Super-Frequent In-Game Crashes

13 replies to this topic

#1 Nexus Six

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Out of my last 4 games, I've had 3 freeze during the match. Very frustrating.

I can still Alt-Tab and start Task Manager; MWO is showing as Not Responding. Tabbing back = black screen. Does not seem to recover.

Got the newest NVIDIA drivers, and updated everything from the Mobo firmware, chipset drivers etc. Everything else is stabel in my system.

#2 Spydattack

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

You and me both, been complaining VIA email for weeks now. They keep releasing money making items but not those that fix the things keeping those from playing that already paid for the game. FIX THIS CRAP!!!!

#3 C12AZyED

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

This crash has been happening to many ever since the Feb 5th patch, and still it has not been squashed. The total crash/hard-lock seems to occur when multiple LRMs collide with something at the same time.

There is only one solution, it works but its quite unsatisfactory.

Go to your mechwarrior online root folder and find the User.cfg

Open it and type in : sys_MaxFPS=45

This will limit your framerate to ~45 FPS which somehow causes the crash to no longer occur.

The lame part is that your framerate is capped, so if you have a system that can run the game at 80+ frames then its quite annoying.

#4 Troy Gardenhire

• PipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCologne, GERMANY / Stockholm, SWEDEN

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Unfortunately even this seems not to work always.

I tryed it and in the very next game I had the freeze again. (no, I was not running a mech with LRM) :blink:

#5 Wingmann OT

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Try this:

- Install MSI Afterburner and activate the automatic fan manager with the default curve.
- Delete your shaders folder for good measure.

#6 Nexus Six

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostC12AZyED, on 05 April 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

This crash has been happening to many ever since the Feb 5th patch, and still it has not been squashed. The total crash/hard-lock seems to occur when multiple LRMs collide with something at the same time.

There is only one solution, it works but its quite unsatisfactory.

Go to your mechwarrior online root folder and find the User.cfg

Open it and type in : sys_MaxFPS=45

This will limit your framerate to ~45 FPS which somehow causes the crash to no longer occur.

The lame part is that your framerate is capped, so if you have a system that can run the game at 80+ frames then its quite annoying.

Thanks - will give that a go!

#7 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

You do not need to set it to 45, I have it set to 50 and have no issues.

I would venture to guess anything below 60 would be fine.

#8 Elric

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA USA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

I also have frequent game freezes (see my sig for system specs).
This week I will try disabling the Windows Aero theme, like mentioned in this thread.
http://mwomercs.com/...e-windows-aero/

#9 ecued

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 192 posts
  • LocationExit 7A

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

since this latest patch, the frequency has quadrupled. i thought it was because i have an older machine but appearently i'm not the only one. this needs immediate attention.

#10 jameschord

Rookie

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

My screen freezes but I can hear the game playing, weapons firing, etc. Just no more video updates.

This happens in about half the matches I play and it's random as to when... sometimes within the first few seconds of game play, sometimes toward the end of the match.

If I sit and listen to the match end or my mech is destroyed while I'm staring at the last frame the game drew, the game mouse cursor will appear, but no menus or anything, just the cursor - which I can move but nothing else.

Edited by jameschord, 01 August 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#11 Deedsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

I've had that happen a number of times to me as well, though in this latest incident of the client crashing, I just got the message "session was lost".

#12 Rumble Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

A recent thing (crash) had 3rd one just 10min ago resigned in funny thing is mech was ready seems to me someone is mad

#13 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

I have been having this freeze a lot too. If you can still hear some game sounds (explosions, engine movement etc) CTRL ALT DEL for the blue screen to come up and then canceling has working. ALT TAB never worked for me

#14 Duke Nukum

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

I just had this "screen freeze with sound" happen for the first time today (ten seconds into the match), as soon as it happened I alt+tab'd and was able to see the MWO mouse icon and move it, though I was unable to see the menu options. On top of that I went to perfmon and verified my computer was running like a champ, the CPU was at 14%, memory at 4/12 GB and MWO was responding without lockup, so I checked the link speed and verified I was sending and receiving fine. **UPDATE** It Seems now that I had this happen once it's happening every game, but I was able to get it to respond after hitting ctrl+alt then ctrl+alt+del then cancel the task manager followed by clicking on the MWO screen, it's even happened three times in one game and I was able to recover!

Edited by ReliAntHerO, 12 August 2013 - 08:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users