My Greatest Frustration...

44 replies to this topic

#41 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Lasers, streaks and teammates maybe even ballistics come tuesday. This works against lights

Edited by Budor, 12 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#42 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

It's pretty ridiculous that some players think that Light mechs should be a counter to slow moving assaults. Lights are NOT supposed to be engaging in brawls and slaughtering their bigger, better armed opponents with ease.

I've recently taken my mastered 3L out of retirement again, due to my overplaying of my CN9's and boy does it feel cheesy. The only thing I am afraid of in that thing is other lights and only then if its more than one at a time. It's completely absurd that the most powerful mechs in the game are Lights. Sickening, really.

As to tactics, unless you play in 8 mans with a coordinated team, you're going to have one helluva time. Lights are not threatening when I know I can rely on my various teammates to be A) accurate and :) work together to take them down very quickly, but when pugging, yea your best bet is to aim for their legs with lasers and pray.

#43 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

A good ping. (Or HSR :) )

#44 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostDaZur, on 12 April 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

As a MW:O player I classify myself as a "tactical player"...

I'm not one to cry buff or nerf as I appreciate certain imbalances in warfare that require one to use strategy and tactics to overcome deficits and doing so, contributes largely to my enjoyment of this game.

EMS? - Direct fire weapons and focus fire... LRM spamming? - Use terrain and obstacles to avoid and close to defeat them... Splats? - Keep my distance and pick'm with ranged weapons... Poptards? - Use terrain and obstacles for cover and either counter-snipe or ambush... Boats / high alpha? - Keep moving and accost them when they over-heat...

Light Mechs? (Especially 2 or more working on concert)... I got nothing. I have literally no fear of anything Medium and above but those damn lights... I cringe when I run into them.

I cannot enumerate the number of times I find myself flailing about wildly trying to defend myself from a pair of lights as they spin me in circles and chew me to the bone... It's almost embarrassing. :)

So... You elite players (You guys know who you are) What are your secrets to handling getting gang-banged by ankle-biters?

There's 4 solutions to your problem. Lucky for you I have video results for 3 of them.
  • Go afk.
  • Step on them.
  • Leg it. In all seriousness any shots to the torso are a waste. Destroy its leg and it's no longer a threat. Pulse lasers do this best.
  • Wait for knockdowns and PUNCH it, just like this Atlas punched me. Fist to cockpit at 26 seconds.

Good luck, but seriously the best way is legging them.

#45 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostDaZur, on 12 April 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

As a MW:O player I classify myself as a "tactical player"...

I'm not one to cry buff or nerf as I appreciate certain imbalances in warfare that require one to use strategy and tactics to overcome deficits and doing so, contributes largely to my enjoyment of this game.

EMS? - Direct fire weapons and focus fire... LRM spamming? - Use terrain and obstacles to avoid and close to defeat them... Splats? - Keep my distance and pick'm with ranged weapons... Poptards? - Use terrain and obstacles for cover and either counter-snipe or ambush... Boats / high alpha? - Keep moving and accost them when they over-heat...

Light Mechs? (Especially 2 or more working on concert)... I got nothing. I have literally no fear of anything Medium and above but those damn lights... I cringe when I run into them.

I cannot enumerate the number of times I find myself flailing about wildly trying to defend myself from a pair of lights as they spin me in circles and chew me to the bone... It's almost embarrassing. :)

So... You elite players (You guys know who you are) What are your secrets to handling getting gang-banged by ankle-biters?

put your back against the objective(or building or terrain or w/e) then they cant run circles around you and you can shoot them any time they are able to shoot you. if your going in a premade(where you can count on your teammates) pair up larger mech with smaller mech and work in 2 man teams. much easier to keep them off balance that way and makes lights much easier to kill when they have to attack 2 targets at a time instead of having a solo mech to pick apart.

Edited by Hellcat420, 12 April 2013 - 05:48 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users