So.. How's Everyone Enjoying The Pink Pogostick Poor-Man's Atlas (Aka, Heavy Metal)?

151 replies to this topic

#21 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Compared to the 800-1200 a DDC can easily average. Cool. So Heavy Metal is averaging the same damage I get out of YLW and Flame. Totally worth it.

Try getting that out of a DDC since missile nerfs.
Really though, it should be compared to an Atlas-RS, since with the 3arm lasers+2 arm ballistics it's closer to an RS brawler in terms of playstyle.

I like mine, and I love jumping over where an atlas can hit with their torso armament then landing showing him my side after doing some pinpoint damage to one of his side torsos.
When used properly the jets and arm weapons can make it a very nasty brawler, though it's probably not going to win any alpha-strike awards.

For the record my Heavy Metal has the best Win/Loss and KDR of any of my mechs.

[edit] Also worth mentioning that it completely rocks atlases in hilly terrain, since most of the weapons can aim up/down, and the jets let your arms clear obstacles if you give them a tap.

Edited by One Medic Army, 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#22 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostHollister, on 03 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Says the one with Steiner in there name, over 3500 posts, legendary founder, and that their location is in the lyran commonwealth.

Sounds like your the "OH SO SERIOUS" one to me.

but any how, I'm liking the mech for what it is. Rhonda Snords Highlander.

Grammar. Post invalidated due to grammar errors.

Grammar is srs business.

@Bishop

Mexico huh? I got a friend there going to school since its cheaper there than in the states. And not an assault pilot too much huh? Well I guess that'd be true since you love your mediums. I too have also tangled with Highlander pilots in my Centurion and have had no problems bashing the hell out of them. They just kind of jump up and down and try to fire back as they realize they can't aim very well when jumping.

Bad pilots make me cringe, especially so with this new pink pogo stick.

Edited by Shazarad, 03 April 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

ZOMG!!!, SOMEONE COMPARED MY PRECIOUS RHONDA SNORD COMMEMORATIVE LIMITED EDITION POGOMECH TO A BARBIE CAR!!!!!! gnash teeth, rant and rave!

Lolz. So easy.

#24 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostShazarad, on 03 April 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Grammar. Post invalidated due to grammar errors.

Grammar is srs business

excuse me for my florida edumacation... you know were not that smart down here...
to much sun and all and them skeeters.. they be sucking the blood out all the time.. dont get to much blood to the head cause of it...

#25 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostHollister, on 03 April 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

excuse me for my florida edumacation... you know were not that smart down here...
to much sun and all and them skeeters.. they be sucking the blood out all the time.. dont get to much blood to the head cause of it...

Im from the great state of Texas and half my "slightly more reddish pink" neck family is from Florida. So I know exactly what you mean.

Edited by Shazarad, 03 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

@Shaz
You know they could have avoided all this ridicule and mockery had they just released a pink, white and purple Victor instead. But noooooo..... We got the Energizer Bunny that plays muzak when it kills ya!*edited for California scholastic system grammar

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 03 April 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#27 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

I enjoy it quite a lot. The use of arm mounted weaponry lets me hit targets at angles that an Atlas wouldn't let me. I don't think it's a good poptart mech as its heavy weight makes the experience... slow. The JJ are very useful for performing mid air rotations faster than the mech naturally can turn and it's hilarious to jump above a Stalker/Atlas's firing arc while still being able to punish them from above. You also can distribute damage vertically by jumping in addition to the usual twist based distribution.

My only real complaint are the massive shoulders blocking your field of view. Just like an Atlas or Stalker the cockpit is more of a tunnel you peer through.

#28 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 03 April 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Try getting that out of a DDC since missile nerfs.

two large lasers and two UAC5s, your move.

#29 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 April 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

@Shaz
You know they could have avoided all this ridicule and mockery had they just released a pink, white and purple Victor instead. But noooooo..... We got the Energizer Bunny that plays muzak when it kills ya!*edited for California scholastic system grammar

I just want a Victor that I can eject the head off of and kill an ECM mech with. If you catch my drift :)

Also makes me wonder why Victor concept art hasn't been released yet? Victor is awesome and would show those punks what a 80 ton mech can do!

#30 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 03 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Yeah, completely dependent on DPS, the enemy having mechs that can take that much punishment, and your team not killing them first.
If you're consistently hitting 800-1200 dmg with that loadout the rest of your team needs to stop sitting in the back being useless.

#31 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

I'm obliterating everyone with it, D-DCs, 6PPC wonders, Awesomes, Jagers.. you name it. They ain't nothing for me, I can have them 100 to 0 without overheating, 1v1. 4mans, 8mans, solo, I do it all. If you got a problem with that, challenge us.

Edited by Chavette, 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#32 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

View PostShazarad, on 03 April 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

I just want a Victor that I can eject the head off of and kill an ECM mech with. If you catch my drift :)

Also makes me wonder why Victor concept art hasn't been released yet? Victor is awesome and would show those punks what a 80 ton mech can do!

It's also really similar to a Highlander both in appearance and role. Not sure we'll see one before Clan mechs.

#33 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 03 April 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Yeah, completely dependent on DPS, the enemy having mechs that can take that much punishment, and your team not killing them first.
If you're consistently hitting 800-1200 dmg with that loadout the rest of your team needs to stop sitting in the back being useless.

Well I'm glad you're saying it because whenever I do, it's like opening the flood gates on a **** storm.

#34 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Well I'm glad you're saying it because whenever I do, it's like opening the flood gates on a **** storm.

Fun fact, your DDC loadout isn't that far off from one of my Highlander loadouts.
I use standard AC/5s though due to space constraints.

#35 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Not sure i can justify $30 something dollars on a mech i havent tried yet... ...now if they came out with an atlas hero mech that was better than the founders or the K... :)

#36 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 03 April 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Fun fact, your DDC loadout isn't that far off from one of my Highlander loadouts.
I use standard AC/5s though due to space constraints.

I'd swap my large lasers for two mediums and a three pack of srm4s in a heart beat if they'd unfuck the missiles.

#37 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostShazarad, on 03 April 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Im from the great state of Texas and half my "slightly more reddish pink" neck family is from Florida. So I know exactly what you mean.

Lived in Jax, FL (though it's thought of more as Southern Georgia) '06-'09 and I learned rather quickly that all those ******* jokes.... aren't.

Having grown up in a small farming town, then worked in lumber mills for years as an adult, I thought I knew rednecks. I was wrong. :)

View PostTruePoindexter, on 03 April 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

My only real complaint are the massive shoulders blocking your field of view. Just like an Atlas or Stalker the cockpit is more of a tunnel you peer through.

Those aren't shoulders. They're the little "wings" protecting the sides of the cockpit, since the ******** took away the distinctive cowl.

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 03 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

You know that's a horrid armament for an assault mech, right?

[Edit: because I wasn't thinking clearly about crit spaces]

Edited by OneEyed Jack, 03 April 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#38 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Those aren't shoulders. They're the little "wings" protecting the sides of the cockpit, since the ******** took away the distinctive cowl.

Is that what they are? I'll need to look closer. Either way I wish they weren't in my face. I really hate the tunnel cockpits.

#39 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

You know that's a horrid armament for an assault mech... and that it can be used on HM (if one so chose), right?

You may think it's horrid, but my performance with it does not lie and I didn't have to pay $28 dollars for my DDC so that is more or less irrelevant.

#40 Death Weasel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDrinking your milk from the carton.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Lovin' it better that McD's.
You are right though Bishop, it is not a poptart.
The JJ's are for increased mobility and such IMHO. Not for being a LAM.
As for pink.... I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and..... well you get the point. (will repaint asap)

P.S. Got any more of those great pieces of art lately? I been going through withdrawls.

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users