2158 replies to this topic

#1 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

EDIT: 03-05-16

Most of the original images have been restored, rendering the pages almost all working again, some were lost.

Edit: 09-03-15

My Server move is completed, please skip to page 90+ for updates to this thread by other members, or feel free to check out my new thread The Perfect Screenshot Thread 4k Edition

You can find all of my newest screenshots on my Deviant Art page: http://lordred289.deviantart.com/ all of which are uploaded in full 4k resolution goodness and free for download.

Edit: 07-11-15: Thank you all very much for the two years of following me take screenshots. I will be continuing to do so, but no longer will I be using my own personal domain. Sadly this means that the first 90 or so pages are going to be blank now.

If you do not want to sift through all that, then please start here.

Edit 04-29-14: Thread has come along way full year plus of on/off updates and going strong. Originally I would take screenshots only at 1920x1200, post edit them in programs like Gimp, ViewNX2 and Capture One 6.

Now a days all my screenshots are un-edited and range anywhere from 1920x1200 to 3264x2024 (max signal my DVI-D input on my aging monitor can handle and scale.

We take requests, and we love feedback, so let us know what you think, and what would you like to see.

Edit (Long time ago): I am very happy with how popular this thread has become and I want to thank those who have let me know what they think, and also those who have contributed as well.

I have started a Dropbox account where I will host my RAW images (un-edited) feel free to do what you want with them. (stopped updating it when I switched to un-edited images as main posting)

Also anyone may re-post my images, encluding but not limited to re-upload / making alterations to, just credit me for the original please Posted Image

No real place that I see to post em, so. POOF!

My "perfect" screenshot thread. If people like I will post semi-regular image dumps, as the (Un)Official Zhi-Zhu photographer I will have a steady supply of screenshots, I try to only post the best of em.

Using Spoilers to make it easier to to navigate.

I make post-game tweaks to the image True up to page 20 ish
Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 05 March 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#2 armoredcore59

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 89 posts
  • LocationDans mon Atlas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

nice :D You has to modify your user.cfg? If yes can you me the link sil pleases you

#3 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

View Postarmoredcore59, on 09 April 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

nice :ph34r: You has to modify your user.cfg? If yes can you me the link sil pleases you

Thanks, but as I prefaced this with, I have no alterations to the user.cfg other then FOV set to 75, all other tweaks are done on a driver level via hex code alterations, and post-game cleanup with an image editor (basically small contrast, brightness and color saturation tweaks, nothing major)

I have found making edits to the user.cfg results in little to no in game difference in my attempts to clean up the way this game looks.

#4 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

some stragglers that I forgot to add in the initial dump.

Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 15 April 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#5 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Some nice images there, love how the water has come up and the gauss shot on the cat and explosions on the jager are my favorites. Very cool.. ..Does the gauss seriously look like that?

How do you get the image quality so high? :D

#6 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 09 April 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Some nice images there, love how the water has come up and the gauss shot on the cat and explosions on the jager are my favorites. Very cool.. ..Does the gauss seriously look like that?

How do you get the image quality so high? :D

A: yes, gauss looks like that, its awsome.
B: I've edited the hex values for my drivers specific to MWO. (no game configuration files altered)

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

<--Is the Catapult C1[F] and flamer Jagermech in the shots.

#8 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Small image dump.

Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 15 April 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#9 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Nice, but how many of these don't use sweetFX? ^_^

#10 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

None of the images use SweetFX, as I have stated.

I have made no changes to the user config other then FOV.
I have not in any way altered any files in the game

What I have done is altered the hex values for my display drivers, and make post game touch ups to the image.

These are purely how I think the game should look, and I think they make darn good wallpapers and wished to share.

#11 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Image dump 2
Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 15 April 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#12 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Image dump 3
Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 15 April 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

The catapults are me! WOO! YAY!

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Side by side of Lordred's view beside mine. Just FOV tweaks in both.

Koniving left. Lordred right.
Audio from both is just played at the beginning to show it is nearly perfectly synched, then it cuts to only my audio.

Edited by Koniving, 30 April 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#15 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Image dump 4
Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 15 April 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#16 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostLordred, on 10 April 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

None of the images use SweetFX, as I have stated.

I have made no changes to the user config other then FOV.
I have not in any way altered any files in the game

What I have done is altered the hex values for my display drivers, and make post game touch ups to the image.

These are purely how I think the game should look, and I think they make darn good wallpapers and wished to share.

So WHAT exactly did you change then? And to accomplish what?

Looks really cool.

Edited by TexAss, 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#17 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostTexAss, on 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

So WHAT exactly did you change then? And to accomplish what?

Looks really cool.

I went from the game controlling the AA (lack there of) and AF to forcing the drivers to control them completely, I also set the Occlusion to use the values from another game (Skyrim) when I had the AA forced really high under MSAA, CSAA, or SSAA the game would create all sorts of weird artifacts, massive performance issues and the like. Settling on FXAA (and only low amounts) at least afforded me slightly crisper images in game, and only slightly reduced the Aliasing problems this game has.

Posted Image

Starting with a base image which is as high quality as I can get the game to give me, and shooting it in a high quality format such as .PNG allows me to make several color/saturation/brightness/contrast/digital highlighting edits in the end, generally subtle ones) to result in a what I consider to be "fantastic" screen cap.

Here is the first image in this thread, unedited and edited to show the difference.
Spoiler

On with the show.

Image dump 5
Random people version (was dropping solo)
Spoiler

I know there are plenty of people who just look at the pretty pictures and go on their merry way, but I would love for some feedback, hear what people would like to see.

~Red

Edited by Lordred, 15 April 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#18 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostLordred, on 15 April 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

I went from the game controlling the AA (lack there of) and AF to forcing the drivers to control them completely, I also set the Occlusion to use the values from another game (Skyrim) when I had the AA forced really high under MSAA, CSAA, or SSAA the game would create all sorts of weird artifacts, massive performance issues and the like. Settling on FXAA (and only low amounts) at least afforded me slightly crisper images in game, and only slightly reduced the Aliasing problems this game has.

Posted Image

Starting with a base image which is as high quality as I can get the game to give me, and shooting it in a high quality format such as .PNG allows me to make several color/saturation/brightness/contrast/digital highlighting edits in the end, generally subtle ones) to result in a what I consider to be "fantastic" screen cap.

Here is the first image in this thread, unedited and edited to show the difference.

Isn't this stuff that you can also do with the nvidia control panel? Meaning letting nvidia choose the AF and AA settings instead of letting the application (MWO) do it?

#19 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostTexAss, on 15 April 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Isn't this stuff that you can also do with the nvidia control panel? Meaning letting nvidia choose the AF and AA settings instead of letting the application (MWO) do it?

To a degree yes, but not to the full extent of NV Inspector, you get the choice of override, but once you get into the game (since it launches as an admin) it can undo the override, the inspector program gives to a way around this with "Treat override as application controlled" and while you can control values for AA and AF in NVCP, you cannot have it use AA settings meant for other programs. I have done alot of back and forth testing and at least according to my eyes, it looks better using NV inspector.

#20 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostLordred, on 15 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

To a degree yes, but not to the full extent of NV Inspector, you get the choice of override, but once you get into the game (since it launches as an admin) it can undo the override, the inspector program gives to a way around this with "Treat override as application controlled" and while you can control values for AA and AF in NVCP, you cannot have it use AA settings meant for other programs. I have done alot of back and forth testing and at least according to my eyes, it looks better using NV inspector.

cool thansk for the explanation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users