#41 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostBloody Moon, on 08 July 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

The issue is there ever since the spider got added to the game, it always took less damage from shots than it should've.

False, when they first came out (first mech I grabbed) lights had lag shield (anything over 120ish kph).

This was corrected with netcode fixes/patches.

For the last 2-3 months there have been intermittent hit detection issues (some people have had no relief of this issue) and small mechs get the most benefit from this.

I'm sure the spider's immortality can be attributed to hit detection errors between armor points. (basically the game can't decide where you hit, and then moves on to the next input after a few moments.)

I've seen this happen to larger mechs as well while spectating team mates after... dying in my spider. Nothing to the point of raven 3L's before their hit boxes got fixed.

#42 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

It's irritating when people respond to claims of a bug with skill insults. I see this in game a lot. Complain about spider hit detection bug in game and you get the same responses.

Der Hesse, I can reassure you it is not your imagination. Other lights die a lot more easily than the spider. It seems there are some workarounds to increase your chance to overcome the bug - use a lot of streaks, or several instant hit weapons, such as ballistics or ppc. Even these aren't foolproof; spider hit detection is bugged, plain and simple. It will probably be patched at some point, and then the trolls will have to find a new mech to exploit (life is hard). In the meantime, use a workaround, or take another spider.

#43 Panzerkampfwagen IV

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostAeusDeif, on 02 August 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

It's irritating when people respond to claims of a bug with skill insults. I see this in game a lot. Complain about spider hit detection bug in game and you get the same responses.

Der Hesse, I can reassure you it is not your imagination. Other lights die a lot more easily than the spider. It seems there are some workarounds to increase your chance to overcome the bug - use a lot of streaks, or several instant hit weapons, such as ballistics or ppc. Even these aren't foolproof; spider hit detection is bugged, plain and simple. It will probably be patched at some point, and then the trolls will have to find a new mech to exploit (life is hard). In the meantime, use a workaround, or take another spider.

Agreed, I think the forum community is full of people whos elo is too low to see the outstanding issues or care about them, they would prefer to sit back and tell people to L2P because it makes them feel good in their own minds.

The important thing to know about this glitch is that you cannot replicate it in the training grounds, it only occurs when the spider is moving.

#44 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

I like how "his network connection is affecting his shots" when he clearly states hitting with an ac20. IF he does a fraction of his dmg on hit its a bug, end of story. There is no glancing blows in this game.

#45 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Spiders are borked. Anyone telling you otherwise is most likely a spider pilot who thinks he's really, really good at dodging.

#46 MyszTrap

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hit boxes are an issue, as is HSR. Nothing is more frustrating than firing your AC20 at the back of a spider, seeing the actual exploding of the shell hitting it 200 meters away, and no damage is applied to it.

That said, last night a friend pretty much one shooted a spider with 4 medium lasers in the back followed by a well placed AC20 shot. I tell you, it was a beautiful site, I almost weeped for joy at seeing the pest mech of MWO go down in a heap of smoke a minute into the match.

#47 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Blaming the shooter when it comes to damaging lite mechs is getting old guys. If someone says they hit the target because that's what they witnessed first hand then they hit the friggin target as it was represented to them on screen. I spent 5 minutes chasing a spider around in my spider. Shot him about 30 times in the back and the legs from point blank with three medium lasers. That's 15 points of damage per hit. One would think one of those hits would cause some kind of damage. None at all. When he turned to shoot me I also noticed that I was taking no damage from him.

Last night I dropped with my team. We were all on Team Speak and could easily coordinate targets. We all went after a spider. Guess who won the engagement? The spider, all by himself, took out a whole lance of healthy mechs. If the spider pilot was in an atlas he would have been dead to rights for being so dumb as to challenge four mechs alone. But not the spider. Everyone reported hits but very little damage was registering. And this same scenario keeps repeating itself.

This tells me that either Host State Rewind is not working or the hit boxes on spiders specifically are bugged. About the only thing doing consistent damage to spiders these days are streaks.

#48 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

About the only thing doing consistent damage to spiders these days are streaks.

Ever since streaks got changed to not go for CT, there have been a lot more spiders.

Coincidence? (No, not really.)

Even still, I often see spiders take a salvo of locked-on LRMs to the face and barely even suffer a scratch.

Edited by zwanglos, 02 August 2013 - 12:51 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users