2 replies to this topic

#1 Arcaist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

A couple of month have passed since my last beta feedback, so here we go again.

Because of my job, I had to stay away from MWO for some weeks, just startet playing again
3 days ago. Here are my general impressions (exclusively pugging so far...):

- I like the new vision modes, even though they like kinda alike. The heat sight still could be more blurred, i dont have any problems navigating with it so far.

-Even after playing several matches, I havent seen anything linke airstrikes or artillery strikes,
so I cant say something about that yet.

-LRMs feel different now. The dmg nerf made them become the support weapon again, that
they are supposed to be. Aided by TAG and NARC, they are still deadly though, which greatly
encourages teamplay. (And my main mech is the standard C4 Cat)

-The game seems to have become somewhat unstable, compared to earlier times.
The client crashed roundabout every 3rd game, sometimes blackscreen, sometimes everything
froze, or really weirds graphic bugs (last problem went away after graphics driver update)

-ECM isn´t a problem for me anymore. The diversity of the seen mechs has improved greatly,
I did serveral matches without a single ECM mech on my or the enemy side. Thinking of
the CC post about the coming ECM changes, I am fine with that situation.

Generally, I like the way MWO is going, and honestly I cant understand all the whine here at
the forums. The game plays more tactically than ever!
IMHO, now its really important to fix the actual bugs (I know, you guys are behind that matter), and bringing in CW, and more maps. (Some simple ones like "Farmland" or "Flat Moon"
would be ok for me. Just brings in another "taste", some more diversity when thinking of
straight advancing mechs getting it on)

Also, the implementation of defensive turrets for the capture spots would bring a nice twist
to the slowly getting old Conquest / Assault Modes.

Other game modes would help as well, talking about Attack/Defense Matches, TDM (and
honestly, I dont think it would split up the playerbase THAT much...if done right)

Ok, thats my 2 cents.

Keep up the good work, I really like what you guys did so far!

Edited by Arcaist, 07 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#2 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

The whine isn't about balance.

It's about the game being ******* unplayable for a lot of people.

In my case the game is barely playable, I get the flashing hud triangles of doom bug every 5th match or so.

Apparently for my GPU this has nothing to do with drivers, they don't change ****.

I would love the game as I used to love it before April 2nd patch if It played the same.

Edited by Cervantes88, 07 April 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#3 Arcaist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Well, I am adressing the "weapon x is imba, NERF it" whine. As stated more below, i also want the bugs fixed...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users