So.. How's Everyone Enjoying The Pink Pogostick Poor-Man's Atlas (Aka, Heavy Metal)?

151 replies to this topic

#41 Vapor Trail

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

You know that's a horrid armament for an assault mech, right?

[Edit: because I wasn't thinking clearly about crit spaces]

Technically that's a TT loadout for a heavy mech.

Just goes to show how much 3x rate of fire will scale up chassis required to run a certain loadout.

Edited by Vapor Trail, 03 April 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

@True Poindexter

Its higher mobility envelope would actually make it a closer analog to a Cataphract 3D with more balanced hardpoints, since is has all 3 types.

#43 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Compared to the 800-1200 a DDC can easily average. Cool. So Heavy Metal is averaging the same damage I get out of YLW and Flame. Totally worth it.

You aren't rolling 800-1200 in a DDC there bucko. A few weeks ago? Sure - then again who wasn't LOLing their way to the top in a LRM boat? I know I was. Now? Well, let's say the dump truck has seen better days.

#44 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 03 April 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

You may think it's horrid, but my performance with it does not lie and I didn't have to pay $28 dollars for my DDC so that is more or less irrelevant.

If you do well in it, kudos! Keep it up and someday you'll gt to play with the big boys. :)

View PostPanzershriek, on 03 April 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

As for pink.... I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and..... well you get the point. (will repaint asap)

Well, it's not really a shade I would call pink, more a light magenta, imo. I was planning to repaint mine, but I couldn't find a more annoying, garish real pink to annoy the homophobes making such a big issue of it.

DEVS! We need a good neon pink in the paint palette!

#45 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 April 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

@True Poindexter

Its higher mobility envelope would actually make it a closer analog to a Cataphract 3D with more balanced hardpoints, since is has all 3 types.

Very true but I'm not a fan of 3 weapon systems. I prefer simplicity. Less chance for making a mistake in combat and greater focus on efficiency.

#46 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

If you do well in it, kudos! Keep it up and someday you'll gt to play with the big boys. :)

Snarky comments and a smart *** attitude, would love a 1v1 mode so we could see who the big boy here is.

#47 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Well, it's not really a shade I would call pink, more a light magenta, imo. I was planning to repaint mine, but I couldn't find a more annoying, garish real pink to annoy the homophobes making such a big issue of it.

DEVS! We need a good neon pink in the paint palette!

Mine's keeping the pink, but the Black/White channels are going to be a lovely neon green.
My goal is to be so bright and garish that the enemy team can't even look at my mech to shoot me.

#48 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 03 April 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Mine's keeping the pink, but the Black/White channels are going to be a lovely neon green.
My goal is to be so bright and garish that the enemy team can't even look at my mech to shoot me.

Why am I not suprised you bought one?

Damn it... now I'm going to have to buy one. Keeping up with the Mech-Jones' is a *****.

#49 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 03 April 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

POOR MANS ATLAS ? I am not sure your definition is what most peoples' is.It costs as much as the "Complete Game" back when MW3 and MW4 were released :ph34r:

[inflation]

Pretend that is a History Channel Guy image.

#50 ColonelMetus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

"
So.. How's Everyone Enjoying The Pink Pogostick Poor-Man's Atlas (Aka, Heavy Metal)?"

Poormans Atlas? its 35 bucks IRL! how dare you call my heavy poor. you are just jellybeans cause you cannot afford.

#51 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 03 April 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

.It costs as much as the "Complete Game" back when MW3 and MW4 were released :ph34r:

most the hero mech cost as much as games themselves. . . . . . .

or a bag of weed, however you look at it.

#52 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 03 April 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Snarky comments and a smart *** attitude, would love a 1v1 mode so we could see who the big boy here is.

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but...
Spoiler

#53 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 April 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

I think the devs are letting their age show with these "Ode to 80s Hair-Metal" mecha, like Heavy Metal and Pretty Baby.

Your opinions?

well, interesting perspective, hadn't thought of it. but i don't know much about mech lore, from what i understand wasnt the battletech or whatever stories written in the late 70's or 80's when that was a sortof popular way to talk, or name things?

What are your suggestions for new names? just curious.

btw, i've heard the heavy metal music while spectating a couple times and i think it plays 3 different diddlys. one of them sounds kinda country hillbilly though if i'm not mistaken.

#54 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Poor man's atlas? I can currently afford to buy all the Atlases in game and doll them up however I wanted, while simultaneously not being able to afford the one Highlander. True story.

#55 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I didn't buy it, but to me putting all the hard points except 1 on the left side is a HUGE flaw.

#56 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 03 April 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but...
Spoiler

My Atlas wouldn't be 'gimped' if PGI didn't break the missiles in their entirety.

And just for that you are number one on my list when (if) they roll out the 1v1 or solaris or whatever and I swear to you I will use that build if not but for our match even if they happen to fix missiles sometime before then.

Show me what that pretty pink money pit can do.

Edited by Lil Cthulhu, 03 April 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#57 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

They need to Make a GWAR Tribute mech to make up for the hair metal trubutes. Name It Whargoul and give it a Melee weapon, a Sword named Lick. It would the only HeroMech I'd ever get. Also It needs spiky shoulder Pads...

#58 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostTehSBGX, on 03 April 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

They need to Make a GWAR Tribute mech to make up for the hair metal trubutes. Name It Whargoul and give it a Melee weapon, a Sword named Lick. It would the only HeroMech I'd ever get. Also It needs spiky shoulder Pads...

How bout a Cuttlefish of Cthulhu codpiece? :ph34r:

#59 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 03 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

How bout a Cuttlefish of Cthulhu codpiece? :ph34r:

YES!!!!!!

#60 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostBoPop, on 03 April 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

btw, i've heard the heavy metal music while spectating a couple times and i think it plays 3 different diddlys. one of them sounds kinda country hillbilly though if i'm not mistaken.

While I don't know his music well enough to tell if it really is from the short clips, Rhonda's mech was supposed to blare Elvis. Some of his music is kinda twangy, especially early stuff, which makes perfect sense when you consider his background and early musical influences.

Plus the crappy synthesized source of the music is gonna make it sound more twangy, anyway.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users