Put Missiles Back To 2.5 Damage And 0.7 Splash As Promised Or No Splash Damage

42 replies to this topic

#1 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

PGI you have created a new type of evil...

You have taken the power away from missile and so he players have all started ppc boating and laser boating more then ever rendering anything smaller then a large laser or ac20 worthless...

All im am seeing is large lasers ppcs. Dont f%&king know anymore
  • I support ppc and large lasers and boating as such. if it fits use it...
really

Is there any type of deflection system in place for eg ppc ballistics anything that is in form of mass that ppc?

I am trying not to cry like a baby over getting cored in 2 or 1 alpha/shot
  • Maybe review the recycle times for all weapons.
  • because if think needs to be done instead of reducing damage
correct me if i am wrong but ppc have no duration and recycle at 3.00 faster then medium lasers doing 5 damage...
  • Doesn't the the energy build up require more time?

& why not more heat to.

They are out gunning me when i use 2 gauss rifles. you would think i could get more shots in aye, but your wrong for ever 1 shot in, they get 2 and so forth

Missiles are waste of time now aswell... unless there are other missle boats out there or ??

(i know no spotter you loose lock on or target moves to fast like the lights they are)

you no have clear line of site without any hope for the enemy getting cover.
  • but still missiles in the air and i get ppc or laser or ?? & i get cored by boating 2-3 shots
  • There is no more fear associated with missiles any more
  • I support ppc and large lasers and boating as such. if it fits us it...
  • review the recycle times for all weapons.
  • because if think needs to be done instead of reducing damage

• correct me if i am wrong but ppc have no duration and recycle at 3.00. faster then medium lasers doing 5 damage... Doesn't the the energy build up require more time believe it or not.
    & why not more heat to.

• The majority of the laser weapons are around the same recycle time no major difference
There is my advice.

:D

Edited by Jadedhawke, 12 April 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#2 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

A fix is coming in May.

You may disperse now.

#3 alexivy

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yes, please take any modicum of skill required to boat away from the game. It was much better that way.

#4 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

I would rather fight a ppc boat that takes some manner of skill to aim than fight a missile boat that takes less effort to use.

#5 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

I agree with this because we definitely need more horrible players spamming missiles and face hugging their targets because they're bad. After all, the end of game damage meter is the exact determinant of skill and effectiveness.

#6 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 12 April 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

A fix is coming in May.

You may disperse now.

Make sure you hold your breath on that one, it's not like they ever say they are going to address an issue and then just let it fade away into the sunset.

#7 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

This thread is new and exciting.

#8 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

damage is fine, increase missle speed is all that needs done. you'd see a HUGE improvement with missles if they did that.

#9 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

No.

1) They need to fix Host State Rewind FIRST ... before adjusting any damage numbers, because that itself will adjust numbers.

2) They already told you when the fix is ... go read.

3) LRM's / Missiles are borked right now ... live with it.

Edited by NinetyProof, 12 April 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#10 Nightcrept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yeah the game is horrid in it's current state. Without a valid missile threat it's just another direct fire game.

#11 XSerjo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostNinetyProof, on 12 April 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

No.

1) They need to fix Host State Rewind FIRST ... before adjusting any damage numbers, because that itself will adjust numbers.

2) They already told you when the fix is ... go read.

3) LRM's / Missiles are borked right now ... live with it.

Completely agree! Host State Rewind must be implemented first. SSRMs now well balanced - because they always hit. With improved hit-registration system SRMs will back to service.

#12 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostViper69, on 12 April 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

I would rather fight a ppc boat that takes some manner of skill to aim than fight a missile boat that takes less effort to use.

While missles take less effort to use in a non ecm enviroment they have hindeances too (Im talking more obout the non boat mechs which PPCs fall into as well). LeRM's take a helluve a long time to get from point A to point B. 800 meters with a warning in between you should be able to find cover, I know I do. In a ECM enviroment you need tag which requires aiming and 750 meters which generally means you can get fired back on + they can pop a shot off at you before they run. Unlike a PPC they require Ammo and anything under 80 meters fail. This is not true with PPC it just gets significantly less damage.

Lightning Cowz are loving it right now because unlike most mechs they cannot get out of LRM fire in time, so thats why you get such blowback from snipers.

Also I've noticed snipers love using low settings. This enables them to see across the smaller maps and pick mechs off where as people with higher settings set have the disadvantage of Fog etc.

Boats don't usually get me and when they do kudos to them. But nerfing something that should be as powerful as another weapon and maybe more just because of qq isn't always the answer.

#13 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Sorry but missles should not go back to 2.5. You complain about PPC and LL boats but putting missle damage back up will just bring back the Zombie Centurions, the 5xSRM6 Stalkers, the 6xSRM6 Cats, the 4xSRM6 Jaegers and so on and so on. And as already stated, those builds just promote facehugging.

#14 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

right now they could use a buff to TT values

#15 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostViper69, on 12 April 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Really?
Come into view of a 4 or 6 PPC Stalker. you are going to take a knarly hit.
Someone want to fire 60 LRMs are me from 800 meters. Cool.
If i get hit by 60 LRMs fired from 800 meters it means I screwed up.
Not saying it never happens to me. It has. When it does I feel stupid.
After that one patch LRMs got stupid powerful. Before that though they were fine.
LRMs should definitely melt you ***. You get an audible warning and a ton of time to do something about it.
No other weapon has that massive of a nerf. So when you do not take advantage of the massive nerf on LRMs you should get penalized for it.
Period.

#16 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostNgamok, on 12 April 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Sorry but missles should not go back to 2.5. You complain about PPC and LL boats but putting missle damage back up will just bring back the Zombie Centurions, the 5xSRM6 Stalkers, the 6xSRM6 Cats, the 4xSRM6 Jaegers and so on and so on. And as already stated, those builds just promote facehugging.

OP was talking about LRMs, SRMs were never mentioned.

#17 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Ah if only they knew difference a missles and rockets.

#18 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

are you kidding me? pgi has gimped missiles so bad that thay are less then tt rules on damage output! a cat a-1 w/6xlrm-10s should have a firepower of 60"not 42"! an srm-6 should be 12 firepower not 9,streaks are 4 points not the 3 that's ingame dmge now! how about your ac 20 doing only 12 points of damage or a ppc only doing 6 points? then maybe you can see what the op is saying. and missile don't magicly teleport thru buildings either, unlike ppcs doing so now!

#19 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostTennex, on 12 April 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

right now they could use a buff to TT values

If your referring to a 1pt/missile damage value, then MWO's LRM's are there now. .7 x splash = .992(?)

Now if you absolutely feel that an extra .008 damage per missile would help, then I would send in a Suggestion. ;)

#20 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 12 April 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

If your referring to a 1pt/missile damage value, then MWO's LRM's are there now. .7 x splash = .992(?)

Now if you absolutely feel that an extra .008 damage per missile would help, then I would send in a Suggestion. ;)

Whoa whoa whoa! Don't go talking mechanics to people that don't want to understand them. They want to push their button and watch stuff blow up like the old days. Logic and balance don't enter into the discussion. So, repeat after me: I push da button, I see missiles fly, my target dies, I am happy.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users