Eta On Next Stable Release?

86 replies to this topic

#1 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

The latest patch has been a complete failure. When will we start making progress on the bugs that are plaguing this client? I have completely changed all hardware components on my PC and am still suffering from random client crashes. I still experience HUD issues 20% of my drops including mini-map errors that have persisted for over 8 months now. What in the world is going on with damage registration on rear shots? We keep taking one step forward, two steps back. I know a lot of focus has been put on generating content, but surely I am not the only one tired of forced to drop the new Tourmaline Desert map every other drop. Over half my time since stats started being recorded has been in that map. It gets very repetitive and dull.

I have little desire to play outside of preparation for the RHOD tournament that attempts to overcome the hurdles set forth by the development team to curtail community involvement. Scoring assists higher than kills and hosting tournaments that score games played higher than combat performance continues to puzzle me. I can only assume that PGI has a demoralizing work environment as I see zero passion going into this product. When I play games like Path of Exile it is like being able to breathe again when the development team actually tackles the bugs and further polishes the product each patch. Let's hope some of the future changes address these issues as my teammates and I are most discouraged at the current state of the game.

Edited by Kataris, 03 April 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#2 Rocket Puppy

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Check the Command Chair, Hotfixes incoming, some may be stealth patched others due Friday.

#3 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostRocket Puppy, on 03 April 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Check the Command Chair, Hotfixes incoming, some may be stealth patched others due Friday.

I will check that out, thanks

#4 Blackfire87

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hot fixes are great but that does not address the issue of PGI's complete lack of QA and code management. Each Patch seems to be progressiveness worse. I have always been a huge supporter of PGI. They brought back Mechwarrior, but now I am starting to lose faith in this company.

#5 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostBlackfire87, on 03 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hot fixes are great but that does not address the issue of PGI's complete lack of QA and code management. Each Patch seems to be progressiveness worse. I have always been a huge supporter of PGI. They brought back Mechwarrior, but now I am starting to lose faith in this company.

all of this is addressed here:
http://mwomercs.com/...-issues-update/

pay attention to the command chair, theyre communicating a lot more information that previously...

#6 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Postyashmack, on 03 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

all of this is addressed here:
http://mwomercs.com/...-issues-update/

pay attention to the command chair, theyre communicating a lot more information that previously...

So you really believe that all of the problems listed by Kataris are going to be fixed on Friday? Remember, these problems have been around for over 8 months and likely longer. Furthermore, per the command post you refer to: "To summarize, the hanging at the end of matches, one of the black screen issues, the double listing on scoreboards and one cause of crashing mid game have been identified and are being actively hot fixed." So by that account alone, no not everything is being addressed as you state. Some things may be addressed, but many of the same issues will persist as they have continued to up until this point.

Our team attempted to have practice tonight, and there wasn't a single drop in two hours that we didn't have 2-4 people with some type of problem. Whether that is HUD, minimap, IFF, graphic errors (My favorite is the solid mech color bug, especially on frozen colony with the building/terrain texture bug is present as well. Both mech and walls/terrain are the same color), CTD, etc. The last four drops we played one mech short due to crash to desktop problems. I'm not expecting a stable build any time soon.

Edited by Snailio, 03 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#7 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

no, im saying theyre addressing the issues and posted about it
in fact in that post they dont say they will have all issues fixed by friday, they said specifically which ones will be and which ones they are still working on

since yesterday morning the only issues I ran into were my mech not being released and some rubberbanding, other than that its game on and no lock ups or crashes...

Edited by yashmack, 03 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#8 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postyashmack, on 03 April 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

in fact in that post they dont say they will have all issues fixed by friday, they said specifically which ones will be and which ones they are still working on

since yesterday morning the only issues I ran into were my mech not being released and some rubberbanding, other than that its game on and no lock ups or crashes...

Glad you are having such "few" issues... Meanwhile the game is largely unplayable in the 8-man queue because 2-4 players each round have some type of bug. And while not a bug, that is not even mentioning getting "Failed to Find Match" in the middle of primetime hours (930pm ET).

Edited by Snailio, 03 April 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#9 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

View Postyashmack, on 03 April 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Everyone I play the game with is experiencing the issues discussed above on a regular basis. It is not machine specific.

#10 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostKataris, on 03 April 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Everyone I play the game with is experiencing the issues discussed above on a regular basis. It is not machine specific.

it easily could be as there are also plenty of people who do not have issues...
Im not saying there are no bugs in the game but...
have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game?
this would be the first step I would take if the game were giving me the issues mentioned

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I reinstalled after scorched earth uninstall. Then I did NOT use SweetFX. I dropped over 20 matches, more like 30 or so, not a single issue of any sort at any point. Dunno what to tell you.

#12 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 April 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

I reinstalled after scorched earth uninstall. Then I did NOT use SweetFX. I dropped over 20 matches, more like 30 or so, not a single issue of any sort at any point. Dunno what to tell you.

We played 10 matches tonight in the 8 man queue, in every match at least one pilot experienced a game breaking bug. 4 of the 10 matches we had at least 2 pilots experiencing a bug of this nature. You are telling me its just the install? The entire Jade Wolf clan is also experiencing these issues. The game is broken.

#13 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postyashmack, on 03 April 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

it easily could be as there are also plenty of people who do not have issues...
Im not saying there are no bugs in the game but...
have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game?
this would be the first step I would take if the game were giving me the issues mentioned

I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows. I have tried both Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried a system with a GTX 580 on an i7 920. I have tried a system with a GTX Titan and an i5 2500k. I have worked on this for weeks. I am unable to make the client run stable. I have AT&T DSL, and I have TWC Cable. Both connections experience the same problem. I do not experience crashes in SC2, Path of Exile, DayZ, BF3, or Project CARS on both machines. Half of which are in beta, one is a mod.

Edited by Kataris, 03 April 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#14 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Did you consider that many people were tweaking the user.cfg file, or using different textures (such as removal of grainy thermal) prior to this patch, and maybe those files are conflicting with what PGI's done with night vision/Thermal?

#15 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostVxheous, on 03 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Did you consider that many people were tweaking the user.cfg file, or using different textures (such as removal of grainy thermal) prior to this patch, and maybe those files are conflicting with what PGI's done with night vision/Thermal?

This is not an issue when you format, install windows, install all windows updates, then install only mWo to test.

I understand that people on the forums may have completely stable clients, but I have spoken with over 30 people whom I know in game and on Teamspeak who are experiencing this problem. In fact, there is not a person that I group with that does not also crash over an extended play period.

Edited by Kataris, 03 April 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#16 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostKataris, on 03 April 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows. I have tried both Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried a system with a GTX 580 on an i7 920. I have tried a system with a GTX Titan and an i5 2500k. I have worked on this for weeks. I am unable to make the client run stable. I have AT&T DSL, and I have TWC Cable. Both connections experience the same problem. I do not experience crashes in SC2, Path of Exile, DayZ, BF3, or Project CARS on both machines. Half of which are in beta, one is a mod.

what settings are you usually running?

Ive got a FX-4100 processor and a GTS250 video card on win 7 64 bit
I usually run Medium settings without an issue and get 25 to 60 fps in game
I had one crash since the last patch but other than that the only issues Ive run into are rubber banding and that was in a single match only
are you running the 314 nvidia drivers?

also, ive heard in the feedback threads that running medium instead of high seems to be a temporary work around for the kaleidoscopic bug as well as some of the black screen and CTD issues

Edited by yashmack, 03 April 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#17 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

i doubt it's the hardware, but good that you ruled it out. aside from the rubberbanding and teleporting, I only had the no-minimap bug in our first drop. all the other drops I had no bugs. very similar specs to you including TW Cable interwebs.

i feel sad for my friends. :D i run it on very high with vsync on and i just installed the film grain removal file earlier today.

Edited by Stoicblitzer, 03 April 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#18 wuselfuzz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's interesting, that some people have constant issues and some people (including me) only have the occasional HUD bug and drop late into the game.

How about collecting some hard data to isolate the issues?

I suggest this:

https://docs.google....V0E&usp=sharing

#19 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

View Postyashmack, on 03 April 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

what settings are you usually running?

Ive got a FX-4100 processor and a GTS250 video card on win 7 64 bit
I usually run Medium settings without an issue and get 25 to 60 fps in game
I had one crash since the last patch but other than that the only issues Ive run into are rubber banding and that was in a single match only
are you running the 314 nvidia drivers?

also, ive heard in the feedback threads that running medium instead of high seems to be a temporary work around for the kaleidoscopic bug as well as some of the black screen and CTD issues

I run in medium and experience all of the bugs you mention... and more. Love the new reticle bug, of which I've actually seen two. One is arm reticle is locked into torso reticle as if arm lock is enabled, yet it is actually disabled. The reticle stays locked, and the arms are unlocked, so you have no way to aim your arm weapons. The other is seeing the arm reticle locked out to the left of the screen, very far maxed left, and there is no way to return it to center. Saw this bug at the beginning of the match, so I re-enabled arm lock so that I could still aim the arm weapons with the torso reticle. Arm reticle stayed hard left of screen the entire match... Maybe one day we will get a stable build, and then perhaps we will actually get new features implemented that dont bring bugs along with them.

View PostVxheous, on 03 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

I havent, but I have considered that someone posting on these forums blaming players for issues that are caused by bad coding is possibly on the payroll of PGI

Edited by Snailio, 04 April 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#20 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postwuselfuzz, on 03 April 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

It's interesting, that some people have constant issues and some people (including me) only have the occasional HUD bug and drop late into the game.

How about collecting some hard data to isolate the issues?

I suggest this:

https://docs.google....V0E&usp=sharing

Requires private access. I am going to be playing on a friend's computer tonight and see if there is any difference.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users