Raven 2X And 4X Need A Buff

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Do the Raven 2x and 4x need a small buff? (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Do the Raven 2x and 4x need a small buff?

1. Yes (104 votes [44.26%])

Percentage of vote: 44.26%

2. No (67 votes [28.51%])

Percentage of vote: 28.51%

3. I hate Ravens (48 votes [20.43%])

Percentage of vote: 20.43%

4. This topic is dead to me (16 votes [6.81%])

Percentage of vote: 6.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 18 April 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Compared to most spider and commando chassis, the Ravens do just fine. Buffing them is pointless. Kill the streak ECM combo, draw a sigh of relief. Functional MG would help too.

Raven 2X is just a poor man's Jenner because of inferior hardpoints (having 2 extra missile tubes isn't good enough) and two of those lazors are torso mounted (less accuracy), a lower engine rating, and lack of Jump Jets. The wonky side torso hitboxes mean nothing because smart people never shoot above a light's waistline unless the torso is seriously damaged.

If the 2X (and why not the 4X while we're at it?) could carry ECM then it could actually have its own little information warfare-ish role and Jenner could stay as the faster and stronger striker, but right now the Raven 2X is just a weakened Jenner. That doesn't make it unable to perform well, it just means that a Jenner would be far more effective at the exact same jobs in nearly any given situation.

The 4X at least has ballistics to set it apart (although there isn't much you can do with those two slots at the moment...).

Edited by FupDup, 18 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#102 RedSkotina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

2x useless
but 4x fine with gauss rifle or LL - Mini-Cataphract 3D

#103 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostAlphawolf, on 03 April 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

You bunch of whiney babies!!!!!! None of the damn Ravens need a buff. Learn to play with what you have. I leveled all my Ravens before ECM was even in open beta.

No one of any experience at all would field these other Ravens in a serious drop, though. Because your beat up PUGs proves nothing.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users