70 replies to this topic

#21 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

No. A stock mech event, community sponsored or not, is STOCK MECHS.

DO NOT come here and tell us which mechs are out ENTIRELY, which equipment is ok and which isn't.

Stock Mech Sunday should be STOCK MECHS ONLY, or you might as well call it Buuthurt Sunday.

Edited by Vermaxx, 07 April 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#22 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 07 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Step 1: Take the goon designed Dragon
Step 2: Win every time, because seriously, TT designs suck in MW:O!

I'd be all for a stock drop thing as a gimmick bit of fun but that right there kills it. Not that I'm complaining. Giving newbies even a MARGINALLY useful 'mech has helped their morale considerably.

The 'Goon' Dragon sucks just as hard. Trials fall just as easy with it.

Also, what about Mechs that can be made into exact duplicates of record sheet Mechs or variants? And including the MG and/or Flamer variants in this 'stock' list is rather pointless, since they can't even compete with other stock Mech's that don't have MG's. That is how sad they are balanced.

Edited by General Taskeen, 07 April 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#23 Pupecki

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think if you are going to have a stock tournament you shouldn't be allowed to change anything on the mech beside maybe armor and ammo distribution. Otherwise it is just a custom mech with a poor weapon loadout

#24 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostAym, on 07 April 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Thank you! I thought it would be great fun too! I work Sundays (at work now) but I hope people participating in this have some laughs! I'm not sure I agree with restricting some stock mechs, I realize some will be standouts in terms of apparent power (Hunch SP and P I'm looking at you...) but I'd like to see how it plays out before restricting it further. OP I love the icon you made for this though!

Ya I originally didn't have this rule but then the first people to reply to this thread started ranting about them. For now I changed it back so like you said we can try it out first and it is something we can use if needed.

I would hope that the people that want to play non-tournament stock battles will play a variety of the mechs.

Edited by TheForce, 07 April 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#25 Sodapop

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'd be keen as to try some stock mech action;  thanks for setting this up, OP.   I can recall they had a stock league in TWL, I think it was, for MW4 which I really enjoyed.

#26 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Starting out simple is a good idea. Any further rules/restrictions other than "stock mech weapon loadouts only", which is easy to verify, can be added for future drops when we've seen how this works (or not).

As for time, hmm. Might a Saturday or Friday night work better than Sunday night? At least if we European types are gonna participate. 6 PM on a Sunday would, for most of us, be around midnight on a Sunday night, and with having to get up for work Monday morning that might be a problem for us. Or earlier on a Sunday might work.

#27 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostPupecki, on 07 April 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

I think if you are going to have a stock tournament you shouldn't be allowed to change anything on the mech beside maybe armor and ammo distribution. Otherwise it is just a custom mech with a poor weapon loadout

It isn't a tournament (I've updated the OP to make that clear).

There is no official supported stock mode. The rule that Aym suggested is pretty good. It is easy to understand and it changes the game from one or two shot alphas.

Edited by TheForce, 08 April 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#28 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

View Postmekabuser, on 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

there are plenty of stock builds that are fine.. Secondly, stock weapons,, tweaked everything else should be serious fun..
I approve.
nice idea.

There are almost no stock builds that are fine. They all suffer from ridicilous heat problems. The ones that use a lot of ballistics might fare the best, because at least there, the heat issue isn't magnified as much.

#29 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

very skewed and not stock at all, sorry, pass

I would rather like having a real stock only mode in MWO implemented by the devs.

Edited by TexAss, 08 April 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#30 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 07 April 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Starting out simple is a good idea. Any further rules/restrictions other than "stock mech weapon loadouts only", which is easy to verify, can be added for future drops when we've seen how this works (or not).

As for time, hmm. Might a Saturday or Friday night work better than Sunday night? At least if we European types are gonna participate. 6 PM on a Sunday would, for most of us, be around midnight on a Sunday night, and with having to get up for work Monday morning that might be a problem for us. Or earlier on a Sunday might work.

Saturday might be better but I've been busy on these days. I could do saturday the following week though.

Edited by TheForce, 08 April 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#31 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Just call it Semi-Stock Sunday and then the f'ing Trolls can go back under their Bridges until the next time someone doesn't type something exactly as they would like it.

I like the idea myself. If you do not for any reason, just don't bother, to attend or comment. It cannot be that hard... :)

#32 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostTexAss, on 08 April 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

very skewed and not stock at all, sorry, pass

I would rather like having a real stock only mode in MWO implemented by the devs.

I would also rather have a real stock mode, and so would a lot of other people:

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Stock matches aren't even in PGI's plan at thist time, a lot of players are getting tired of the FOTM alpha builds, so I think this is a good idea :)

#33 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 08 April 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Just call it Semi-Stock Sunday and then the f'ing Trolls can go back under their Bridges until the next time someone doesn't type something exactly as they would like it.

I like the idea myself. If you do not for any reason, just don't bother, to attend or comment. It cannot be that hard... :)

Seriously, it's like a personal affront to some of you people that the rules aren't exactly how you like them. Don't participate so as not to tarnish your K/D ratios. OP cool idea, will attend with close to stock builds (all builds with Endo + DHS but what can you do).

#34 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Would saying semi-stock really stop the trolling ;)

#35 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostTheForce, on 08 April 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Would saying semi-stock really stop the trolling ;)

LOL! If they don't like it then they don't have to play, Or they could make their own with their own rules...

Oh wait.

They are obviously to f'ing lazy to make their own, so the next best thing they can come up with is to criticize the work of others that aren't too f'ing lazy.

Its brutal, but doesn't reflect off color at all around here.

Edited by MaddMaxx, 08 April 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#36 Cairbre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 163 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Challenge Accepted! Bring it. And for the really hardcore- don't modify your non-weapons. They can't verify it, but you'll know you're stockier than a Dwarf with a drinking problem, and twice as mean!

#37 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm glad to see this getting some support,

#38 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Posttayhimself, on 08 April 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Aym cool idea, will attend with close to stock builds (all builds with Endo + DHS but what can you do).

It was Aym's idea ;)

Ya it'll be pretty close. Maybe better in some cases as some people say the heat scale is messed up badly compared to TT and the stock mechs are running too hot. Semi-Stock allows us to:

- max out double heat sinks
- max armor
- increase ammo.

This may bring us closer to what stock should be.

Anyone want to do the math? :D

#39 Jack Corvus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm a little curious why the COM-3A is not on the approved list.

#40 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostJack Corvus, on 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm a little curious why the COM-3A is not on the approved list.

To be clear, there is no "approved list" at this time. I put that together after the first few people replied to this thread suggesting people will only take the OP stock mechs or mechs with ECM. I can't remember why the 3A isn't there...maybe i missed it?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users