Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I am guessing July.

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

It's simple. I did the patch and suddenly I was having TONS of bugs. Almost unplayable, HUD bugs almost every game (probably a product of memory leaks).

So I scorched earth and reinstalled, which reminded me I'd removed film grain and done SweetFX. Rather than reinstall those I did put my favorite user.cfg modifications back in and fired it up.

Now a good 50+ drops later and no issues. Not a single one. No FPS issues, no memory leaks (that I've seen, haven't had a 4 hour solid run yet) no HUD bugs, nothing.

So I'm putting up with film grain (I still say it degrades the value of the spectacular visuals of the game) and enjoying the game running like a champ.

#23 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostBlackfire87, on 03 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hot fixes are great but that does not address the issue of PGI's complete lack of QA and code management. Each Patch seems to be progressiveness worse. I have always been a huge supporter of PGI. They brought back Mechwarrior, but now I am starting to lose faith in this company.

Read the command chair. They acknowledge testing issues and have put some processes in play to smooth them out.

I do have to agree, however... this last patch has made things really buggy. The minimap and the warping... very strange.

At least it's been noticed and is being addressed.

#24 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 April 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

It's simple. I did the patch and suddenly I was having TONS of bugs. Almost unplayable, HUD bugs almost every game (probably a product of memory leaks).

So I scorched earth and reinstalled, which reminded me I'd removed film grain and done SweetFX. Rather than reinstall those I did put my favorite user.cfg modifications back in and fired it up.

Now a good 50+ drops later and no issues. Not a single one. No FPS issues, no memory leaks (that I've seen, haven't had a 4 hour solid run yet) no HUD bugs, nothing.

So I'm putting up with film grain (I still say it degrades the value of the spectacular visuals of the game) and enjoying the game running like a champ.

I had issues with that stupid SweetFX bullcrap. A while ago I did a full reinstall and the crashes I'm sure that were associated with it went away,.

#25 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostBlackfire87, on 03 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hot fixes are great but that does not address the issue of PGI's complete lack of QA and code management. Each Patch seems to be progressiveness worse. I have always been a huge supporter of PGI. They brought back Mechwarrior, but now I am starting to lose faith in this company.

There is your problem. You should provide facts instead of just feeling. I can tell you that aside from this patch, the previous patches had a lot of improvement over their predecessors in regards to balancing, bug fixes and map making.

#26 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

maps have been tweaked. Stones added in places, cap points dug out of the sand on Tourmaline, little tweaks. Look around, you'll see other stuff that's been done.

#27 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 April 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

There is your problem. You should provide facts instead of just feeling. I can tell you that aside from this patch, the previous patches had a lot of improvement over their predecessors in regards to balancing, bug fixes and map making.

Our team, Paragon, has held practice the past three nights in the 8 man queue,playing 12-15 total players throughout those days. I can say, for a fact, at least 2-4 people had some type of bug (HUD, graphical, minimap, IFF, younameit, etc) every single drop. Not a single drop had less than 2 out of 8 players affected.And that is no feeling, that is fact. I just assumed that PGI ninajed in a new Hardcore game mode that prevented the use of the minimap? The game has never been more unstable.

Edited by Snailio, 04 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#28 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 April 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

maps have been tweaked. Stones added in places, cap points dug out of the sand on Tourmaline, little tweaks. Look around, you'll see other stuff that's been done.

Right, but with each iteration we see a bug or two swept under the rug, but then 4 new ones emerge. My frustration stems from the fact that these HUD bugs have persisted in builds since I started playing. It reminds me of a project I did in college where each developer has their own version of the code and implements changes on that version. Then when they have to merge the changes, they are unable to maintain the fixes and old bugs reappear. I understand these bugs appear intermittently and are difficult to reproduce in the lab, but sometimes I wish the guys at PGI would play the game on live servers more frequently and in longer intervals so that they too can experience how unstable the client is.

#29 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: MWOClient.exe
Application Version: 3.4.1.4418
Application Timestamp: 5159ffd5
Hang Signature: a9c2

Freshly installed Windows 7 64 bit, freshly installed MWO, latest and greatest AMD video drivers... third drop of the day, app hang crash. sigh...

#30 coolnames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Since the patch, almost (and I mean like 90%) every single game I play has one of the following hud issues:
  • no minimap
  • minimap texture is rainbow color
  • minimap is stationary
  • minimap has no topography texture and all mech icons are lumped up and stationary
  • mech name is wwwwwww for all mechs
  • mech name is wwwwwww just for my mech
  • triangles signifying friendlies and enemies are not there, but still can target enemies
  • cap point progress colors on HUD are reversed
  • no hud at all..and a mech shutdown/powerup does not fix

Also, I have noticed a great deal of visual teleporting since the patch. My game still runs at 40-60fps and my ping is still 50-120. This happens when playing and when spectating teammates.

I have not crashed yet, which is good.

This is all very noticeable since I played a crapload over last weekend because of the XP bonuses...with maybe 30% hud issues and a crash every 10-15 or so games.

Have been using 314.07 geforce drivers.

#31 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

View Postcoolnames, on 05 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Since the patch, almost (and I mean like 90%) every single game I play has one of the following hud issues:
  • no minimap
  • minimap is stationary
  • minimap has no topography texture and all mech icons are lumped up and stationary
  • triangles signifying friendlies and enemies are not there, but still can target enemies
Also, I have noticed a great deal of visual teleporting since the patch. My game still runs at 40-60fps and my ping is still 50-120. This happens when playing and when spectating teammates.

This is all very noticeable since I played a crapload over last weekend because of the XP bonuses...with maybe 30% hud issues and a crash every 10-15 or so games.

Yep, seeing all of those problems too, as is everyone I play with, along with hard lock app hangs and crash to desktops, crash back to mechlab, etc. Furthermore, the wwwwwwwwwww bug you speak of typically comes with the failure of your own paper doll to update. It doesn't register any damage you take onto the paper doll, so you don't know what your health status is.

#32 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Next? :)

#33 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostRocket Puppy, on 03 April 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Check the Command Chair, Hotfixes incoming, some may be stealth patched others due Friday.

Todays patch brought me the black screen of death, unless they released a pure black map and painted the interior of my mech black for laughs. Yes that must be it, April FOOLS.

Is there a paint remover unlock?

#34 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Let's have a couple of laughs guys. The weekend of non activity is coming.

#35 AnubiteGroove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I didn't see the devs mention anything about the map bugs, friends disappearing from radar when you are not looking at them, and friends who appear as foes. These are by far the most game-crippling bugs.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the damage meter not working bug... Check it.
Posted Image

Edited by AnubiteGroove, 05 April 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#36 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostAnubiteGroove, on 05 April 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I didn't see the devs mention anything about the map bugs, friends disappearing from radar when you are not looking at them, and friends who appear as foes. These are by far the most game-crippling bugs.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the damage meter not working bug... Check it.
Posted Image

And whatever "fixes" that were allegedly coming today have in no way helped my personal performance... It's as bad, if not worse, than it was prior. I haven't had a single drop post-today's patch without some type of bug

#37 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostSnailio, on 05 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

And whatever "fixes" that were allegedly coming today have in no way helped my personal performance... It's as bad, if not worse, than it was prior. I haven't had a single drop post-today's patch without some type of bug

I too am still experiencing the bugs that were said to be fixed in the command chair. Are we not providing enough feedback to development to help resolve these bugs? Can somebody point me to somewhere on the forums where the bugs are actually being discussed in detail with feedback from developers? I have looked into the testing areas before but was unable to find them. I will search again.

Edited by Kataris, 06 April 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#38 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostRocket Puppy, on 03 April 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Check the Command Chair, Hotfixes incoming, some may be stealth patched others due Friday.

I am still experiencing CTD issues after Friday, are you?

#39 Kataris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

View Postcoolnames, on 05 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

• no minimap
  • minimap is stationary

I am also on the 314 drivers and am experiencing the same issues. Last night I saw lights literally teleporting over 75 meters every 3 seconds or so.

#40 Snailio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

Still experiencing all previous bugs, CTD, and app hang

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users