It's Not A Bug! It's A Feature!

44 replies to this topic

#41 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostDavers, on 11 April 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Not being a real scholar of BT lore, i have to ask. Why did Comstar actively try to stop the reclamation of old technology? It wasn't to keep things like nukes out of everyone's hands, because they had that. It wasn't so they could take over themselves- they had superior technology for a long time and did nothing with it. What really was the point in keeping XL engines and Endo-steel lostech?

To make it short: They wanted to ensure their advance in everything technological, mainly on the communications sector. If the houses would have recovered the capability for interplanetary communication, it would have broken Comstar's monopoly. You can get a brief summary here:
http://www.sarna.net...ion_Holy_Shroud

#42 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Whoever told you those are bugs were lying. We are in a mech SIMULATOR.

View PostThinkTank, on 10 April 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

How can you reverse engineer a power plant when you don't have electricity?

With a hammer, screwdriver, and the forever useful crowbar?

Edited by Mystere, 11 April 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#43 FarEYE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I think we should be able to buy bug strike with mc and make the other team all loose their hud

#44 Siliconwolf

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 11 April 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

I would love to pilot a pirate mech. Maybe there could be some option to have your avatar beat the crap out of failing monitors and the like inside the cockpit. Maybe even spontaneous fires.

"Kiiyor, LRMs on Alpha"
"Can't, my dude's on fire agai - whoop, there we are, he got it out."

That is an absolutely awesome idea! You can have sparks flying when you get a nasty hit, have your pilot cursing..."Malfing *grumble* *grumble*"...would be even better with the introduction of the Clans! Stravag, Surat and of course.....FREEBIRTH!

#45 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostSiliconwolf, on 11 April 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

That is an absolutely awesome idea! You can have sparks flying when you get a nasty hit, have your pilot cursing..."Malfing *grumble* *grumble*"...would be even better with the introduction of the Clans! Stravag, Surat and of course.....FREEBIRTH!

Maybe the devs could include some raw pilot sound bytes that we could record over (with our own voices or other sounds) that were client side only.

Approximately 10 minutes after they released this, I would have all my mechs piloted by Arnie. There are sound boards for that everywhere!

If instruments were exploding, he could be doing that pain thing he does that sounds like someone is garrotting a goat.

Ooh! And override; "COME OOOHN!"

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users