Pc Gamers Interview. House Play/artemis/occulus/etc

71 replies to this topic

#61 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thank God, an interviewer who's not derailing the interview talking about how people get into the game industry! Letting him actually talk!

#62 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Didn't really seem like much of the information was terribly new or unexpected to me. Good to hear either way as the CW front has been quiet though the Fronts seemed new. Liking the idea that House players will mostly be fighting over territory and not terribly concerned over specific planets. Though I hope the fronts aren't as simple as "Davion/Kurita Front" or at least if it they are we can see progress with a map.

I'd like to feel like I'm taking systems even if I'm not picking which ones specifically.

Kind of hoping mercenaries can actually fight House defenders/aggressors as well though. Seems weird for them to only fight other mercenaries.

#63 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Also, the community REALLY REALLY does not like regional sharding. Avoid it at all costs or make it a per-boot option. I'd be really upset if our EU players suddenly got forced into breaking off from us because of it!

#64 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 05 April 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Thank God, an interviewer who's not derailing the interview talking about how people get into the game industry! Letting him actually talk!

I'm pretty impressed with how PC Gamer has tackled Mechwarrior Online. You can tell that there is some real passion for this game from the company's staff.

Edited by Jman5, 05 April 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#65 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostJman5, on 05 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

I'm pretty impressed with how PC Gamer has tackled Mechwarrior Online. You can tell that there is some real passion for this game from the company's staff.

Ya, it explains why someone so young and with bad hair ;) is the Executive Pulisher at PC Gamer

#66 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Things I'd like clarified about CW from this and previous GDC interviews:

1) Will there be no in-game (read drops/matches) between lone wolves, house players, and merc corp players?
2) Will lone wolves and house players NOT have access to new mechs and technology that are accessible to merc corp players?

#67 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostMightyMeatShield, on 05 April 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

1) Will there be no in-game (read drops/matches) between lone wolves, house players, and merc corp players?
2) Will lone wolves and house players NOT have access to new mechs and technology that are accessible to merc corp players?

I think Lone Wolves (who may drop into House & Merc battles), House Players and Mercs will all have access to cool stuff. It just how its acquired is different. Everyone will still have Loyalty Points (i think) that will give them access to cool stuff. But perhaps the difference is that each House and each Merc company will have access to group based perks.

I personaly think that Clan tech and mechs will only be acquired by Mercs Companies taking missions/drops verses the Houses.

Oh look - its a can of worms!

#68 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

This concerns me as well ... Mercs and Lone Wolves should get some sort of reward for fighting for the houses that they don't get otherwise. The trouble is making the incentive worth it ... IMO it should be more important than fighting other Merc Corps for their territory.

While I have not jumped on the "don't fragment the community" bandwagon, yet ... we need some clarification on this.

#69 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

I really liked the part where Russ said "green is good and red is bad" about the mechbay rules. Starts around 1:35 in case you weren't paying attention.

#70 Rattlehead NZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAuckland New Zealand

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 05 April 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Also, the community REALLY REALLY does not like regional sharding. Avoid it at all costs or make it a per-boot option. I'd be really upset if our EU players suddenly got forced into breaking off from us because of it!

I really enjoy playing on the US servers with everyone. The last thing i would want is to be forced onto a local server where there are a limited amount of players and have that server die off because of a lack of users (which happens our way alot).

Also that was old footage as you can tell from the end of match system and how the mechs were glowing :D

#71 Rattlehead NZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAuckland New Zealand

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostThontor, on 07 April 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

You won't be forced to move to the regional servers. You can stay on the NA server to play with your friends.. you'll just have to deal with the higher ping.

MWO has the best ping system ive seen for an fps and im happy to stay on US servers. Though in the video they said they dont want to IP block people but they don't know yet. I doubt they will but hey ... 3rd person view and coolent flush here we come!! lol

#72 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

a good way to stomp out the community before it starts. is to have no support for community play.

private game making has kept games like MW4 MW3 alive without content updates.

community IS free content.

Edited by Tennex, 07 April 2013 - 07:50 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users