46 replies to this topic

#1 Bfvmg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationThe NightSide

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

That has gone into Rehab!

Seriously, I have been playing MWO for about a year now.
I LOVE this game!
I have spend over $1000 on MWO. I know, Its beta and I should NOT have spent that much.
I Love this game.
I have consistently edified MWO and PGI in the face of relentless criticism.
I LOVE THIS GAME!
Some say I have low standards. Or that I am easily pleased, and that is, quite possibly, true. I want to play this game, I want to enjoy piloting a mech in Battle
I Love this game!

Through good and bad, I have played this game.
Until this last patch.

I keep getting let down patch after patch. And this last patch is an obvious money grab from PGI that not only did NOT provide new content (I don’t consider a new mech content, this game should be renamed "Plenty 'o Mechs") but introduced a LOT of errors itself. Let me repeat...NO CONTENT - MORE ERRORS! But the patch DID introduce the most expensive Hero Mech yet, and plenty of "Other things" to spend your hard earned RL$ on.

(Syllogy, PGi is not a charity, but at least lets provide value for the money (oh, and Capitalism only works if you do LOL).
And it's not about if I can do their job or not, it's about how well they have provided a service or product for the money, and the answer right now is "Not Very Well")

I personally know at least 30 people that have quit this game now because of a severe lack of content, unbalancing, and other reasons. This should be troubling, because ALL of them were founding members. And they Quit because PGI is grabbing money and not providing content.

1. More content in this game. Maps. Missions.
2. Head to Head is broken or in "Easy missile" mode, and its just not fun anymore. More content and maybe a PVE mode with missions would go a long way to fix this. Perhaps openworld missions like "Firefall" or "Defiance" in a Mech...
3. Matchmaking is broken, and nothing is being done about it. When Groups of "Up to 8" were in closed Beta, it was great. This <4 or =8 man grouping needs to be fixed, ASAP! Limiting the grouping like they did went a long way to enraging a LOT of players. But a lot of us kept playing anyway.
4. IMO, ECM (and Matchmaking-see above) broke the game. It all started to go downhill with those two items.
5. I am going to say this again for the cheap seats - MORE CONTENT. Not More "Mechs and stuff to purchase!"

Now, I know I didn’t have to post this thread, and most of you don’t care whether I leave the game or not. But I felt the need to speak up, and to explain a little. Most of you will now flame me, and attempt to burn me in effigy. That’s fine, flame away. I will not be examining this thread, or the forums, for a long while.

For most this will be TL:DR but will flame me and others anyway, so have at it Mechwarriors. I offer myself up to the Great Houses as a whipping boy, for bringing up problems that you all know are there, but are unwilling to admit. At least I have the courage to speak up.

#2 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

What do you even spend 1000 dollars ON?

#3 GonZo626

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOutreach (Edmonton, Alberta)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

That's what I was wondering.

#4 Eshayz Lad

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I also spent $1000 or so.. On mechs I wouldnt play, 50 mech bays, all heros, etc.. At the beginning I thought more custom would make a better game, but I realised that it wasn't the case either.

Oh well, lesson learned.

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostBfvmg, on 03 April 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

That has gone into Rehab!

Seriously, I have been playing MWO for about a year now.
I LOVE this game!
I have spend over $1000 on MWO. I know, Its beta and I should NOT have spent that much.
I Love this game.
I have consistently edified MWO and PGI in the face of relentless criticism.
I LOVE THIS GAME!
Some say I have low standards. Or that I am easily pleased, and that is, quite possibly, true. I want to play this game, I want to enjoy piloting a mech in Battle
I Love this game!

Through good and bad, I have played this game.
Until this last patch.

I keep getting let down patch after patch. And this last patch is an obvious money grab from PGI that not only did NOT provide new content (I don’t consider a new mech content, this game should be renamed "Plenty 'o Mechs") but introduced a LOT of errors itself. Let me repeat...NO CONTENT - MORE ERRORS! But the patch DID introduce the most expensive Hero Mech yet, and plenty of "Other things" to spend your hard earned RL$ on.

(Syllogy, PGi is not a charity, but at least lets provide value for the money (oh, and Capitalism only works if you do LOL).
And it's not about if I can do their job or not, it's about how well they have provided a service or product for the money, and the answer right now is "Not Very Well")

I personally know at least 30 people that have quit this game now because of a severe lack of content, unbalancing, and other reasons. This should be troubling, because ALL of them were founding members. And they Quit because PGI is grabbing money and not providing content.

1. More content in this game. Maps. Missions.
2. Head to Head is broken or in "Easy missile" mode, and its just not fun anymore. More content and maybe a PVE mode with missions would go a long way to fix this. Perhaps openworld missions like "Firefall" or "Defiance" in a Mech...
3. Matchmaking is broken, and nothing is being done about it. When Groups of "Up to 8" were in closed Beta, it was great. This <4 or =8 man grouping needs to be fixed, ASAP! Limiting the grouping like they did went a long way to enraging a LOT of players. But a lot of us kept playing anyway.
4. IMO, ECM (and Matchmaking-see above) broke the game. It all started to go downhill with those two items.
5. I am going to say this again for the cheap seats - MORE CONTENT. Not More "Mechs and stuff to purchase!"

Now, I know I didn’t have to post this thread, and most of you don’t care whether I leave the game or not. But I felt the need to speak up, and to explain a little. Most of you will now flame me, and attempt to burn me in effigy. That’s fine, flame away. I will not be examining this thread, or the forums, for a long while.

For most this will be TL:DR but will flame me and others anyway, so have at it Mechwarriors. I offer myself up to the Great Houses as a whipping boy, for bringing up problems that you all know are there, but are unwilling to admit. At least I have the courage to speak up.

You acknowledge that it is Beta, and then complain how things are still being worked on? Some patches break things more than others. I had a whole month where I CTD every game. But things get fixed.

Keep Calm and Spend On. ;)

#6 Teir Dasande

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 140 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

My confessions of a mechaholic. I will play this game until it dies. I sit on the forums all day at work, laughing at all the qq, and go home and play mechwarrior when im not out with friends, which when i am, all i want to do is go home and play mechwarrior. This game has its issues, but none are 'game breaking'. Match making weight wise is unbalanced, but i dont give a ****, i will kill atlas's all day long. Bugs? I turned on v-sync and fixed the one bug i got most, the texture bug on frozen city. Game has bugs, im sure they are being worked on. Deal with it.

#7 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

250k MC???? wow! I really am curious how you spent all that money, you must have everything unlocked with premium time for 2 years. Maybe you just make a lot of money per hour so its feasible to buy mechs for MC and sell for cbills. I'm sure when the game transitions to a release version they will add a test server, sadly right now we are the test server.

#8 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostBfvmg, on 03 April 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

I Love this game.

View PostEshayz Lad, on 03 April 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

I also spent $1000 or so.. On mechs I wouldnt play, 50 mech bays, all heros, etc.. At the beginning I thought more custom would make a better game, but I realised that it wasn't the case either.

Oh well, lesson learned.

I'm stupefied with how much disposable income some people have.

Edited by ShadowVFX, 03 April 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#9 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I have 45 mechbays, 42 mechs. I have bought a few paints, 2 hero mechs (Ilya and HM) and a couple cockpit items (christmas lights, tree, champaign glasses) and a few patterns. All together I have spent $275 or so. Planning on another $100 next month too.

I can afford it, I play a lot and it is a great value for my money.

I also work a rather unusual job, 84 hours a week (12 hour sift 7 days a week) for 3 months, then I get time off. And I make more than most paramedics out there. Not a lot of people want to be a contractor on military bases in war zones, no matter how much they pay (and the pay is substantial).

They were, literally, paying people 100k a year to sweep floors for 12 hours a day. Medics make more than that. HVAC guys make a LOT more, and an engineer can almost write his own paycheck. But you live in a tent and they shoot mortars at you a couple times a week. It is not a "cushy" job, but it is a great time, great pay and very interesting work.

#10 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 03 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

What do you even spend 1000 dollars ON?

This is a really good question. Just.... WHAT?

#11 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well I guess if you buy every hero mech, every standard mech, most paints and camo and a lot of cockpit items for multiple mechs with MC, you could get up to $1K. Still worthy of a big WTF though.

Edited by armyof1, 03 April 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#12 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Where does one even find MWOahol?

#13 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I've spent too much on this game. Not nearly 1K, but too much. Which is why I'm limiting myself to 35 mechbays (adding more is an option, but only for hero mechs), to save me from myself.

#14 GITorres

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

How much you spend on this game isn't really an issue. The issue is YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. Its a beta, and a broken one at that. I want so badly to have this game work. But PGI has continued to turn a deaf ear to its player base. There are BLATANT issues that remain to be fixed and instead they focus on more filler content or content we DON'T WANT (3rd person perhaps?). PGI needs to square itself away with this game before there is no one to play it. Aimbots, hacks, crash to desktops, freeze ups, rubber banding, and low FPS rates are all there in large supply. At this rate the Merc corps are not going to be there to play in the community warfare. Until they fix the issues, myself and ALOT of others will not be back.

#15 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I did not spent so much money on this game but I do not like any hero mech maybe except YLW just bcuz its YLW but w/o meele combat it is worthless as is new Highlander hero w/o Highlander burrial(DFA).So I spent MC only for mechbays(19 mechs and 20 bays with some MC to spend).
But still I luv this game so much...2832 drops and counting up(not now bcuz I am at work but ya know...).

#16 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostGITorres, on 03 April 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

How much you spend on this game isn't really an issue. The issue is YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. Its a beta, and a broken one at that. I want so badly to have this game work. But PGI has continued to turn a deaf ear to its player base. There are BLATANT issues that remain to be fixed and instead they focus on more filler content or content we DON'T WANT (3rd person perhaps?). PGI needs to square itself away with this game before there is no one to play it. Aimbots, hacks, crash to desktops, freeze ups, rubber banding, and low FPS rates are all there in large supply. At this rate the Merc corps are not going to be there to play in the community warfare. Until they fix the issues, myself and ALOT of others will not be back.

You are so divorced from reality it is actually impressive. Good luck.

#17 ElliottTarson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSomewhere close enough, but far enough away.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 03 April 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

You are so divorced from reality it is actually impressive. Good luck.

OFT

#18 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostShadowVFX, on 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

I'm stupefied with how much disposable income some people have.

That's why we're in a recession LOL

#19 GITorres

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

If I'm so divorced from reality then why are some many people leaving the game?

#20 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

Holy crap dudes! You are the ******** that is the reason why the horrid free to play business model exists. You should be ashamed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users