#41 Diranar

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSchleswig-Holstein, Germany

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostDavers, on 03 April 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

So you know that the reason we have few maps and game modes is that it is Beta, yet you complain about it.
Pretty sure Hero mechs come with engines and colors too.

No use trying to explain things to someone who thinks they already know it.

No, i don't cause it doesn't make sense, more to test are more results. If they only balance 8 Maps, because they only have 8 Maps.
Most Betas i've Played already was in the state of "Gold" they only needed to balance the whole stuff.
In this Case "The whole Stuff" isn't there , cause they didn't create it by now...

#42 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 April 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Imagine this.

You run a hospital. You need a brain surgeon. They are pretty rare, as it's a very, very specialized field. You ask for resumes, and get tonnes and tonnes, but none that are brain surgeons that fit your hospital.

Do you just use an Orthopaedic surgeon that applied? Or do you keep looking?

Sounds like the same problem my university has with getting accounting professors. For the the forumites this means that sometimes people with the specialties a company wants are so rare and in demand that they have to bid for them and hope maybe that person wants to be a part of what the company is doing if they cannot secure top bid.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 03 April 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#43 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Compare MWO to Stronghold Kingdoms for example. Stronghold Kingdoms is based on Stronghold- a castle building game. Work was started on it in 2007, and it went to Alpha testing in 2009. Two years to get to Alpha for a game they had already designed! It went Launch in October 2012, 5 years after development started. Compared to that MWO has made HUGE strides.

#44 Zenthious

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well stated, OP. There is a lack of persistence (other than basic cbills and pilot xp progress) and MWO is missing the RPG/warfare element. If they plan to go to a release phase by the end of August I hope they will entertain the idea of changing the queuing system, at the very least, before they do. Everyone should enter a lobby with mission details, and should be able to fill in their drop weight, organize their lances, and choose available drop locations before the start of a fight. I'd sure like to see some more of the tech get implemented too. LBX5/LBX20/UAC10/UAC20/STREAK6/LAMS/X-PULSES/INFERNO SRMS/MRM40

#45 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

I know how you feel, so many possibilities, potential, situations they could make a wild turn in against the industry standard, which take nothing but some courage and creativity... all missed.

If you want to know what I'm talking about there's a couple thousand threads in suggestion forums, about half/third of them would make the game better some with unprecedented ideas, half/quater of those would take about a few hundred lines of code tops.

Yet they seem to be determined to make the generic, run of the mill product they feel safe with.

The reason many bought the highlander is because of the damn speakers and music, no one has ever done it, and we reward you for it. In this grey era of copy-cating F2P games, it pays to be different. At least learn from your own actions. Come out of the comfort zone, and into the light.

#46 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostChavette, on 03 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yet they seem to be determined to make the generic, run of the mill product they feel safe with.

Nah. Tending towards the "generic, run of the mill" would be more like Hawken. That's more friendly towards people who play all manner of typical first person shooters. Whereas in MWO there is still a learning curve due to all the stuff you don't typically find in a first person shooter (piloting a mech and the mechlab design rules).

#47 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Nah, Game ain't balanced.

The OP is wrong, otherwise SHSWarrrior, FlameWarrior, LBWarrior, NARCWarrior, and MGWarrior would be quips.

#48 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

View Postvon Pilsner, on 03 April 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think your expectations of an MMO may be part of the problem, I was expecting a tactical FPS with some campaign elements. I know some MMORPG sites have been calling MWO one of their own, but I don't recall PGI/IGP touting MWO as an MMO.

Which is why they are giving interviews to MMOAttack and other sites, right? I understand them wanting to not let people run their own servers with modded content as this would cut into the profit of selling things pretty severely, but the effect this has is turning the game into an MMO without the Massive- but as any MMO veteran will tell you, the lifeblood of the game is new content, meaning you are locked into churning out more and more over the years, and the players will always want more than you can give them.

#49 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postvon Pilsner, on 03 April 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think your expectations of an MMO may be part of the problem, I was expecting a tactical FPS with some campaign elements.

I was expecting an MMOFPS FFS!!

View PostSuprentus, on 03 April 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Things I expected from MWO and will likely never get:
=========================================================================
  • PvE along with PvP.
  • Actual missions.
  • Destructible environments that would dynamically change the flow of battle.
  • Dozens and dozens of maps, one for each playable world in a persistent galaxy.
  • Small touches of immersion everywhere
  • Locales to explore outside your Mech.

PvE was never on the cards
Actual missions likely to appear when CW is in
Destructable environments are likely but low priority
Dozens of maps - There probably will be trillions by the end of the year!
Mmm immersion - Isnt that the Gears of war glowy stuff??
Locales to explore outside your mech - 3rd Person view? :ph34r:

#50 Suprentus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 03 April 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I was expecting an MMOFPS FFS!!

PvE was never on the cards
Actual missions likely to appear when CW is in
Destructable environments are likely but low priority
Dozens of maps - There probably will be trillions by the end of the year!
Mmm immersion - Isnt that the Gears of war glowy stuff??
Locales to explore outside your mech - 3rd Person view? :ph34r:

wat?

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 03 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

The OP is wrong, otherwise SHSWarrrior, FlameWarrior, LBWarrior, NARCWarrior, and MGWarrior would be quips.

You're joking, right?

#51 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Imagine this.

You run a hospital. You need a brain surgeon. They are pretty rare, as it's a very, very specialized field. You ask for resumes, and get tonnes and tonnes, but none that are brain surgeons that fit your hospital.

What you do is get some one with the Basic qualifications and you train them to the level you require that's what the rest of us company owners do, lets face it modelling/graphics design even Coding isn't Brain surgery. Also you may consider productivity, by your comments something like making a map takes 7 people upto 3 months and 60 to 250k now if we have examples of these maps in game I would have to assumes that the 60K applies to turning say River City into River City night and the 250k applies to say Alpine this means you paid each of those 7 people nearly 10k each to turn River into night and 35k each to make Alpine? youre kidding me right? Just because your target audience is 18 to 25 year old basement dwellers don't treat the rest of us like fools mate.

#52 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostZenthious, on 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

I'd sure like to see some more of the tech get implemented too. LBX5/LBX20/UAC10/UAC20/STREAK6/LAMS/X-PULSES/INFERNO SRMS/MRM40

It's 3050 right now. Most of that isn't available for another six to eighteen years.

#53 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Show me a game this far into development that is further along, with a staff of this size (IE. now tossing EA games into this, heh.)

Go ahead, seriously. I want to see this game.

I have said it before, but, I think it would be pretty good to expand the staff (not just double), and in turn expand the scope.

#54 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Imagine this.

I hear there a few ex Lucas arts employees looking for jobs

#55 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

Have to say, I agree with you to a certain extent, and I think part of the problem is contained within the subject line of the thread: "Expectation". What I was "expecting" was essentially EvE in battlemechs. If you think about it though, the old style MW games were never that involved either. Just a series of maps with various objectives and some bridging mechanic in the form of mission dialogues.

I'm interested in seeing just how CW will be implemented in the scope of what we have at the moment to see how much there's going to be in providing a "point" or a link to those successions of instance based battles that we have at the moment. With all that said though, even as it stands, I think the game is a hell of a lot of fun and is actually a rather good basis for further development. Who knows, in time with a larger dev team, we could be at a point where MWO IS in fact as deep as EvE in Mechs. (Honestly, I doubt it, but who knows.)

#56 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

There's a lot of things the devs would like to do, but you shouldn't expect them (like melee and PvE) until after launch.

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 03 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Naw you coming at this all skewed. There will always be the redheaded stepchild weapon system. The one people just avoid. LB-X for example needs Slugs and Buck to be a worth while weapon. MG should always be a low damage weapon cause it is so small (Low damage... not non existent damage). Why Narc when TAG is lighter. Seriously these are decisions players have made for decades without killing the franchise (MW or CBT).

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 04 April 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#58 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

View PostDavers, on 03 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Compare MWO to Stronghold Kingdoms for example. Stronghold Kingdoms is based on Stronghold- a castle building game. Work was started on it in 2007, and it went to Alpha testing in 2009. Two years to get to Alpha for a game they had already designed! It went Launch in October 2012, 5 years after development started. Compared to that MWO has made HUGE strides.

Not to mention the entire game is basically 1 or 2 browser type maps.

#59 Eshayz Lad

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 03 April 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

What you do is get some one with the Basic qualifications and you train them to the level you require that's what the rest of us company owners do, lets face it modelling/graphics design even Coding isn't Brain surgery. Also you may consider productivity, by your comments something like making a map takes 7 people upto 3 months and 60 to 250k now if we have examples of these maps in game I would have to assumes that the 60K applies to turning say River City into River City night and the 250k applies to say Alpine this means you paid each of those 7 people nearly 10k each to turn River into night and 35k each to make Alpine? youre kidding me right? Just because your target audience is 18 to 25 year old basement dwellers don't treat the rest of us like fools mate.

+1.5

Edited by Eshayz Lad, 04 April 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#60 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Imagine this.

Is this a Canadian hospital or USA?
Nevermind in a couple years neither will bother training neurosurgeons because it is p2w.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users