• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,593 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostLordred, on 05 July 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

I sound so nerdy!!

lol,ya its sounds strange to hear his own voice....nice vids guys..but Koniving,your first build was with pulse lasers? Was too hot on other maps?

#443 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

Evil joker, dropping picture-bombs :)
Spoiler

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 06 July 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#444 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 06 July 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Evil joker, dropping picture-bombs :D

Looks like I'll have to update my Living Legends, drag Lordred along, and maybe you can help me figure out how to play the damn thing. I can cause lots of trouble in a suit but damn if I can ever get myself a mech.

#445 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 06 July 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

lol,ya its sounds strange to hear his own voice....nice vids guys..but Koniving,your first build was with pulse lasers? Was too hot on other maps?

After several runs we discovered the pulse lasers were very hot, and we kept trying to figure out ways to free up enough tonnage to get more heatsinks in as well. The alternative is to shoot less, and after being chased by 6 gauss rifles eh, we decided more heatsinks would be better. I actually like twin small + twin medium pulse because the beams start and stop at the same time. Fire. WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP, explosion. YES!

The only thing more satisfying is if death sounds were this loud.

#446 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

i would try twin small pulse and 1 medium pulse and 1 medium laser (yea its not that huge of a difference )
personally i always found that (sounds a bit silly i kno) t 2+ medium pulse lasers are always too hot for me if i intend to brawl it out
just don't find that 1 less heatsink and higher heat worth it for 1+ damage and shorter beam duration (well for multiple at least)

so heres my ad-vice!
(stack as much as possible on the 4p tho :D )

you were left with only that ac2 when things started getting hot but nice build still

Edited by kesuga7, 06 July 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#447 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostLordred, on 15 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

To a degree yes, but not to the full extent of NV Inspector, you get the choice of override, but once you get into the game (since it launches as an admin) it can undo the override, the inspector program gives to a way around this with "Treat override as application controlled" and while you can control values for AA and AF in NVCP, you cannot have it use AA settings meant for other programs. I have done alot of back and forth testing and at least according to my eyes, it looks better using NV inspector.

As somebody who worked directly on the NVIDIA DirectX Graphic driver for half a decade, I can say with great certainty that the game launch with administration privileges has nothing to do with NVIDIA Control Panel settings being ignored. While NVIDIA desires to give end-users as much control over their experience as possible, NVIDIA also wants to give creative control to its game development partners. Partner companies, like PGI, are given access to NVAPI which is the same backdoor the NVIDIA Control Panel uses to adjust the driver's behavior. Since they have equal access and last set values are the ones used, the game simply sets whatever values it wants. There are "more secret" API entrypoints which apps like Inspector take advantage of which cannot be overridden by the game devs (or the Control Panel).

#448 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,593 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Nice Vid :unsure: . You r right,jumping down from that pos should do more damage then yellow legs.
Ya,to shutdown in front of 6 Gauss is a baaad idea. I know cause my Phract has 2 of them :)

#449 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 06 July 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

As somebody who worked directly on the NVIDIA DirectX Graphic driver for half a decade, I can say with great certainty that the game launch with administration privileges has nothing to do with NVIDIA Control Panel settings being ignored. While NVIDIA desires to give end-users as much control over their experience as possible, NVIDIA also wants to give creative control to its game development partners. Partner companies, like PGI, are given access to NVAPI which is the same backdoor the NVIDIA Control Panel uses to adjust the driver's behavior. Since they have equal access and last set values are the ones used, the game simply sets whatever values it wants. There are "more secret" API entrypoints which apps like Inspector take advantage of which cannot be overridden by the game devs (or the Control Panel).

Thanks for the aditional info.

#450 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostKoniving, on 06 July 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Looks like I'll have to update my Living Legends, drag Lordred along, and maybe you can help me figure out how to play the damn thing. I can cause lots of trouble in a suit but damn if I can ever get myself a mech.

With ProjectPhoenixDown drawing nearer and nearer (begins with 12th July) it would be damn awesome to get as many people as possible snooping around MW:LL ,not to drag them away from MW:O, but to give them a sexy 2nd choice when it comes to stomping and shooting .
Check it out @ http://mwomercs.com/...t-phoenix-down/

#451 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Earlier, I told you Lordred came up with a new design to compliment the success of his IKBoSy.

View PostKoniving, on 05 July 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Lordred came up with a new design. Enjoy.

You can click on the arrow next to the quote to see which post it was.

Here's the other two videos we have so far with his design.
Spoiler

Opinions on it?
(Edit: Updated with fixed version of first video).

Edited by Koniving, 09 July 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#452 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

It's a good build -_-

#453 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Took this spectating someone (for another thread) but it came out so nice i had to post it here instead...

Spoiler

#454 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Spoiler

That looks really wicked ...

#455 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hey man, I saw Koniving in game and passed along the thanks, but I want to tell you guys, especially LordRed, thank you a ton for this thread and continuing it.

I actually like looking at this thread more than I do playing ;)

#456 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

more will come this weekend, been busy, sorry.

#457 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

I heard a rumor that Garth is falling for Highlanders?

Anyone able to confirm? (sorry Garth, this isnt even you, but seamed like a good joke B) )

Posted Image

Edited by Lordred, 10 July 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#458 Scop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

It's not pretty, but this was a moment that did amuse me enough to caputre: a RVN-3L that got Jager'd so hard, they knocked him through the floor of the map.

Spoiler

#459 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Drop Box updated

Lots of new pictures, none standing out enough to be posted (I have posted those that were though)

#460 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Images from the front.

Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 12 July 2013 - 08:58 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users