Mechwarrior Online Is Melting Down

136 replies to this topic

#41 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Bugs in a Beta? Shocker. Stop with the doom and gloom, it is entirely childish.

#42 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostSir Trent Howell, on 08 April 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Bugs in a Beta? Shocker. Stop with the doom and gloom, it is entirely childish.

Yeah, I feel sorry for people that had dropped so much money on a beta.

#43 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

View Post80Bit, on 07 April 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

I try to keep it positive on the forums, and this is a game I enjoy dearly. But man, what is going on? We seem to have slipped back into Alpha last week.

This weekend I am getting a major bug in over 50% of my matches. Not the same one each time either, it's like a random bug lottery.

Disco Triangle HUD bug.
Rainbow Colored map bug.
No HUD bug.
Minimap won't rotate bug.
2-4 second server side lag.

It's not my video drivers.
It's definitely not just me. My last match I asked if others were having problems and half the players were in the same boat (anecdotal, but still).

I am not trying to gloom and doom, I just hope the game is back in a playable state soon, I would really like to make some C-Bills before the Highlander comes out.

When you get this one, you should receive an award or something.
This is when the game gets tired of only giving you one or two HUD bugs per round and decides to push them all at you at the same time:
Posted Image

#44 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

I think the HUD related bugs might be made worse by connection quality. When I play PUG, I don't experience bugs that often, but if 2 friends come over and we share my connection and play, bugs seem far more frequent.

I wouldn't doubt if people with a higher ping or more taxed connection experience a higher occurence of bugs.

This might be the case because I bet a lot of that interface info is downloaded from them to the player before a match to try and deter cheating.

#45 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

View Postjay35, on 08 April 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

This is when the game gets tired of only giving you one or two HUD bugs per round and decides to push them all at you at the same time:
Posted Image

Wow, you got 999999999999 problems but a functional HUD ain't one.

#46 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

I hope there is a patch this tuesday. I really do... These bugs are getting old real fast.

#47 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 07 April 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

So what. It's a patch that came with a few bugs.

Are you getting angry that PGI is oblivious to bugs?
Send in a ticket and make them aware. No sense QQ'ing about it when the next patch comes out in 2 weeks. Sometimes, it might even take FOUR weeks to isolate the bug, reproduce it, find what's causing it, figuring out how to fix it, making sure that it doesn't affect anything else, and if one of those things take a little extra longer.... yeh. it's going to take some time, and just gatta cool your jets. Do what you can, report things, it's beta, play the game, if you can't, then wait.

http://mwomercs.com/...-issues-update/ <--

#48 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Last update: Last Wednesday.

Not a complaint, just an observation.

Edited by jay35, 08 April 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#49 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs. They are inconvient more than anything. 4FPS and black screen bugs from back in the day were far worse than not being able to see your minimap.

That's debatable. I've got the disco bug, and I can say for a fact it makes the game almost completely unplayable. IT pops up on some maps about every 40 to 50 seconds now and the only way to clear it is to alt-tab out and back in. I'm lucky to be even 25% of my usual effectiveness on those maps...

-- Edit --

Just to be clear, I've done my homework on this one. I've submitted a support ticket (which has been escalated to the devs). I've also completely updated my drivers and removed and re-installed MWO. At this point I have to wait on PGI...

Edited by Thuzel, 08 April 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#50 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostGhost Bear, on 07 April 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

The only bug I've had is the map not rotating bug. The rest that you listed just sound like drivers that haven't been updated in forever. 2-4 second lag, sounds like a personal problem as well.

If you are talking about last night it looks like the server had an issue. But that's not a patch problem.

2-4 second lag is a "personal problem" that a significant number of players have. if you can't run this game at lowest graphics settings on my computer, you can't expect a lot of casual players to pick this game up.

#51 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

View Postjay35, on 08 April 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

LAUNCH ALL THE BUGS!!

#52 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Man you guys have it hard.

The only bug I've had is 1 match with a non working mini map

#53 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs. They are inconvient more than anything. 4FPS and black screen bugs from back in the day were far worse than not being able to see your minimap.

Freaking lol - not major bugs. Seriously, you have low standards from your software.

#54 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 07 April 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'd like to see some sort of source where they've "explicitly stated" open beta is being considered as launch.

then you should probably look back to the forums near the end of closed beta

and you can plug your ears and cover your eyes and pretend everything the devs state prior to <insert arbitrary date> is meaningless, but that doesn't change those other things i pointed out. you know, the <everything that matters> is final part

Edited by p00k, 08 April 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#55 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

OH LOOK

This thread again.

#56 Hood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

What confuses me is someone gets frustrated and makes a post about the bugs. Then there are like 2 sides bashing each other about its beta deal, or they should be fixed bad PGI...

How about yea I noticed them too sorry your frustrated? Or sorry dude I'm not seeing them. Or hey I think its related to tabbing out at this point of the load. Not really sure why the bashing has to be thrown in.

#57 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Posted Image

#58 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

No hud + probable rainbow map under it + 15 fps bug is quite annoying.. the same as the rainbow map that stucks my game at 15 fps.

I agree that most of the other bugs are rather silly and less important, but something must be done to address bugs that evidently happen during the HUD generation.

#59 Sifright

• 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostThuzel, on 08 April 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

LAUNCH ALL THE BUGS!!

Move zig, Move out every zig.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Also, did you get clan tech released early, your paper doll is totally a timber wolf.

Edited by Sifright, 08 April 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#60 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

With the Elo the fun factor was removed from the game for me. With the bugs this game is truly unplayable. Its a shame to. I love mechs, but dont know whats worst this game or the other one where you pilot refrigerators, TV's and hot water heaters.

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 08 April 2013 - 08:29 AM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users