What Is The General Discussion Forum Missing?

53 replies to this topic

#21 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostWillie Sauerland, on 09 April 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

I actually took some time to read some of the threads in this forum and unfortunately that is an amount of time I will never get back. So much bickering and lack of discussion.

So, what is this forum missing? Quite simply - fresh air. Many of the posters should go get some because if one person is able to upset another via an electronic medium about an imaginary game world then perhaps it is time to take a breather.

Remember, your time on this spinning ball is limited. Why waste it killing those poor electrons who have to carry your message of ignorance, hate, or boasting? I realize, some of you have massive epeens and I don't. But then again, which of us is better adjusted? :ph34r:

Posted Image

TL;DR Fresh air doesn't kill brain cells. Most threads in the General Discussion forum do. Perhaps one should get more of one than the other? :D

KEEP THOSE HANDS UP......AND DON'T MOVE!...................bet you wish you were home....working on your SIG.....muahahahaha..... Now I want you to count to 100 outloud.......If you stop you get shot, if you turn around you get shot......... :P

#22 Willie Sauerland

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostMegalosauroid, on 09 April 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

"huur duur you guyz should go outside and get a real life" - OP

I'm sure you worked really hard

to prove my point.

10/10 for effort.

0/10 for effect.

5/10 overall,

which is still failing.

Good job.

*applauds*

#23 Megalosauroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

centered font

rating things out of 10

short sentences, each on its own line

"*applauds*"

troll harder op.

#24 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

#25 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Postjeffsw6, on 09 April 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Perhaps my machine guns would be effective against that infantry unit.

Guess that depends on your penetration rating. Caliber is a big issue along with velocity and rate of fire. Not to mention accuracy, you need to hit the small hitbox to land internal crits.

#26 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostFate 6, on 09 April 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

It's the same threads over and over because PGI still hasn't fixed the things that are messed up and they don't seem to be listening. As a result, people keep posting threads about the issues.

Being totally legit and serious here: I don't get this. I just don't.

It turns out that PGI has been believing that this game is a beta and the forum community is convinced the game has launched. Betas are very unstable, and in this game's case even more so. We know that, PGI knows that. PGI has been upfront that they have a lot of work ahead of them, and they've pushed back what they consider the launch by 6 months. So yeah PGI hasn't fixed some things, but they're working on it, that much is abundantly clear. Will everything get fixed in time for the launch? I don't know, and I don't expect it to either. Its too much to ask.

So it sounds to me that the forums are impatient and jumping to conclusions, cynically, when they have no data.

As for the "listening" I really don't understand this. PGI works for IGP the publisher, who calls the shots on that contract. PGI has said they are open to feed back and constructive criticism from the open beta player base. This does not mean we are, in any way, calling shots here. PGI has no responsibility to us in any way at all. We can't even vote with our dollars because this game can be had for free. And that's presuming the player base is united on most subjects which it isn't by any stretch of the imagination.

MGs, ECM, Consumables, MC only Merc units.... its all a cacophony of noise -- with no clear leader or chorus to be found. How can PGI listen to that? What do they listen to? 90% of it is shrieking for the sake of shrieking it seems. And this "feedback" is so arrogant and smug, bossy and whiney at the same time, what motivation does PGI have to even bother with that drek? Garth and Bryan has told the community, flat out on NGNG, what feed back they listen to and what feedback they throw out with out even glancing at it. But many folks around here keep bitching in the exact way that PGI ignores. Then they get mad that PGI isn't "listening"

I don't get it. This isn't PGI's fault, its the community that's failing here. I'm not excusing PGI for bugs, missing features and false starts -- all of that's happened somewhere or another, but if we want to get PGI to "listen" to us, then we need to speak in the ways they are receptive to.

#27 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostApnu, on 09 April 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Being totally legit and serious here: I don't get this. I just don't.

It turns out that PGI has been believing that this game is a beta and the forum community is convinced the game has launched. Betas are very unstable, and in this game's case even more so. We know that, PGI knows that. PGI has been upfront that they have a lot of work ahead of them, and they've pushed back what they consider the launch by 6 months. So yeah PGI hasn't fixed some things, but they're working on it, that much is abundantly clear. Will everything get fixed in time for the launch? I don't know, and I don't expect it to either. Its too much to ask.

So it sounds to me that the forums are impatient and jumping to conclusions, cynically, when they have no data.

As for the "listening" I really don't understand this. PGI works for IGP the publisher, who calls the shots on that contract. PGI has said they are open to feed back and constructive criticism from the open beta player base. This does not mean we are, in any way, calling shots here. PGI has no responsibility to us in any way at all. We can't even vote with our dollars because this game can be had for free. And that's presuming the player base is united on most subjects which it isn't by any stretch of the imagination.

MGs, ECM, Consumables, MC only Merc units.... its all a cacophony of noise -- with no clear leader or chorus to be found. How can PGI listen to that? What do they listen to? 90% of it is shrieking for the sake of shrieking it seems. And this "feedback" is so arrogant and smug, bossy and whiney at the same time, what motivation does PGI have to even bother with that drek? Garth and Bryan has told the community, flat out on NGNG, what feed back they listen to and what feedback they throw out with out even glancing at it. But many folks around here keep bitching in the exact way that PGI ignores. Then they get mad that PGI isn't "listening"

I don't get it. This isn't PGI's fault, its the community that's failing here. I'm not excusing PGI for bugs, missing features and false starts -- all of that's happened somewhere or another, but if we want to get PGI to "listen" to us, then we need to speak in the ways they are receptive to.

All I got out of that essay was "imawhiteknightiknowwhatpgiwants"

#28 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

A filter

#29 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

What map is that? Perhaps my machine guns would be effective against that infantry unit.

oh hell; cant talk about machine guns, the thread will get locked O.o

View PostFate 6, on 09 April 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

me too lol

#30 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I try hard to understand PGI but this video really says it all on how PGI feels about there player base and the MechWarrior fans in general. http://video.search....=yfp-t-900&tt=b

Edited by PappySmurf, 09 April 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#31 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

What map is that? Perhaps my machine guns would be effective against that infantry unit.

Yeah right, that infantry unit is clearly OP, it needs a nerf NOW!!! BLARG!! AFHDIF!!!

#32 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

It needs more Crabs.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 09 April 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#33 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostMegalosauroid, on 09 April 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

centered font

rating things out of 10

short sentences, each on its own line

"*applauds*"

troll harder op.

It's the way of life for Sour Willyland in K town

First post made me lol

#34 JimSuperBleeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Consistent feedback from the developers. There should be weekly dev posts on development and updates. It would prevent a lot of the chaos that is General Discussion.

#35 alexivy

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

bridges

the trolls are running out of room

#36 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostFate 6, on 09 April 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

I'm left to wonder why you hang around here trolling folk who don't hate PGI. You don't have much else to do huh?

#37 Willie Sauerland

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostApnu, on 09 April 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I'm left to wonder why you hang around here trolling folk who don't hate PGI. You don't have much else to do huh?

Ah,

but who

is trolling

who?

The way I see it,

the General Discussion Forum

is filled with

trolls

trolling

other

trolls.

#38 utzelbrutz

• PipPipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Da würd ich jetzt auch gerne stehen. Und dazu noch ne Frau. :) Yay.
Made my day.

#39 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

The ability to post otherwise completely valid general discussion that the publisher of this game does not like without being gestapo'd.

#40 Willie Sauerland

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 11 April 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

The ability to post otherwise completely valid general discussion that the publisher of this game does not like without being gestapo'd.

Could I have that

in the form of

a complete sentence

please?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users