Xp Grind Too Fast In Relation To Content Release

59 replies to this topic

#41 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostNick Carlile, on 11 April 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

How have you not mastered one mech? Is it because you don't own 3 of one mech type? Mastering Centurion's (the only mech I've mastered) didn't take that long. I played VERY casually too.

I own 3 atlas's, one hunchback,jenner and catapult and one stalker. I play what I like playing not to master them.

#42 Congzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

GXP is the end game grind not XP.

#43 Nick Carlile

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostViper69, on 11 April 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

I own 3 atlas's, one hunchback,jenner and catapult and one stalker. I play what I like playing not to master them.

That's fine, but you are a legendary founder. That means you were around at the start of the last reset.

You haven't played all of your Atlases enough to have one mastered? I mean it didn't take that long to do it with my Centurion's. And I can't play during the day, don't play much on Saturdays. And have 2 kids and a wife. I think I averaged at most 6-7 games a day (obviously sometimes it was 10 games a sunday and 3 or 4 on a monday).

And I am on a terrible computer and playing centurions as your first mech is not a good idea. So I didn't win a ton.

Just have a hard time with you not having ONE mastered.

Edited by Nick Carlile, 11 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#44 Ratnix

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 11 April 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

I acknowledge some people have a backlog of mechs, but at some future time you will eventually catch up to the rate at which they are releasing new mech chassis. That is the core of this thread.

CW will be long out before I even own every mech let alone be able to buy them. Sure there may come a time where I have every mech mastered and every module unlocked but I'm pretty sure nobody, not even the devs, know what content will be released in the next year or two.

Edited by Ratnix, 11 April 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#45 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostNick Carlile, on 11 April 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

That's fine, but you are a legendary founder. That means you were around at the start of the last reset.

You haven't played all of your Atlases enough to have one mastered? I mean it didn't take that long to do it with my Centurion's. And I can't play during the day, don't play much on Saturdays. And have 2 kids and a wife. I think I averaged at most 6-7 games a day (obviously sometimes it was 10 games a sunday and 3 or 4 on a monday).

And I am on a terrible computer and playing centurions as your first mech is not a good idea. So I didn't win a ton.

Just have a hard time with you not having ONE mastered.

I understand you have a hard time with it but I am telling the truth. I only recently activated my premium time last weekend. I only maybe play 3-5 matches a night. I dont know what else to say. I do have one atlas elite but thats the highest I have.

#46 Nick Carlile

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostViper69, on 11 April 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

I understand you have a hard time with it but I am telling the truth. I only recently activated my premium time last weekend. I only maybe play 3-5 matches a night. I dont know what else to say. I do have one atlas elite but thats the highest I have.

I've never used premium time either.

I guess it's possible. It just seems odd. How many matches have you played total?

#47 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostNick Carlile, on 11 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

I've never used premium time either.

I guess it's possible. It just seems odd. How many matches have you played total?

Not sure, dont even really know where to look for that stat

#48 Nick Carlile

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Click profile at the top, and then stats at the top.

#49 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostNick Carlile, on 11 April 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Click profile at the top, and then stats at the top.

Hell I only have played 112 games. I am the epitome of casual. I am married as well and work two jobs on the brink of losing one so MWO is not on the priority list for me currently. My family business has been hit hard by this shat economy.

Edited by Viper69, 11 April 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#50 Nick Carlile

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Holy crap dude, that's not like 3-5 games a night, that's like...well it's been what? 5 and a half months of open beta?

So lets say 165 days or so.

So you are averaging less than a game a day.

#51 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostNick Carlile, on 11 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Holy crap dude, that's not like 3-5 games a night, that's like...well it's been what? 5 and a half months of open beta?

So lets say 165 days or so.

So you are averaging less than a game a day.

Never said I played every day. Some days I get so disgusted with the bugs and with some of the other things that i just log off in disgust.

I should have said on the nights I play its 3-5 games.

Edited by Viper69, 11 April 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#52 Nick Carlile

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostViper69, on 11 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

You know how many mechs I have mastered? Zero. You know why? Because I dont race to finish things. There is ample content for someone who plays in moderation, not for someone who races through. There is no game made that is built for people who race through the content.

I know, but you are WELL below the average player. Garth said the average is about 10 games a night.

So you shouldn't really be telling anyone they are racing.

I'm below average, more like 8 games max a night. And I have mastered mechs.

#53 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostNick Carlile, on 11 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

I know, but you are WELL below the average player. Garth said the average is about 10 games a night.

So you shouldn't really be telling anyone they are racing.

I'm below average, more like 8 games max a night. And I have mastered mechs.

I understand, just giving my opinion and you are ok to disagree. It does not discount the fact that people do race, especially when you have people over 5k games +. Its cool we can agree to disagree.

#54 Nick Carlile

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostViper69, on 11 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I understand, just giving my opinion and you are ok to disagree. It does not discount the fact that people do race, especially when you have people over 5k games +. Its cool we can agree to disagree.

Oh no, not saying people don't race.

Just saying it really doesn't take much to master a mech in this game. And i'm definitely not one of those people who wants to play EVERY mech.

So I could see if you play like 2 or 3 mechs types, getting mastered is pretty easy.

Mech XP = Easy to get.

GXP = Hard to get.

Converting Mech XP to GXP makes you spend money.

That's how this game works.

#55 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostNick Carlile, on 11 April 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Oh no, not saying people don't race.

Just saying it really doesn't take much to master a mech in this game. And i'm definitely not one of those people who wants to play EVERY mech.

So I could see if you play like 2 or 3 mechs types, getting mastered is pretty easy.

Mech XP = Easy to get.

GXP = Hard to get.

Converting Mech XP to GXP makes you spend money.

That's how this game works.

Yup.

#56 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

It's really strange for me to see people worry about mech XP in one way or another. I'm always bottlenecked by c-bills, never by mech XP. I have nothing mastered (or even elited), yet 2/3 of my mechs have enough XP to instantly master multiple mechs if it wasn't blocked by the three chassis rule.

Of course, right now I'm not able to play at all because the graphics are permanently bugged for me, so I'm just waiting for a patch and hoping it fixes things.

#57 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Only having 6 Maps and 2 Game modes will cause Boredom to

#58 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostViper69, on 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hell I only have played 112 games. I am the epitome of casual. I am married as well and work two jobs on the brink of losing one so MWO is not on the priority list for me currently. My family business has been hit hard by this shat economy.

What the heck. I have like 600 and still feel like I don't have anything to show for it. And I feel like I barely play too.

#59 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 11 April 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

What the heck. I have like 600 and still feel like I don't have anything to show for it. And I feel like I barely play too.

I never claimed I played allot. I don't think the quantity of games I play invalidates any of my ideas or complaints. I experience the same bugs as someone who plays thousands of games.

#60 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I have many more things to grind. I'm not exactly in a hurry to do so.

Having mastered 12 variants (4 chassis), I'm not exactly in that much of a rush there.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users