Uac5, Ac2, And Tag Autohotkey Macros

74 replies to this topic

#61 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

People must get their brain around the fact that its an imperfect video game that needs a sensible framework of rules for everybody to enjoy themselfs. These rules have grown out of countless FPS leagues over the years and admins realised what they could and could not sensibly prove or enforce in game when 1 guy is watching 2 teams play.

Macros are accepted because, be realistic... whats is anybody going to do about it? ban people? haha. exploits, lameness, even boarderline cheating (until whatever it is gets patched) the game is a simulation of a world and its rules apply equally to all players. Thats all you can count on, play your game to the fullest extent that the simulation allows you to.

If you choose not to use macros that is your choice, but you must accept that in that certain situation, whatever it might be, the macro players machine will beat your human abilitys every single time and its perfectly legal. Macros cant adapt but you can.

#62 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostPoptimus Rhyme, on 23 September 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

Macros ARE like steroids, legal, but completely pathetic and only worthless people use this kind of crutch...

Best reply to these kind of topics yet. Kudos for you sir.

#63 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

Macros ARE like steroids, legal, but completely pathetic and only worthless people use this kind of crutch...

"Fire Control, because I'm worthless".
I like that, got a great ring to it. Now let me go jump off a bridge, cause I just cannot stand how pathetic and worthless I am, boo hoo.

#64 Yss

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Pathetic is inability to turn on tag without holding button or change chainfire rate.
Some old games like Quake2 had very advanced customization of graphics and controls via game config files and it was fun. And what do we see now&

Edited by Yss, 24 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#65 uglydisease

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

I agree with BurkeIV I just don't see how you can reasonably expect to be able to enforce some kind of moral code outside of the actual game code. Even if the developers chose to block ahk scripts the mouse and keyboard software that comes with most high quality gaming peripherals have very similar capabilities which would almost certainly fill the gap. Its extremely unlikely that the gaming industry is going to come to any kind of consensus between developers and peripherals manufacturers, which means that its really up to the game developers to ensure that there are not game mechanics that can be badly broken by macros (BTW, in my opinion none of these macros badly brake any game mechanic, though clearly there is an advantage to them on the margins) I've been in games where aimbots and code injecting is widespread its hell, I cant imagine having any where near that kind of experience as a result of these fairly simple macros.

I don't disagree that games need a level playing field I think the problem is that there is no consensus on where that is with respect to macros and until there is such a consensus all this moral suasion and name calling is just hot air.

UPDATE: Just checked the patch notes noticed that it looks like they set the rate of fire for the UAC5 to 1.5 just like the AC5, indicating that they do in fact appear to be addressing the issue with out banning macros.

Edited by uglydisease, 29 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#66 iLegionLord

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

Does this work with the Clan UACs?

#67 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostiLegionLord, on 06 July 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

Does this work with the Clan UACs?

no need imo since they are burst fire already

just doubletap

#68 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostStraften, on 28 April 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

It isn't cheating, it's how it should already work. Why else would anyone ever buy a Jager-DD? This is what that mech does. This macro just allows you to do it until they devs make the game do it without macros.

It is becuase player who use it has advantage over player who does not use it and it breaks the game mechanics!

#69 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

View PostENS Puskin, on 13 July 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

It is becuase player who use it has advantage over player who does not use it and it breaks the game mechanics!

Actually when it comes to fire timing macros, the reverse is true.
Using a timing macro and spreading your shots will only make you have to stare down your target, making you an easier kill.
You are much better off alpha striking.

#70 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostevilC, on 14 July 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

Actually when it comes to fire timing macros, the reverse is true.
Using a timing macro and spreading your shots will only make you have to stare down your target, making you an easier kill.
You are much better off alpha striking.

Well but the game mechanics must be same for all, breaking the game mechanics is not fair to me! Fairplay is top priority in any competition!

#71 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostENS Puskin, on 14 July 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Well but the game mechanics must be same for all, breaking the game mechanics is not fair to me! Fairplay is top priority in any competition!

If you use joystick, you can easily make TAG toggle by mapping it to a throttle axis. You cannot do this with mouse / keyboard (wedging a key down does not work as well).
Is that fair?
Is everyone getting the "same mechanics"? No.

Fire Control gives keyb/mouse players a way to do TAG toggle like joystick users have.

99% of joystick users have to put up with relative aiming as PGI have not implemented absolute aiming yet.

Is that fair? No.

Edited by evilC, 15 July 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#72 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

I can't believe the morals of this thread have made it to 4 ******* pages. You guys should really look in the mirror and realize how pitiful this has become.

This isn't a CALL OF DOOTY INFINITE RATE OF FIRE HALF SEC RELODE MACRO this is a set of macros that give the player more options. Since they broke AC/2s by making them absolute **** all around, and most of all at suppression, the AC/2 macro allows people to suppress enemies with cockpit shots. That is, if they are willing to gimp themselves with multiple AC/2s.

The AC/5 macro is useless since the new update.

The TAG macro is a necessity, really. PGI just hasn't taken the time to fix it yet. I mean, they only now announced that this latest patch is adding MOUSE WHEEL KEYBINDS ffs.

To everyone that is still going to complain about this thread, I hope you find peace in your life someday. Because right now you are making mountains out of dust flecks. What's that? Your argument is about macros in gaming, period? Well then why are you not posting in off-topic?!!

This topic has become a real eye-sore, would be cool to see a "hide thread" option :/

#73 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostevilC, on 15 July 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

If you use joystick, you can easily make TAG toggle by mapping it to a throttle axis. You cannot do this with mouse / keyboard (wedging a key down does not work as well).
Is that fair?
Is everyone getting the "same mechanics"? No.

Fire Control gives keyb/mouse players a way to do TAG toggle like joystick users have.

99% of joystick users have to put up with relative aiming as PGI have not implemented absolute aiming yet.

Is that fair? No.

Did not about the joystick becuase i play with keyboard and mouse and i am not using any macros. As i said using macro is like cheating becuase it gives you advantage.

#74 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Arm Lock as a proper toggle - one of the features in Fire Control, makes it in as an "official" feature this patch.

Being able to bind zoom to mouse wheel (Another one of my macros) - again has been added this patch.

Just sayin'

#75 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

We used to shame people caught using macros in games(for obvious reason). Then hardware started having macro keys. And quite frankly im happy for my 18Gkeys.

I currently own a keyboard Corsair Vengence K95, i have 18 macro keys and i use them to log in windows/games, write my email address, but i wouldnt be caught using it to alter my gameplay, i still hold to the higher standard the common gamer used to have 10+ years ago. Then again you have people on console perfectly fine with using aim assist, we have those on pc too but they have to pay for theirs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users