1089 replies to this topic

#1081 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

In my opinion the ECM was officially "fixed" in the latest patch. Two biggest complaints were addressed: it does not mess with IFF and it has a hard counter. A D-DC Atlas has to choose between 3xLRM with Artemis or an ECM. Now you can build a dedicated fast medium mech to hunt scouts with. Jenner-D is back in action, as well as Catapult A1.

#1082 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 22 May 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

In my opinion the ECM was officially "fixed" in the latest patch. Two biggest complaints were addressed: it does not mess with IFF and it has a hard counter. A D-DC Atlas has to choose between 3xLRM with Artemis or an ECM. Now you can build a dedicated fast medium mech to hunt scouts with. Jenner-D is back in action, as well as Catapult A1.

I just think it's great that all the mech pilots were nice and decided to not jam enemy IFF systems.

#1083 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostValaska, on 21 May 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

Guys! There's a fix for ECM coming!!
Ecm and ECCM is huge in heavy gear... the white cat ewh gear is like a raven with a seeking ac50

http://www.kickstart...-gear-assault-0

#1084 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostHoaggie, on 22 May 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

I just think it's great that all the mech pilots were nice and decided to not jam enemy IFF systems.

I think it's great that our techs figured out a way to transceive IFF that ECM can't jam.

Aren't arms races wonderful!

#1085 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 22 May 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

I think it's great that our techs figured out a way to transceive IFF that ECM can't jam.

Aren't arms races wonderful!

I think it's great that we could take 5 seconds to figure out who is on our team before attacking the enemy so we don’t need an IFF

Edited by Hoaggie, 22 May 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#1086 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

So great that ECM isn't GECM from BattleTech /Sarcasm.

#1087 Valaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

There's a simple solution to all of this ECM crap! This is a problem that the useless dev's of PGI don't even need to lift a finger!

http://www.kickstart...-gear-assault-0

SHABAM! But yeah no, PGI isn't going to fix crap all and keep putting random useless features that don't address the problem at all, but actually worsen the state of the game.

#1088 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostValaska, on 23 May 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

SHABAM! But yeah no, PGI isn't going to fix crap all and keep putting random useless features that don't address the problem at all, but actually worsen the state of the game.

The problem is this forum, the game was really a lot better before they started adjusting things after closed beta ended

#1089 Valaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

It really was, RIGHT before ECM there was an amazing balance period just after the LRM nerf, that was a time of great happiness and activity for me and my friends! But, well, we all know how that ended after a couple months, the polls against ECM have less and less over all voters, last time I dropped in the game matches took longer than closed beta to find... To be honest I'm actually kind of happy MWO is going downhill based on player base! Its what the team that helped create Duke Nukem Forever deserves to be honest, another amazing lesson on how to learn from the fricken past/listen to your majority community base.

#1090 Dragonkindred

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

So, if PPCs can affect ECM, why can't they affect BAP as well?

Doesn't seem right to me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users