71 replies to this topic

#41 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostIcepick, on 05 April 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

Ouch. The graphics tearing at 4:50 on the coconut monkey.

/facepalm

its an older build thers a **** load ofrubberbanding

#42 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

I dont get it...how can you control a front if you don't fight for possession of the planets they are on/border?

Seems like we'll be stuck fighting on the same (6-?) whaterver maps for the duration of CW?

Edited by Phalanx100bc, 05 April 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#43 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Really loving these video interviews. Really excited for CW. Sounds like its coming together nicely

#44 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

View PostPhalanx100bc, on 05 April 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

I dont get it...how can you control a front if you don't fight for possession of the planets they are on/border?

Seems like we'll be stuck fighting on the same (6-?) whaterver maps for the duration of CW?

Its abstracted away

Kurita/Davion fight over front A in their matches. Whichever team gets to some threshold (think tickets earned for each game played) "wins" the front and gains the passive bonuses.

Edited by irony1999, 05 April 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#45 Barghest Whelp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationIn a loophole

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostTennex, on 05 April 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

i'm sure they can't deny the more essential weapons though. the ER laser example just because its not really used that much

ad wont have a massive impact on builds

Well, actually, there was mention of having certain custom makes of weapons based on manufacturer. I believe the vanila versions which we are currently using will always be available, but access to the custom versions unlock when a planet is taken.

At least, that's my take on it.

#46 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 05 April 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

I liked the part where Ekman called the community the canary bird when it comes to balance. So when the community dies, then PGI reacts. I don't think he thought that metafore through :angry:.

Oh, he thought it through completely. The error he made was in admitting that's how it actually works.

#47 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Bryan also thinks the problem with ECM was that you couldn't shoot Ravens reliably?

#48 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View Postwarner2, on 05 April 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Bryan also thinks the problem with ECM was that you couldn't shoot Ravens reliably?

Well that was one of the problems.

#49 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostThontor, on 05 April 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Amazing what knowing the questions ahead of time can do :angry:

Thanks GargoyleKDR and irony1999 for the great summarys

Hmm, a likely story. Even more likely, sorcery.

#50 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

View Postwarner2, on 05 April 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

they fixed laser weapons and nerfed sSRMs and ravens still dominate. you'd expect to see dedicated damage light mechs like the Jenner return to power. a mech equipted with ECM should be a scout/support. not best in class.

Edited by Tennex, 05 April 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#51 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Can't wait, it's like being a kid at Xmas. I gonna ask to be put into a coma until com warfare drops. It would be cool to see house specific hard points and preferred weapon, armour and gear load outs. The clic base mechwarrior game had unique or common load outs for each faction and you could alter your load out to counter these.

#52 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

I loved the "aggressive prototype" line.

#53 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostTennex, on 05 April 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

they fixed laser weapons and nerfed sSRMs and ravens still dominate. you'd expect to see dedicated damage light mechs like the Jenner return to power. a mech equipted with ECM should be a scout/support. not best in class.

Not really. I managed to kill 2 ravens fighting me on my own in a jagermech as an example. Now that their hitboxes are fixed and we have laser rewind it can be easy.

Now that I think about it I've done 2 v 1 against Ravens twice so far and won both in a slow heavy. 2nd time they hurt me a lot but I still killed both.

Edited by jakucha, 05 April 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#54 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Access to items? Technology?
Color me terrified. My fear is that if I don't log on or play often enough or join a house, my mechs will be inferior.

There is nothing worth panicking about. But reason to be nervous.
And yeah, I also wonder about having a large enough population to support all the queues. But it could still be fun. And it could be well done and work.

Just hope they fix the bugs, add a real tutorial, and have a really successful launch.

And that house Kurita wins, obviously.

Personally I'm hoping I can play for a faction as a team or solo, progress, only play an hour or two a week and still have access to the best mechs & weapons, and have 2 min queues. As long as it has that, I'm happy.

I don"t think I can do merc corp .. but I really hope that takes off in a good way too. It could be cool ... or terrible because it becomes required to get er mls.

#55 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostTennex, on 05 April 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I know we're getting off topic here, but I don't believe they dominate. The community is just sloth-like when it comes to change. I am also of the opinion that the 8-man comp teams are often more behind the times than the PuG matches because there is so much emphasis on bringing established builds. On most try-hard teams there is a lot of pressure to conform to "the meta" and unless there is some knee-jerk reaction to a patch, it's difficult to argue that "the meta" is wrong.

Even prior to the missile nerf, Jenner has been coming back in a big way. If you don't care about specific group compositions (ex: 2-2-2-2), then I would argue you are better off with two fast medium/heavy.

I'm just gonna leave it at this, because we're off topic and I'm not looking to get into another theory crafting argument.

#56 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostViper69, on 05 April 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The house who controls double heatsink production rules the galaxy.

and jumpjet production

View PostTexas Merc, on 05 April 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

OK just to point out a thing that happened in old MW games. Each team had a repair base that could be destroyed. It was called a mobile repair base. If your mech was damaged you could go back to it and repair and re arm w/o respawning, but the thing is that base could be destroyed(it had hitpoints) Why MWO doesn't have a game mode with this is I dunno its kinda stupid. It added a bit of strategy to the game and there were no cap points If your team lost the MRB and couldn't repair then got destroyed it was game over

arrow, when it comes out, would win every round, or the longest range direct shot with a ER PPC that kills the repair base ...

Edited by EvangelionUnit, 05 April 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#57 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

I think one of the bonuses of being the leading house should be to get exclusive use of the most expensive and because of that of course the greatest weapon, the LB10-X! :)

Edited by armyof1, 05 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#58 KingDerp

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

They cannot even fix the graphic and hud bugs....

One step forward, two steps back is the PGI way.

MWO will be on life support in a 6-8 months, unless they hire someone outside
of their relatives who actually knows how to debug and write proper code.

#59 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostDanNashe, on 05 April 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Access to items? Technology?
Color me terrified. My fear is that if I don't log on or play often enough or join a house, my mechs will be inferior.

Imagine loosing access to DHS or Medium Lasers...or ECM.

THE HORROR!

#60 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well I'm glad we have some awnsers to all those questions we raised over the weekend. I'm just a little disapointed that PGI didn't bring this kind of information to light beforehand.On the otherhand it looks if CW will be as they had originally planned, with the bonus of catering to many types of players.

For those that think you'll not be able to find a match - How the frick do you know? Do you have the numbers? do you have inside information? Do you even know what defines who gets matched with who?
No! So quit being such "freakers". Man over react much you guys? Take a Valium.

On another note, I wonder how many House focused groups there will be versus Mercs fighting the edge of space.
Ferderated Commonweath is going to crush all! Well we have the numbers anyway ;)

Edited by Slater01, 05 April 2013 - 02:30 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users