121 replies to this topic

#1 shihku7

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

http://www.wired.com...04/sony-indies/

Here's an article from Wired titled:
Why Game Developers Are Flocking to Sony and Fleeing From Microsoft

I think MWO can bring in a lot more players and money if it comes onto the PS4. The PS3 already has some free to play games like Dust 514, so maybe MWO could fit in well on the PSN too.
Plus it sounds like Sony is easier to work with than Microsoft when it comes to indie titles.
MWO is a great game but I think there aren't enough people with the PCs to run it well (like me!). The PS4 should be able to run it well, and it will probably have a large number of owners.

#2 Walk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Do not make the same mistake Diablo 3 did. They gutted the game in order to make it console compatible and that ruined the entire franchise. This game does not work on consoles, do not even suggest it, even at the very basics, there simply aren't enough buttons to make the game function properly.

#3 Cik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

how about no

#4 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

no

#5 Kooler

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Pretty sure they have to get the PC version running first before someone should even suggest that

#6 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

No.
You do not have enough buttons on dualshock to handle a mech...even Steel Battalion required 40 buttons controller or kinect(yeah they fcked up this one...).

#7 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

More to the point Microsoft refused them permission for consoles. It's always been a PC only game since the "reboot", if you read the intro dev post about the game, wherever it is these days.

#8 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

This is serious business and it needs a poll.

SO I CAN VOTE NO

#9 shihku7

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostWalk, on 09 April 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Do not make the same mistake Diablo 3 did. They gutted the game in order to make it console compatible and that ruined the entire franchise. This game does not work on consoles, do not even suggest it, even at the very basics, there simply aren't enough buttons to make the game function properly.

PS3 and PS4 both support mouse and keyboard. Dust 514 is a PS3 exclusive and fully supports keyboard/mouse. So PGI can really just put the game on PS4 and not even put in a gamepad control scheme at all, if they wanted to.

Personally I don't use that many buttons in MWO. For me the game has about as many buttons as Call of Duty. Anyway, the Dualshock has 14 buttons, not including select/start. If you make holding down L1 a "shift" type button, then you can nearly double that button count. I don't know about you but I don't use 26 buttons in MWO.

#10 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Microsoft is not known for playing well with others. And console? No thanks.

#11 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image

You don't think PGI has enough to do as it is, really?

#12 shihku7

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostKooler, on 09 April 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Pretty sure they have to get the PC version running first before someone should even suggest that

The PS4 is just a low or mid tier gaming PC though. All the components are just PC parts.

#13 Lazydrones541

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Consoles are dead to me... PCs are waaaay beyond the capabilites of any conosle.

#14 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

No way, no how. Well, maybe in a few years once they have a stable PC game, but no time soon.

With that said, they are probably working on a console version in secret(until the next interview that outs them).

#15 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

i could write a very long dossier about what i think about bringing MWO to a console, filled with many many well thought pro´s and cons and put some interview snippets with other players in it...

but since i am just a lazy and atmo very tired gamer,i´ll just say this much:

ENNN OHHHH... NO! :(

P.S.: if i can´t have dust514 for PC,no consolero shall have the enjoyment of MWO :P

Edited by Alex Warden, 09 April 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#16 shihku7

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

View Postarmyof1, on 09 April 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

You don't think PGI has enough to do as it is, really?

I think PGI is struggling with income so that's why they are trying to come up with all sorts of crazy ways to make money. Plus with low income they can't develop the game as fast as they would like.

If they have a PS4 user base, I think it's more likely they will have more income. The game will improve for it.

#17 Burnsidhe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

No. Consoles have severe problems when it comes to control schema. Mechwarrior Online does not deserve to be ##8*#$@^ over for the sake of console players.

Add to that the incredible prices that Sony charges developers to make games for the Playstation, and the prices they charge developers to release of patches on game consoles, and developing for the PS4 becomes a very clear and obvious losing proposition for *any* MMO.

PGI would *lose* money developing for the PS4, and the final nail in the coffin for this proposal is the fact that Microsoft (Which still holds game development rights for Mechwarrior games on consoles) won't allow them to develop Mechwarrior Online for any console platform.

Edited by Burnsidhe, 09 April 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#18 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Just say NO!

Playing MWO on a console is like master-bating with sand paper. Why would you torture yourself like that?

#19 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

NO.

There are already attempts to dumb down this game to bring in the lowest common denominator.

Hope no one is expecting to see " HEADSHOT!" in big flashing letters.

Edited by Phalanx100bc, 09 April 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#20 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

View Postshihku7, on 09 April 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

If they have a PS4 user base, I think it's more likely they will have more income. The game will improve for it.

The PS4 isn't even out. How would that help?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users