's with no error messages.

No settings changed after patch, just installed it without any errors and went playing.

Edited by Shadowwoe, 03 April 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#100 Nihilus84

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostMr Everything, on 02 April 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Have been experiencing 2 Major Issues.

1 . Friend or Foe Identification Gone, I mean No red or Blue triangles Nor a Targeted Box around the Mech.

one Match I could see just fine and My friend could NOT, so when i died, I viewed through his Cockpit and tried to help him ID because i still could see...

2. Mini Map in cockpit is Locked or Non-Excistent some times the leg arrow and the torso wedge stay motionless and some times the colors are just blocks and other times its just Black

I've also experienced these issues since patch.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users