In Other Fasa Games Coming To Pc News....

26 replies to this topic

#1 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Shadow Run Returns gets released in June.

Between that and CW, there's gonna be some late nights this summer....

#2 Rakashan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Link please? I caught a teaser on this a while back and didn't get enough to track it down at the time. I agree with the sentiment though if it's any good.

#3 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

http://harebrained-s....com/shadowrun/

This is the one that was on Kickstarter a while back, right?

#4 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, they blew past their goals a couple times so the game is launching with a full editor so people can build missions/runs and share out to the community to play.

#5 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Oh wow I loved the original thanks for the link

#6 Spinning Burr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

http://www.shadowrun.com/

This website gives all news Shadowrun. 2013 is the Year of Shadowrun including 5th Edition tabletop rules and TWO new Shadowrun RPG video games. Shadowrun Returns (single player) is developed by the creator of the Shadowrun genre from FASA Corp (which is now defunct). Shadowrun Online (online multiplayer) is developed by an independent team collaborating with Catalyst Games which currently holds the Shadowrun license. Both video games will be out later this year in beta.

#7 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

yes !!! bring on renegade LEGION !!!!! oh wait .. shadow run .. ok

great good for you guys really ...

#8 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

What's shadowrun

#9 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

If Shadowrun is anything like the Xbox 360 game, I will be giving it a miss. Still, I will cross fingers!

Well obviously its not anything like the Xbox 360 game. Still I am already feeling dumb about some of my recent kickstarter purchases (eugh... Wasteland...), and I wont be indulging in any thing more of that nature until I see some good reviews.

Edited by Noobzorz, 09 April 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#10 Spinning Burr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts

Between the Shadowrun sister titles from FASA Corp days, Elite:Dangerous, Star Citizen, Warframe, Neverwinter, and whatever else comes down the pipe in free-to-play multiplayer online beta games, PGI/IGP has its hands full for competition for geeks' playtime and eyeballs. They have a full year headstart on these other titles. If they don't have a competitive working immersive game to compete with them, then they will be selected out in Darwinian fashion. I think the competition is good for the industry and frankly good for the MWO developers. They have the rights to a fantastic franchise. The ball is in their hands.

#11 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostKaspirikay, on 09 April 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

What's shadowrun

http://harebrained-s...dowrun-returns/

It looks... seriously excellent so far. Yowzer.

http://www.youtube.c...v=9MiMjQwd2VE

Edited by Noobzorz, 09 April 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#12 Dexion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWestern Ma.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Whats shadowrun? wha... I ... bu... Its.... I need a drink.

#13 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostSpinning Burr, on 09 April 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

http://www.shadowrun.com/

This website gives all news Shadowrun. 2013 is the Year of Shadowrun including 5th Edition tabletop rules and TWO new Shadowrun RPG video games. Shadowrun Returns (single player) is developed by the creator of the Shadowrun genre from FASA Corp (which is now defunct). Shadowrun Online (online multiplayer) is developed by an independent team collaborating with Catalyst Games which currently holds the Shadowrun license. Both video games will be out later this year in beta.

My buds and I are going to be all over 5th edition.
From the blogs they've put out a lot of the new mechanics sound great.

#14 Spinning Burr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Shadowrun is a near-future dystopian universe that started in the year 2050 (game time) and now is approaching 2080. It is similar to Dungeons & Dragons as a tabletop role playing game with different races, classes, skills, fighting styles, and magic. It has fantasy creatures and rolls dice to determine all event outcomes in the adventure. The difference from D&D is that it is a bit futuristic so you have technology, cyborgs, ultra modern weapons, virtual reality, a ubiquitous internet (called the Matrix) and a class of hackers (sometimes called deckers) as well as vehicle and drone experts called riggers, in addition to your mages, shamans, monks, and combat fighters (called street samurais). Corporations run the world and are more powerful than governments, in fact megacorps ARE governments. The Supreme Court is known as the Corporate Court. Players form a team of characters and embark on a fantasy quest known as a "shadowrun" usually contracted by one corp against a rival corp. It's a shadowrun because if you get caught or die, your employer will deny your existence or their involvement in the black ops mission.

Shadowrun is in my opinion the boldest attempt at a fantasy RPR as it combines nearly all known elements of different RPG universes. Rather than taking the players to a fantasy world typically set in the Dark Ages of our history, it breaks this canned assumption and brings the fantasy universe into our world with our technology and socioeconomic problems. Basically, mythical creatures and magic are added to our dystopian near future. So you can have a troll bouncer enforcer teamed up with an orc rigger driving an armored and weaponized Hummvie, a human hacker, and a dwarf shaman hired by a great dragon CEO of a large corporation (via proxies of course) to take on a biker gang of elves Akira style. They even have elements of early space exploration and space stations as well as early mecha technology in addition to cybertech and nanotech.

The amazing thing is that Shadowrun was created in 1991 and coined the term Matrix for its Internet. This was before widespread Internet and WWW as we know it. It was also roughly 10 years before the Matrix Trilogy by Wachowski brothers. Like in the movie, the Shadowrun Matrix is a virtual reality digital world where the hackers immerse their psyche and travel by thought plugged into a machine or as of 2060 "wirelessly" through their smart phones (called comm links). If the Matrix doesn't add enough layer of complexity to the game world, then the mages, shamans, and magical creatures add an even third layer of complexity in the Astral Plane which is their version of "Matrix." The real world, Matrix world, and Astral world coexist at the same time in the game. The possibilities for Shadowrun are endless and I think it is the most far reaching game universe created to date.

Edited by Spinning Burr, 10 April 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#15 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

i´m following SRR and SR:online since i first heard of them... very excited about those 2

oh,and that one for sure...

"guns,guns, guns. what would my life be without them?"
-Wedge, mercenary

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 09 April 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#16 Spinning Burr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

Very Blade Runner.

#17 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Ah good memories.

One of my all-time favourite universes.

I will never forget my Dwarfish Street Samurai and my beloved Battlemage.

#18 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Already in June? Man, they turned that one around faster than I had expected. Really looking forward to that one, and even Shadowrun Online which is also being worked on. Neither one of them having anything to do with that horrid mess of a first person shooter which had the gall to sully Shadowrun name a few years back. This one looks to be more of a classic RPG in the Fallout 1/Fallout 2/Baldur's Gate vein.

#19 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

View Postnitra, on 09 April 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

yes !!! bring on renegade LEGION !!!!! oh wait .. shadow run .. ok

great good for you guys really ...

I'd absolutely _love_ a game set in the Renegade Legion universe, be it groundside RPG with hovertanks/gravtanks and all or a space sim based on the Interceptor rules. I was a big fan of the old Renegade Legion: Battle for Jacob's Star game from SSI back in the day. A shame there was never a sequel to it.

#20 Brilig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 667 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/

This is the other game I spend time with when not on MWO. There was a long beta for this one too. But it is a badass game now.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users