- - - - -

Community Warfare Clarity (P2P/f2P) - Feedback

342 replies to this topic

#341 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

I wasn't intending to make a CLAN INVASION IN SIX MONTHS SALE derail just then. Private matches are just something people have wanted for a very long time because PGI is very slow about any kind of competitive event to keep the game interesting, and doing sync-drops is unreliable.

Having private matches and spectator modes would be fantastic for the organized players who want to run community events on their own and for units that want to run scrimmages on their own. Taxing that, and gating access, is just a {Richard Cameron} move. Sorry, MechwarriorMan1980, you can't join us on Saturday's drop because you aren't paying a subscription fee for this free to play game? That rubs me wrong.

I'd be fine with organizations paying C-bills or a cheaper MC cost to pay for dropships/infrastructure/decals as a way to generate revenue and keep players playing. But forcing anybody who wants to participate in a fan-run tournament to pay cash money or be locked out? That's awful!

#342 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostChronojam, on 13 January 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

I wasn't intending to make a CLAN INVASION IN SIX MONTHS SALE derail just then. Private matches are just something people have wanted for a very long time because PGI is very slow about any kind of competitive event to keep the game interesting, and doing sync-drops is unreliable.

Having private matches and spectator modes would be fantastic for the organized players who want to run community events on their own and for units that want to run scrimmages on their own. Taxing that, and gating access, is just a {Richard Cameron} move. Sorry, MechwarriorMan1980, you can't join us on Saturday's drop because you aren't paying a subscription fee for this free to play game? That rubs me wrong.

I'd be fine with organizations paying C-bills or a cheaper MC cost to pay for dropships/infrastructure/decals as a way to generate revenue and keep players playing. But forcing anybody who wants to participate in a fan-run tournament to pay cash money or be locked out? That's awful!

I agree with you if that is how it is implemented. I know somewhere in all those command chair posts they said something about only the leader of the group needing to be on premium time, but that was probably a different discussion. It all depends on how they implement it, and that may be why they haven't released any more information since then...

#343 WhiteFenix

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationClan Space

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Guys, the ftp model sucks and now your seeing that. Don't expect the companies that make thier money off of fleecing the suckers to be an island of integrity. Thier game can be circling the bowl and they will still be dreaming up ways to get thier grubby little hands on every dollar possible.
This industry sickness is even affecting subscription fee games nowdays, perhaps if people like angryjoe (who isnt angry anymore) wasn't being paid by these poeple they might be more ashamed of thier actions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users