Spider Armor Issues

47 replies to this topic

#21 Dwight Derringer

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostRoland, on 10 April 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, your piloting in that clip was well done, but that atlas was pretty terribad. Most of the fight he just stood perfectly stationary and whiffed on shot after shot.

Here is the rest of the match.

#22 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

I've legged a Spider and alpha'd his other exposed leg twice (48 in total) and he did not die. I then ran into him to kill him. That worked.

Spiders seem to me, the hardest to kill, and that's not just size, I've hit legged ones point blank and done no damage.

#23 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

I have no problems in killing Jenners, Ravens or Commandos in bigger mechs. Commandos are pretty easy to kill. But Spiders are near invulnerable. Even with Lasers pointing on them when fired I barely scratch them. Actually I fear the Spider the most in 1v1 situations.

I have no problem facing an AC 40 Jager ...but Spiders. There's a fair chance to kill an AC40 Jager for me but getting in a 1v1 situation with a Spider normally means I get slowly killed and that Spider runs away with it's armor in yellow or orange after finishing me. I don't think it should be this way.

Oh and the Spider still can engage with a whole team. Running circles for minutes while the whole team tries to kill it and then just run away when it gets critical. Even a Raven can't do that nowadays

Edited by Norman Kosh, 11 April 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#24 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Thanks Dwight for the videos. Since im a technoob im not able to make one. But thats not the typical situation that im talking about since you are able to pilot your Spider well. Since im avoiding Spiders now i dont get that much Problems then before but i got a match like 20 minutes ago where only the enemy Spider was left so i had to fight it. Me and the other 4 mechs of my team did fight her for some minutes. She didnt run away. Instead she just cycled between us all and managed to survive like 4-5 minutes until we lost due to caps. And guess waht i want to say next? ... ist really not that we all didnt hit her. :ph34r:

#25 Crimson Fenris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

The patch before the last, I got killed numerous times in spider (beside the fact i did a very fair amount of damages (yes, even with the 5K^^)).

Last night I tried to shoot a spider in my Hunchback 4SP : I'm pretty good for aiming and tracking fast targets (having a good training piloting most fast mechs), and alpha'ed him 4-5 times with 5 ML... I tracked him with appprox 60-70% efficiency in the torso, that means about 16 damage per alpha, for a total of about 70-80 damage to his torsos... I didnt even strip the armor on one of his sides, beside the fact his paperdoll was flashing. Not to mention some salvoes of SRM6+Artemis, barely hitting him, but some did.

I got no problem at all killing Jenners, Ravens, Cicadas, Commandos... but like the raven was, it seems like the Spider hitboxes are currently slightly bugged, as the Centurion ones seems to be as well.

The ping factor doesnt seems to be a factor anymore, thanks to the rewind state process on lasers (even with my 120ms ping), so I'm pretty disturbed by this spider unusual resilience.

Edited by Crimson Fenris, 11 April 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#26 Dwight Derringer

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 11 April 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

Thanks Dwight for the videos. Since im a technoob im not able to make one. But thats not the typical situation that im talking about since you are able to pilot your Spider well. Since im avoiding Spiders now i dont get that much Problems then before but i got a match like 20 minutes ago where only the enemy Spider was left so i had to fight it. Me and the other 4 mechs of my team did fight her for some minutes. She didnt run away. Instead she just cycled between us all and managed to survive like 4-5 minutes until we lost due to caps. And guess waht i want to say next? ... ist really not that we all didnt hit her. :rolleyes:

It does my heart good to hear that gender preference when speaking about a spider.

#27 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostICEFANG13, on 10 April 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

I've legged a Spider and alpha'd his other exposed leg twice (48 in total) and he did not die. I then ran into him to kill him. That worked.

Spiders seem to me, the hardest to kill, and that's not just size, I've hit legged ones point blank and done no damage.

Most of the time I'm in a spider I get killed by other lights - mostly because I run the X4 MG one.

#28 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Resurrecting thread.

From my perspective, where I am alpha'ing spiders with 35 damage with 2x erppc + gauss, there is absoloutely something wrong.

I suggest its either one or a combination of the following:

1) HSR isn't working properly for the size of the mech so the "alphas" are spreading too much damage.

2) The spider hitboxes have some sort of blackhole where damage dissapears.

3) The spider htiboxes are overlapping when the spiders are in motion so hitting one panel is causing several panels to take damage. I have seen 1 erppc hit multiple panels - this surely can't be right.

Either way something is most definitely wrong with either the mech itself or the way the game is reporting hits with something of that size.

#29 Khanublikhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Given the limited armaments on a Spider mech, it is very easy to max or near max the armour. It has excellent torso twist speed, which makes spreading attacks around easier too.

#30 Superslicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAlton, hampshire, uk

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

my point exactly http://mwomercs.com/...38#entry2385738

Edited by Superslicks, 26 May 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#31 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostCrimson Fenris, on 11 April 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

The patch before the last, I got killed numerous times in spider (beside the fact i did a very fair amount of damages (yes, even with the 5K^^)).

Last night I tried to shoot a spider in my Hunchback 4SP : I'm pretty good for aiming and tracking fast targets (having a good training piloting most fast mechs), and alpha'ed him 4-5 times with 5 ML... I tracked him with appprox 60-70% efficiency in the torso, that means about 16 damage per alpha, for a total of about 70-80 damage to his torsos... I didnt even strip the armor on one of his sides, beside the fact his paperdoll was flashing. Not to mention some salvoes of SRM6+Artemis, barely hitting him, but some did.

I got no problem at all killing Jenners, Ravens, Cicadas, Commandos... but like the raven was, it seems like the Spider hitboxes are currently slightly bugged, as the Centurion ones seems to be as well.

The ping factor doesnt seems to be a factor anymore, thanks to the rewind state process on lasers (even with my 120ms ping), so I'm pretty disturbed by this spider unusual resilience.

Watch this video I am in a SDR-5D. Now the atlas I stripped to death didn't really land any shots on me because of his loadout.
Tha Cat was just stupid clearly.
BUT The SDR-5K clearly takes ERPPC to the back 2x on two occasions from about 10 meters away and doesnt die I had to hit him a third time to kill two of his mg's then a well aimed shot took him down when he wouldn't leave me alone like he should have lol
I pounded him with 1x ERPPC and it took forever.
NOTE: I missed about the first 10 shots or so but the Atlas on my team was hitting him and SDR-5 anything has like 4 back armor even if you upgrade it it cant take 20 from a ERPPC and NO WAY 40 not with ALL THAT AMMO!! the armor simply isnt there. Yet it did like a Boss lol

You will also notice there is a spot (3:29-3:32 I disengage the SDR and engage the Cicada running across the front of my Atlases legs to disrupt the Cicadas free shot) there where I run in front of the unmoving Atlas and take 3XML to the face/ct on purpose to try and protect the Atlases legs from anymore Cicada damage as he was getting chewed up for about 5 mins at this point. He was just getting eaten up and it didn't really affect me if you look and personally I have an issue with that.

If the SDR- is messed up then it needs to be fixed I spend Way too much time training to have my skills called into question because I have a glitch, so PGI please fix this because I work too hard to want or need an unfair advantage.

Sincerely,

Caleb Brightmore and "ECHO" SDR-5D

Edited by Caleb Brightmore, 26 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#32 ConstantA

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Bumping the thread to let people know that Spider hit detection is still bugged.

I have no issues with other lights. If I hit — I hit, if I miss — I miss. But not with Mr. Spider.
Something is off with SDR hitbox.

#33 PEEFsmash

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Spiders still have some sort of lagshield. I think you need to aim ahead of them. I'm not sure though, but of course, Spiders have some sort of big problem with hit detection.

#34 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 08 July 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

Spiders still have some sort of lagshield. I think you need to aim ahead of them. I'm not sure though, but of course, Spiders have some sort of big problem with hit detection.

This, I've been alpha'd many times in my SDR and continue running making people angry that I won't die.

That said the deeper problem is hit detection, and the small spider benefits the most it seems.

#35 Braggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

i see it all the time, somehow a command goes down like a scrub, but the spider just keeps taking hit after hit and not getting it to count.

#36 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

The issue is there ever since the spider got added to the game, it always took less damage from shots than it should've.

#37 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

ya and my Rvn 4x is taking more damage. And my Rvn 3L has no leg armor anymore. 4realz!

#38 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

I don't have any problems hitting anything but Spiders now. I too think there is something wrong with hit detection on them.

#39 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

In a Jenner-F I found that chain firing my lasers against a spiders legs was a lot more effective than firing all the beams in one alpha.

#40 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostAsakara, on 08 July 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

In a Jenner-F I found that chain firing my lasers against a spiders legs was a lot more effective than firing all the beams in one alpha.

This is a wise thing to do, if you are close enough, in a Jenner-D (who is crazy, I mean no one should be doing this currently) with SRMs you can use the red hit detector of your aim to fire the missiles. Of course SRMs aren't worth bringing so this is not too helpful.

Although if you have this problem and have an A/C-20, this could help.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users