Alshain Open Results Post

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

The first Kurita community tournament is in the books and everything went extremely well. I'd like to thank all of our participants for coming out Saturday night and joining us for a very enjoyable night of battles. Win or lose, it was good competition and a good time for all. Although we ended up with fewer teams than we'd hoped (some had other commitments), the competition was great and each unit had several alternates itching to get involved. The overall win went to the 9th Sword of the Dragon with a record of 10 and 2!. The MVP is awarded to Tex Mechs Robot for leading his team to victory, calling all of the fights, and scoring above and away the highest damage totals in the competition. Thanks again for everyone who participated. Hopefully we can get something similar going on in the near future with even more units involved!

Un-Official results:

9th Sword of the Dragon: 10-2
Night's Scorn: 8-4
2nd Arkab: 1-7 (Need confirmation of record)

Most Valuable Player: Tex Mechs Robot

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 10 April 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#2 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

All three units stated that another tournament in the future is a definite yes. Maybe a monthly tourney for Alshain Open Cup? We'd love to have some more teams, it was a blast for three hours dropping and fighting other warriors of the Dragon!

Thanks again to the Night's Scorn (you're hard fighters and those matches were close!) and the 2nd Arkab (quick learners, I have a feeling that with some more experience you'll be nasty) for joining us in some intense Mech combat!

#3 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

2nd Arkab won 1 game out of 7. In the Alshain tournament. Unfortunately, we had a couple fillers. So our group cohesion felt odd. Special Thanks to Vance Avalon of comstar Pariah Devalis for Helping us fill our Ranks. I'm trying to find a way to post my screenshots. As of lately, having issues at the moment.

Shitsureishimasu.(formal apology)
しつれいします。

Edited by Timuroslav, 09 April 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#4 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

All drops made during the sync drops count even if they were against non competition teams. It's a means of allowing everyone to have the same number of eligible games for their win total. Is the overall record correct?

-k

#5 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

2nd Arkab Played 7 total legitimate sync drop games. One game the enemy took 3 lights so that round was void. We didn't play a full 10 sync games. So, Yes it is. 1:7 Win:Total

#6 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Results have been revised. I'm already thinking of the next one and how to do it up bigger and better with even more teams participating.

-k

#7 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

It's kind of hard to post results, when Blogs and threads don't allow you to directly post photos into the the thread... Otherwise this would have been a lot easier.

#8 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Ahh, its a shame that 1st Ghost 5th bat couldnt participate in this, 9pm EST is way too late for us europeans.

Kdogg, it would be appreciated if we could find a way for us to participate (other tournament times? 4-6 pm EST we could make it, or a european division?)

Anyway, great going!

Edited by Will HellFire, 11 April 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#9 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 10 April 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's kind of hard to post results, when Blogs and threads don't allow you to directly post photos into the the thread... Otherwise this would have been a lot easier.

You can. I believe Imgur supplies you with the code you need in order to reference you images once you upload them to their free service. It works just the same as when you would attach a signature. I've used it to post pictures to the Unit Mechs and Setups thread.

View PostWill HellFire, on 11 April 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Ahh, its a shame that 1st Ghost 5th bat couldnt participate in this, 9pm EST is way too late for us europeans.

Kdogg, it would be appreciated if we could find a way for us to participate (other tournament times? 4-6 pm EST we could make it, or a european division?)

Anyway, great going!

Thank you very much!

I'm brainstorming how the next one will play out, and don't know exactly when it will all go down. Ideally we would like more teams to be involved and maybe players were skeptical and were looking out to see how the first one went before wanting to commit to doing one and involving their crews. It went really well and hopefully a new competition will go as smoothly as the first. It is a pretty informal, friendly competition so everyone is always welcome to come up, talk about the results, and have a good time.

As for the time, I can't make many promises about it being earlier, not because I want to leave anyone out, but because I have so little time to be on. I usually log on for an hour or two late on weekdays and then certain Saturday or Sunday nights that are free. Starting that early would take some major convincing to my wife... :ph34r: When I was a single guy just out of high school and working for my dad, it was nothing to make 8+ hour pulls on MPBT AOL, but it's not possible anymore unfortunately. I'll try to make the time and date work for as many teams as possible but typically, I'm logging in somewhere around 8pm or so on a Saturday.

-k

#10 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

We can always get two time slots going and have the best record take it

#11 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

GReat job guys, sucks that work kept me out of the drops. Great job to Tex mech!

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 11 April 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#12 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 11 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

We can always get two time slots going and have the best record take it

It might work if there are enough people who want to start earlier to have two distinct tournaments going, with a finals of some sort to take place between the winners. That way players can take part in either or both competitions. Also there may be a differing number of teams in each one and mixed teams between the two. I wouldn't be able to do the first tournament if we have an earlier time slot so maybe someone would like to volunteer?

-k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users