136 replies to this topic

#1 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I try to keep it positive on the forums, and this is a game I enjoy dearly. But man, what is going on? We seem to have slipped back into Alpha last week.

This weekend I am getting a major bug in over 50% of my matches. Not the same one each time either, it's like a random bug lottery.

Disco Triangle HUD bug.
Rainbow Colored map bug.
No HUD bug.
Minimap won't rotate bug.
2-4 second server side lag.

It's not my video drivers.
It's definitely not just me. My last match I asked if others were having problems and half the players were in the same boat (anecdotal, but still).

I am not trying to gloom and doom, I just hope the game is back in a playable state soon, I would really like to make some C-Bills before the Highlander comes out.

#2 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs. They are inconvient more than anything. 4FPS and black screen bugs from back in the day were far worse than not being able to see your minimap.

#3 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

The only bug I've had is the map not rotating bug. The rest that you listed just sound like drivers that haven't been updated in forever. 2-4 second lag, sounds like a personal problem as well.

If you are talking about last night it looks like the server had an issue. But that's not a patch problem.

Edited by Ghost Bear, 07 April 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#4 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Bugs happen. Then they get fixed. Then they come back with friends. Frequently.

It is software development. Whether you think this is a beta or not, the game is not finished and has many issues that need to be addressed. If you are unhappy with the current state of the game then you should take a break for a little while while they try and get more things fixed. But it is possible that when you come back the game will still have some of the same bugs. Such is life.

#5 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think I like the Deja VU bug since last patch now you see the jaeger mech now you don't or OW CRAP HOW DID THAT MECH TELEPORT AND BACK SHOOT ME AHHHHHHHHHHHH. -------> Posted Image

Edited by KingCobra, 07 April 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#6 Kronos907

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Uranus

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

ive had all those bugs and more....

the disco bug is my fav one second everythings fine then boom you cants see anything, it like a kalidescope went off in your hud.

i also like the no icon bug where you cant tell your team from the other because there is no marker above the mechs.

but fortunately there are all these people willing to defend the current state of mwo because its beta after all..

and what the hell at least we can buy nick nacks for our mech right?

the game is almost unplayable in its current state. and no its not drivers....

#7 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Post80Bit, on 07 April 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE IS MELTING DOWN

OMG! Just like the old gypsy woman said!

#8 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

OW P.M.S I forgot to add PGI is throwing a player/fan bug party at there new headquarters to combat the last patch and take suggestions.------------> [Image Removed]

Edited by Niko Snow, 08 April 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#9 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostKronos907, on 07 April 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

ive had all those bugs and more....

the disco bug is my fav one second everythings fine then boom you cants see anything, it like a kalidescope went off in your hud.

i also like the no icon bug where you cant tell your team from the other because there is no marker above the mechs.

but fortunately there are all these people willing to defend the current state of mwo because its beta after all..

and what the hell at least we can buy nick nacks for our mech right?

the game is almost unplayable in its current state. and no its not drivers....

The people that "defend" MWO are not blind to the problems. We just see the good in the game above the issues. The game is MUCH more stable than it was, even with the current crop of problems. Yes, the problems are annoying, but they will be fixed. And then we will get new problems. And, not everyone has the same problems. Other than my mech getting stuck in a drop (2 times) and a few no map games, my game is more stable, less buggy, better FPS and all around BETTER than it was 2 months ago.

I know there are more people having problems than there are people with a stable game now, but (at the risk of sounding like a jerk), deal with it. It will get addressed. If it is not addressed to your satisfaction then find another game to play. It is not rocket science, if you are that unhappy with a game play something else.

#10 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 07 April 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

The people that "defend" MWO are not blind to the problems. We just see the good in the game above the issues. The game is MUCH more stable than it was, even with the current crop of problems. Yes, the problems are annoying, but they will be fixed. And then we will get new problems. And, not everyone has the same problems. Other than my mech getting stuck in a drop (2 times) and a few no map games, my game is more stable, less buggy, better FPS and all around BETTER than it was 2 months ago.

I know there are more people having problems than there are people with a stable game now, but (at the risk of sounding like a jerk), deal with it. It will get addressed. If it is not addressed to your satisfaction then find another game to play. It is not rocket science, if you are that unhappy with a game play something else.

TANK DONT BE A KISS ASSSSSSSS TOOOOOOOOO PGI MWO IS like riding a Segway ------>>>>>>>>> Posted Image

Edited by KingCobra, 07 April 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#11 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

OMG! Just like the old gypsy woman said!

Well actually she said Mechwarrior online will be hot enough to melt, but close enough!

Edited by hammerreborn, 07 April 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#12 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 07 April 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

.... find another game to play. It is not rocket science, if you are that unhappy with a game play something else.

We have. We are. +1

#13 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostI am, on 07 April 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

We have. We are. +1

Rather +2 now

#14 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

I did a fresh install, and I'm on the newest drivers here.
I get the following bugs:
No hud
No minimap
Rainbow minimap
Missing IFF
Non-rotating minimap

Now, compared to Closed Beta things are still better (no yellow screen, black screen, disconnects usually way down), but it'd be nice to see these dealt with.

#15 CarpetShark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

I just got a totally new (to me) bug. Halfway through the match, my arms locked to my torso just like the option had been set. Except I didn't set it.

Hitting or holding shift changed nothing. Setting and unsetting the option changed nothing.

Very frustrating.

#16 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Eh. It's not great. And I'm certainly under no illusion that PGI is a top tier development house.

But it's probably because of that, that I'm able to give them some degree of pass despite been a paying customer.

I'm quite aware that I'm spending money on an incomplete product; I'm under no expectation that it be perfect now, because I only spend the money on the pretense that it is enjoyable enough *now* to pay for it.

With that said, PGI shown that they've had the capacity to fix issues at a steady rate, and even hotfix the most severe issues that beset the game.

I expect that the next patch in a week or so will bring the bugs back down to a relative parity previous to the heavy metal patch. And if it doesn't, as long as the game can be launched and played enough that it doesn't ruin entire play sessions, then it'll still be ok to play, even if I'd shy away from spending anymore at that point.

Perhaps if they were claiming that the game was out of beta and just completely ignored any culpability of these issues, I'd be more up in arms - but that's not really the case. The attempt to treat it like it is out of beta and that they are ignoring any culpability - is just an excuse to get angry.

When life is so short, and so full of real injustices... why look for excuses to get angry?

Worst comes to worst, I'll take a break for a couple weeks while they sort out the bugs. But it hasn't gotten to that stage yet... it was very close to it; but they hotfixed the blackscreen issue.

Edited by Zaptruder, 07 April 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#17 Gooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

View Post80Bit, on 07 April 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Rainbow Colored map bug.

Oh, this is a bug? Okay, I got that yesterday on River City, but I wasn't sure if it was a new "feature". You know when you load up the game without reading patch notes and then realise "oh, the game does this now, that's cool". I was thinking while heading to upper city "what does all this colour coding mean? Is it something to do with map heat?" Then I started shooting mechs and forgot about investigating it until just now :P

Edited by Gooner, 07 April 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#18 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs. They are inconvient more than anything. 4FPS and black screen bugs from back in the day were far worse than not being able to see your minimap.

Flashing triangles that block your entire view and prevent you from seeing anything is not a major bug? You would not call that a major bug?

The others are more of an annoyance, but I was "back in the day", and back then I could at least play 90+% of the time. Right now it's down to about 60% of the time.

#19 Renthrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Holy CRAP people are spoiled.

"There's a bug with this unfinished game and it's not fixed over-night. LAAAAME!" . . . . . really? Come on. Can someone please explain to these . . . people . . . that the ENTIRE REASON that we are PLAYING MWO is to FIND these bugs, so that they can be FIXED? That's what 'beta' means.

Bugs are going to happen, stop acting surprised. Take note of the bugs, report them, and carry on. If your game is unplayable, wait for the next patch. It's not rocket science. Feel free to complain when a bug hasn't been fixed for a couple months, if you feel it needs to be a higher priority. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time and ours.

#20 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

View Post80Bit, on 07 April 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

The others are more of an annoyance, but I was "back in the day", and back then I could at least play 90+% of the time. Right now it's down to about 60% of the time.
So what. It's a patch that came with a few bugs.

Are you getting angry that PGI is oblivious to bugs?
Send in a ticket and make them aware. No sense QQ'ing about it when the next patch comes out in 2 weeks. Sometimes, it might even take FOUR weeks to isolate the bug, reproduce it, find what's causing it, figuring out how to fix it, making sure that it doesn't affect anything else, and if one of those things take a little extra longer.... yeh. it's going to take some time, and just gatta cool your jets. Do what you can, report things, it's beta, play the game, if you can't, then wait.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users