#261 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Have you buyed the Sherman Camo? The awesome looks great with it. With Balck and white it looks like a big Cow ;).Im goin to buy the Cobra Camo and Sherman Camo in the next days for my Phracts. Im really enyojing your pics guys.

#262 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Was thinking about it, but I'm going to wait for sales. I'm a bit low in the bank department.

#263 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for paying us a visit over on MechWarrior: Online General on /vg/ LordRed. I hope we were nice enough. I'll probably be using another one of your screen shots for the next OP image. I'll make sure to include credits.

#264 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostKoniving, on 05 June 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Was thinking about it, but I'm going to wait for sales. I'm a bit low in the bank department.

Ya,think i am waiting for sales too. Bought this way the tiger and Phranken Camo

View PostViterbi, on 05 June 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

These screenshots are great! We're going to share a few on our MechWarrior Online Facebook page and now that Print Screen functions by putting screenshots directly into your User folder.

Was about Time :)

#265 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostLordred, on 03 June 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Some Founders Hunchie Action.

Spoiler

Mine? We needs better shots!

View PostMighty Spike, on 05 June 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Ya,think i am waiting for sales too. Bought this way the tiger and Phranken Camo
Was about Time :)

Indeed. Much like the Firebrand. Up til now I owned all the heroes. At the moment I just can't afford a Firebrand. ;)

59 mechs, every hero except Firebrand so far. Btw most of the group said the default loadout got the thumbs up approval.

-----------

Loadout shots of some of the famous mechs in the screens.
Spoiler

Curious about builds used in Lordred's shots? If they're of me, I'll try to post 'em from now on. If they're already up here in image dumps, quote me somewhere and I'll come check out your request. If I still run the loadout I'll paste it here in an image. If not, I'll at least tell you what it was.

Edited by Koniving, 05 June 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#266 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

the Woodland comes with a 4th unchangeable colour? Interesting.
I have temporaly(?right?) only the Ilya. Firebrand is my next too.If a Victor Hero or another Mech that i like comes as Hero i will buy. The upcomin Sarah mech im goin to buy for sure. 59 Mechs that are many MCs only for the garage :)

#267 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Do you guys use SweetFX?

#268 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostMorang, on 06 June 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Do you guys use SweetFX?

Answered here.

View PostLordred, on 10 April 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

None of the images use SweetFX, as I have stated.

I have made no changes to the user config other then FOV.
I have not in any way altered any files in the game

What I have done is altered the hex values for my display drivers, and make post game touch ups to the image.

These are purely how I think the game should look, and I think they make darn good wallpapers and wished to share.

PGI frowns on the use of SweetFX. Once the higher end optimizations are complete the game itself could easily outdo what it is now and compete with how it looked in early closed beta.

On youtube type "Koniving Directx 11" to see how it looked. I liked things a lot back then. STD heatsinks only, no XL engines, heat mattered. Now we have double heatsinks and rising thresholds (that's not tabletop; no wonder we have so many balancing flukes now! Heat should 'matter' even in non-alpha builds).

In the meantime the main 'flare' that makes great screenshots is increases on saturation and the hex-file removal of the 'grain' filter that's used to make the game look grittier.

The lighting on Forest Colony, Canyon, and Tourmaline is great for screenshots. River City is good. Alpine is okay. Caustic, Forest Colony Snow, are terrible and River City Night leaves us wanting lots more ~functioning~ street lights.

Edited by Koniving, 07 June 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#269 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hmm, does tweaking your computers graphics really make that much of a difference?! I run the game on max settings and still see a significant difference in what i get to what you have. Having trouble with mech Jitter when they are moving too and motion blur is off.

Check the mechs on the right...

Posted Image

#270 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 06 June 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Hmm, does tweaking your computers graphics really make that much of a difference?! I run the game on max settings and still see a significant difference in what i get to what you have. Having trouble with mech Jitter when they are moving too and motion blur is off.

Check the mechs on the right...

It does. Comically though very little above medium settings actually works. Compared to closed beta, we're essentially at the medium to medium high level. They've only done low-end optimizations until super-recently.

Also Lordred already said how to fix that. Turn. Off. Post. Processing.

#271 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Today are goin to be the Digital Camo and the standard and premium blue colors cheaper. The Ilya,Fang and Flame 30% off. think i m goin to buy the Digital Camo for my Phracts and some other Mechs.

#272 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Lordred ?
Ever tried downsampling while going for screenies?
I´ve setup a custom resolution in the driver @ 2880x1620 for my 24" 1920x1080 BenQ XL2420, plus some NV Inspector tweaks (AA Settings)
I´m using that whenever screenying.
Outcome ?

Lookie here
Spoiler

for more screenies go here:

http://mwomercs.com/...llpaper-thread/

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 07 June 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#273 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

The Highlander looks cool in cobra camo.

#274 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 07 June 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

The Highlander looks cool in cobra camo.

Thought the same, why I HAD to picture him :)

#275 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 07 June 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Lordred ?
Ever tried downsampling while going for screenies?
I´ve setup a custom resolution in the driver @ 2880x1620 for my 24" 1920x1200 BenQ XL2420, plus some NV Inspector tweaks (AA Settings)
I´m using that whenever screenying.
Outcome ?

Lookie here
Spoiler

Good screens and thanks for the spoiler (some of the previous people failed to do so). Noticed something worrying though; in the screen of the Stalker quoted above you have a texture-wrap conflict of sorts. Is this normal for you or has that started recently? (Lordred typically gets on in about 3 to 5 hours from now.)

View PostMighty Spike, on 07 June 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

Today are goin to be the Digital Camo and the standard and premium blue colors cheaper. The Ilya,Fang and Flame 30% off. think i m goin to buy the Digital Camo for my Phracts and some other Mechs.

Purchased Hellblau (brightest of the blues; goes great with titanium white) and the digital camos for all the sale mechs except the Jager (already had it for the Jager).

#276 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

Just noticed that stalkers warped rear and hip textures, thanks for that headsup, have to take some looks around, but might come from my NV Inspector settings.

Edit:
Noticed them ingame too now, havent really looked from whence it stems, will research that.... looks damn ugly and I apologize if the screenies I already delivered are screwed because of that.

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 07 June 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#277 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Ya, purchased the digital camo :) . Have to try now some good colour combinations.

#278 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Ok people, which would you rather have uploaded?

1800p
Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 07 June 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#279 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm a fan of higher resolutions for such things because while they may look the same on my 1920x1080 display, I always prefer my wallpapers to be in as high a resolution as possible so when I eventually have a higher resolution display, they don't look chunky :)

Also, with higher resolution images, I can crop pics for wallpapers on my phone. At 800x1280, it's handy for them to be big to start with!

Edited by Wintersdark, 07 June 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#280 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Some more 1800p.

Opinions please, these are much larger file wise, so I would like to know.

Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users