28 replies to this topic

#1 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

I am not sure if this is a product of the missile hotfix released after the patch before this one, but myself and others have noticed that Streaks are only, or the vast majority of times, hitting the center torso of the targeted mech. I have observed this both as the targeted mech and the targeting mech. I thought it would be fixed with this patch, but it hasn't. It seems pretty obvious that it's happening when one or two Streak carriers get on you and immediately borrow through only your CT, so I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this?

And I was curious as to when you are going to stop letting Artemis be equipped to SSRMs? This has been a known exploit for several weeks if not months now. While it doesn't show up in the ammo or launcher like it does with LRMs, the targeting time is noticeably reduced. It seems like something that has slipped past Thomas.

Edited by BlueSanta, 04 April 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#2 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

I completely agree with everything you just said. In fact, I just started a post about streaks ONLY hitting CT too. It's really, really annoying.

#3 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, I see this too. I'm trying (painfully) to level up an SDR-5K, and any time I go up against a Raven I get killed by Streaks coring my CT without any of the other hit locations even having their armour breached.

It really needs fixing.

#4 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for your replies. This topic is in the patch feedback thread, so hopefully it will be noticed. That's the place to post something like this. If you hear of anyone else experiencing the same thing, please direct them here.

#5 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Bump for great justice! Or bug fixes. Great bug fixes is an acceptable replacement for justice.

#6 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Some people like cupcakes better. I, for one, care less for them.

And Streaks still need to be fixed.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

This patch has not addressed streaks at all (let alone missiles in general).

If you read the hotfix notes on why missiles were nerfed in general.. is because ALL lock-on missiles targeted the CT (including LRMs).

There is no actual ETA on when they'll figure out what is causing this to occur.

#8 Helix

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Definitely having this experience as well. If anything with streaks gets within 270 m I have sad times.

#9 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

I've seen this also in my Jenner

#10 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 06 April 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

This patch has not addressed streaks at all (let alone missiles in general).

If you read the hotfix notes on why missiles were nerfed in general.. is because ALL lock-on missiles targeted the CT (including LRMs).

There is no actual ETA on when they'll figure out what is causing this to occur.

Incorrect. When they removed splash completely in testing, they found missiles were hitting the CT. They did not remove splash completely because of this, so I thought, but it is happening. Paul mentioned the work on missile grouping sepately, in what sounded to me like an effort to remove splash eventually.

#11 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I just responded to a thread about the 3L and how it's OP. Everyone was claiming it has to do with ECM, I disagree, I think it has to do with the Ravens amount of torso twist and the Streaks always hitting CT, regardless of you using an arm to block. I've even had the streaks hit me front CT when my rear was facing the raven! Streaks need to work differently, impact damage should be where they hit not magically hit an arm and transfer all damage to CT.

#12 Luxan

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

I can confirm, streaks are hitting the CT almost every time now.

#13 Ronin Cahill

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

i see multiple flashes on my radar on opponent mech parts, thus they are hitting other parts for me. i have watched the spread pattern as well and they tend to hit torso sides and ct most with the odd arm.
Ronin

#14 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Not only are they going for the CT but on smaller mechs I think the other part of the problem is the splash is allowing them to damage both the front ct and back ct simultaneously on some mechs.

They are light mech melters and the 3L abusers know this. The 3L problem is still two-fold... ECM keeps others from streaking them back and then they abuse the streak button to win without trying.

Thankfully state-rewind has allowed Jenner pilots to negate this somewhat with good aim--but it isn't perfect. It is still a huge hill to climb to win against the cheese.

#15 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 04 April 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

I completely agree with everything you just said. In fact, I just started a post about streaks ONLY hitting CT too. It's really, really annoying.

Yep I saw that too.. tonight I've been exping my CDA-2A (6 ml, I should melt 3L's or 2D's) instead they have 2 or 3 nice streaks that just keep hitting my ct no matter what I do and I die with the rest of the mech that's barely scratched at all.

#16 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Here's how my death screen damage readout usually looks after a tussle with a Streak-toting opponent:

Posted Image

In this particular case it was a Medium Laser that got the killing blow, but it was Streaks that did that damage to my CT.

Edited by stjobe, 09 April 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#17 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 09 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yep I saw that too.. tonight I've been exping my CDA-2A (6 ml, I should melt 3L's or 2D's) instead they have 2 or 3 nice streaks that just keep hitting my ct no matter what I do and I die with the rest of the mech that's barely scratched at all.

QFT, CDA-2A with 5 Med lasers and tag, getting owned by any 3L on the field. It's not the ECM that's my problem. It's the damn streaks damaging CT only!

#18 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

View Poststjobe, on 09 April 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Here's how my death screen damage readout usually looks after a tussle with a Streak-toting opponent:

It's exactly how it looks my paperdoll after almost any encounter with anything bearing streaks. And when I own the puny, I usually can't pick up any other fight because my CT is so critical that if I just get touched the collision would kill me.

What's absurd is that even if I torso twist or turn heels, I keep getting hit in the CT even from the sides!

#19 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

It's absurd how some people still refuse to completely acknowledge that this is happening to ALL mechs, not just lights, although they are the ones most affected by it. I would really like to hear a dev like Matt or Thomas acknowledge that this is happening and that it will be fixed.

#20 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I've asked after this in "Ask The Devs 36", so hopefully they'll be kind enough to respond.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users