66 replies to this topic

#21 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Show me a game this far into development that is further along, with a staff of this size (IE. now tossing EA games into this, heh.)

Go ahead, seriously. I want to see this game.

There's probably also things you guys are working on, that we simply haven't seen yet? Right??? ;)

#22 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Just keep on trust in PGI.

only because its struggling a bit atm its no reason to let them down ;)

PGI i beleave in you

#23 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

all the reviews pre-December stated this game is dummied down, low on bells and whistles with A LOT OF POTENTIAL... how far has this game come along since that now? where is this game going? phase one... potential with an opening game sequence that tells you who your fighting with? phase two... and end game sequence which tells you what you fought for calculated with different bonuses? phase three... end game sequence with a picture of the planet you fought for? I really hope there is more, sure theres no lawsuit you guys literally incuded everything you've promised except loosly throughing words around like MASSIVE SCALE. if 12 vs 12 is the most your game will ever be able to handle I hope there is some clever plans like continual streaming of players fighting for one base, even if it is only 24 on the map at one time. anything to add substance to this barebone potential. Make this game good, make moving lances around more like mwtactics. don't make lame cw maps and game sequences. You don't want euros, bring that sort of creativity to CW on this side of the pond.

#24 KingDerp

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostSuprentus, on 03 April 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

A staff that size is exactly what I'm on about. Do you guys really not make enough money to hire a larger staff?

I totally get that you guys are overworked with developing the game with so few people, and I, along with many other fans, appreciate that. But does it really have to be done with so few people?

Given the sickeningly inflated asset cost claims it is no wonder they don't hire
some real programmers and graphic artists.

If they hire more people they cannot slide as much money into their pockets.

And besides, Eccchman needs more little hair stripes and those cost $25,000 EACH.

#25 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

A staff that size is exactly what I'm on about. Do you guys really not make enough money to hire a larger staff?

I totally get that you guys are overworked with developing the game with so few people, and I, along with many other fans, appreciate that. But does it really have to be done with so few people?

Imagine this.

You run a hospital. You need a brain surgeon. They are pretty rare, as it's a very, very specialized field. You ask for resumes, and get tonnes and tonnes, but none that are brain surgeons that fit your hospital.

Do you just use an Orthopaedic surgeon that applied? Or do you keep looking?

#26 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 April 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Imagine this.

You run a hospital. You need a brain surgeon. They are pretty rare, as it's a very, very specialized field. You ask for resumes, and get tonnes and tonnes, but none that are brain surgeons that fit your hospital.

You kidnap and bribe into compliance the needed surgeon from a hospital in the next city. With bacon.

If the police roll up on you and surround the building, we'll understand. Because MechWarrior.

Edited by Signal27, 03 April 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#27 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I've always found an M-1911 to be very effective.

Just put it to their temple and scream "CODE YOU F'IN MONKEY OR YOU'll BE SPENDING THE REST OF ETERNITY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BALANCE THE VELOCITY OF BRAINS IMPACTING AGAINST A WALL"

Or cookies, cookies go a long way.

#28 Diranar

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSchleswig-Holstein, Germany

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

My two cents for this Game : Its a Tactical Arena Game, but no real Mechwarrior.
It feels a lot like Piranha just introduced the Founder Programm to take the Money and leave the game development on a very slow rate, because they already made 5 Million bucks with it, nice thing, next Game.
( So , they cant afford "Professional" Support in Programming and Graphics ? - nice try,, i don't believe you)
If you want more Info , Google that or go to the wiki.
I hope it will be far more than we see now, but it don't feel like it is in "REAL" development, i' ve seen Games with weekly patches that add more Content then Mechwarrior in 2 Month.
The 2 Gamemodes are boring after some time, because the few Maps always Repeat, it happens that you play the same map for 5 times a row, not funny. Turmaline Horror...
A Real Arena like Solaris would be Fun,New Modes like : One Way Assault, One Team attacks , the other has to defend; Classic "Capture the flag" and King of the Hill Modes etc.
And the Prices : You think i take 50 bucks to you to get a decent hero mech and some colors ? No ,
Not at all finished and want Money for that ? I't like Paying for a Car without Engine and the Salesman tells you : You could get that , too, if we invent it someday, but no Promises , don't lose Hope ?
Not that i am not willing to Pay for good Work and Fun, but at this point of the Game it doesn't feel right.
If i could get some MC for Playing it would be much more motivating ( Take a look at STO if you need a Tip on how do do it , you can get Credits by trading dilithium)

It doesnt feel like Mechwarrior Online, More than a "World of Tanks on legs" with nicer graphics and fewer Content.
I think i never get my Dire Wolf (Daishi) in Action :)

It may sound like i don't care for the Game or hate it, but im only hoping it gets a Game with years of fun and not weeks like it is now, they said it will be released end of Summer, so Clan will be a DLC i have to buy for 50 Bucks ....

#29 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 03 April 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

I've always found an M-1911 to be very effective.

Just put it to their temple and scream "CODE YOU F'IN MONKEY OR YOU'll BE SPENDING THE REST OF ETERNITY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BALANCE THE VELOCITY OF BRAINS IMPACTING AGAINST A WALL"

Or cookies, cookies go a long way.

It's Canada, man. I heard their laws on handguns are pretty restrictive.

Hunting shotguns and rifles on the other hand...
...Garth, what does it take to get a shotgun through Canadian customs? I'm willing to donate to the cause.

#30 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

I guess you & the OP missed the GDC interview posted yesterday where they said they were in the process of doubling staff.

#31 Suprentus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 April 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Imagine this.

So if you ever find that brain surgeon, do you think any of the things I outlined might someday come to pass? Is there anyone at PGI that wants to expand the scope that much?

#32 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostDiranar, on 03 April 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

My two cents for this Game : Its a Tactical Arena Game, but no real Mechwarrior.
It feels a lot like Piranha just introduced the Founder Programm to take the Money and leave the game development on a very slow rate, because they already made 5 Million bucks with it, nice thing, next Game.
( So , they cant afford "Professional" Support in Programming and Graphics ? - nice try,, i don't believe you)
If you want more Info , Google that or go to the wiki.
I hope it will be far more than we see now, but it don't feel like it is in "REAL" development, i' ve seen Games with weekly patches that add more Content then Mechwarrior in 2 Month.
The 2 Gamemodes are boring after some time, because the few Maps always Repeat, it happens that you play the same map for 5 times a row, not funny. Turmaline Horror...
A Real Arena like Solaris would be Fun,New Modes like : One Way Assault, One Team attacks , the other has to defend; Classic "Capture the flag" and King of the Hill Modes etc.
And the Prices : You think i take 50 bucks to you to get a decent hero mech and some colors ? No ,
Not at all finished and want Money for that ? I't like Paying for a Car without Engine and the Salesman tells you : You could get that , too, if we invent it someday, but no Promises , don't lose Hope ?
Not that i am not willing to Pay for good Work and Fun, but at this point of the Game it doesn't feel right.
If i could get some MC for Playing it would be much more motivating ( Take a look at STO if you need a Tip on how do do it , you can get Credits by trading dilithium)

It doesnt feel like Mechwarrior Online, More than a "World of Tanks on legs" with nicer graphics and fewer Content.
I think i never get my Dire Wolf (Daishi) in Action :)

It may sound like i don't care for the Game or hate it, but im only hoping it gets a Game with years of fun and not weeks like it is now, they said it will be released end of Summer, so Clan will be a DLC i have to buy for 50 Bucks ....

*facepalm*

Your post shows no understanding of the F2P business model or the concept of Beta.

#33 Suprentus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostINSEkT L0GIC, on 03 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

I guess you & the OP missed the GDC interview posted yesterday where they said they were in the process of doubling staff.

The OP and I must think a lot alike.

I did not watch the interview though. I hope they do double their starff, and that brain surgeon will come around.

Edited by Suprentus, 03 April 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#34 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

PGI doesn't need brain surgeons. They need proctologists to deal with the forums. :)

#35 Diranar

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostDavers, on 03 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

*facepalm*

Your post shows no understanding of the F2P business model or the concept of Beta.

Yeah Sure, you now how it goes, your great post explains everything just fine , now i have understood it ... XD

Edited by Diranar, 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#36 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

I expected one thing above all others

A working Client.

That they don't have one at this point is inexcusable.

#37 Diranar

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostDiranar, on 03 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Yeah sure, you now how it goes, your great post explains everything just fine , now i have understood it ... XD
(Ive played more beta games the last years than real ones , but i don't know nothing, right Boss...LOL)

#38 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostLugh, on 03 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I expected one thing above all others

A working Client.

That they don't have one at this point is inexcusable.

Weird, mine is working just fine... YMMV

#39 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostSuprentus, on 03 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

The OP and I must think a lot alike.

I did not watch the interview though. I hope they do double their starff, and that brain surgeon will come around.

You two do look eerily similar. I'm on my phone and scroll between pages to double check. :)

Hmmm, the downside of increasing staff means Garth may get minions, enough minions to create an unstoppable Cicada army laying waste to the entire Inner Sphere. I shudder at the thought of it.

Edited by INSEkT L0GIC, 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#40 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostDiranar, on 03 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Yeah Sure, you now how it goes, your great post explains everything just fine , now i have understood it ... XD

So you know that the reason we have few maps and game modes is that it is Beta, yet you complain about it.
Pretty sure Hero mechs come with engines and colors too.

No use trying to explain things to someone who thinks they already know it.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users